Mobil 1 5w-50 RM139.90 @ Carrefour

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

anxious

Club Guest
I was at Carrefour Seberang Jaya, Pg today. Mobil 1 5w-50 was on offer for RM139.90. It sells for RM175 @ sparepart shops and RM198 @ Mobil Station I think. It was such a good offer that I got 5 bottles. 5 bottles ( 20 liters) should get me through the next 3 oil changes 6.5 liters per change x 3 = 19.5 liters?

E46Fanatic;249878 said:
Thanks for sharing. Is the offer available at Carrefour here in KL/PJ as well?

Yes it should be available at all Carrefours.

With the present record high oil price, its only a matter of time that the lubricant prices will be raised so better grab it while stocks last.

I am glad to be of service to fellow forumers.

Hey anxious, thanks for the SMS... I think there's another grade of Mobil 1, a lighter viscosity (not sure, but I think it's 0W-30), this is the one that will cost more.

Oh yeah, when filling up the engine oil, make sure you nag the grease monkeys cukup cukup... they tend to overfill... from experience, I got back my oil with less than a litre left, which meant that they filled over 7 litres, or they could have siphoned of 0.5 litres while I wasn't looking... eight 6-potter customers with such oil will get them enough oil for their next oil change, assuming they don't drive cars with humongous oil pan capacity like us...

have check the API rating.....

It is actually SJ. That's why it is cheap.

On the packing it's written SJ/SL/SM, first rating to be consider.

It means that the oil is from the SJ standard batch but since Mobil 1 have achieve API SM rating the also put in all the rating accordingly.

Malaysian market Mobil 1 FS 5W-50 only have SM written on it so it is the current batch oil not old stock old like carrefour is selling....:)

Cheers.

What diff does it make if it's only SJ rating as opposed to SM or whatever? Just need some education on real life effect.

A few moths back I alerted you guys about a offer in Carrefour for Mobil
1 5w-50 @ RM139.90 per bottle of 4 liters.(It retails ouside @ RM198)

I got 5 bottles in Sept and will be trying it at my next oil change.

Have any of you guys tried it?

Is it the same as the Mobil 1 sold at the Mobil petrol station @ RM198.

To my suprise, the offer is still on which makes me worry that if it is
such a good deal, how come its not sold out yet?

Cheers

Some engine oils these days are made in China also... I got Caltex Havoline fully synthetic recently from Chu Seng at RM188 x 2 bottles (ouch!), I actually read every small print there is on the bottle, it says made in China somewhere... I remembered previously they pasted a sticker of the local distributor's address there but this time they don't seem bothered to "censor" out the fact that the oil is from China...

Apparently Chu Seng only sells the 10W-50 grade Caltex Havoline... so is this Mobil 1. Isn't that overly high especially for the 4-pot N42? Need to shop for fully syn for the N42, have been thinking about the Q8 10W-40 one. Any Penang forumer interested in group buy?

Thanks for sharing the info Anxious. Perhaps you would wanna try on semi-synthetic oil rather than the fully synthetic ones?

I work with Shell and can get discount for the engine oil when I buy from our koop Shop. By didn't try yet....service at Shell Autosurf can get 10% discount including parts. Prefer to use shell oil since got discount. Fuel also got 5% discount but shell green color fuel under power until engine also got rough sound. This few days my ride really not responsive and yesterday switch with red color and now good performance. Really responsive.

Russie;318254 said:
Thanks for sharing the info Anxious. Perhaps you would wanna try on semi-synthetic oil rather than the fully synthetic ones?

I am glad to contribute whatever info that comes my way for the benefit of the forumers.

As for using semi synthetic oil, I had been using Castrol Magnatec on my cars for over 6-7 yrs now.(Still using it on my wife's Waja)

I also used Magnatec on my E36 when I got it. But when this Mobil 1 offer came about I couldnt resisit trying Mobil 1. At RM139, its almost RM50 cheaper per bottle than the Mobil Petrol Station.

I have been using Mobil 1 for the last 4500km and the car feels good.

Some say that the Mobil 1 sold in Carrefour is a bit different that the one in petrol station.

Apparently its made for European market and has the words "Rally Formula" on it.

Anyway at RM139, I can afford to change the oil every 6 months and not feel guilty about it.

Since we're at this topic of engine oil, any1 has tried idemitsu extreme pro fully syn 10w50 sm grade? Is it recommended on our udm since the oil is manufactured in japan or is more for the japanese high performance car?

Carrefour is still having this great deal, maybe it's a medium term on going thing? Saw at Carrefour Wangsa Maju today, price at RM138.

cheers

Top Bottom