m52 convert to m54

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

bikerz

Club Guest
i have m52 e46 328. i got an offer m54 from 530 e60, witout ecu and gearbox. can i use my original ecu and gearbox? juz change the engine

bikerz;457467 said:
i have m52 e46 328. i got an offer m54 from 530 e60, witout ecu and gearbox. can i use my original ecu and gearbox? juz change the engine

If no ECU, how to manage the slightly different engine effectively??? anyway, I think the wiring is different too..

is the m54 single vanos? coz mine is double vanos.

so, if i have the ecu, can install? gearbox no prob?

Another option you have is take the rotating assembly (crank, pistons and con rods) from the M54 and stroke your M52 to 3.0L. Of course to optimise you may need to remap your ECU to get the most out of your larger displacement engine.

Yes,
If you are running on M52TU(Double Vanos), you able to swap the complete engine by using back your ori intake manifold & throttle body. Regarding the ECU, can ask any tuner such as Bernard to have a magic touch on it.

Cheers

how about throttle? mine is drive by cable. can use for m54 engine?

bikerz;460585 said:
how about throttle? mine is drive by cable. can use for m54 engine?
Yes i know. Is yours Double Vanos (M52TU) ? drive by cable?

M54

bikerz;460707 said:
yes. but m54 is by wire right?
There are oredi a few running this set up in M'Y. As I said earlier, forget abt the e throttle. Use back your ori intake with the drive by cable throttle will do.

Cheers

but can i change to drive by wire? what part should i get? ECU need to change?

bikerz;463276 said:
but can i change to drive by wire? what part should i get? ECU need to change?

Hi Bikerz,
Have you upgraded your engine. If you have done, I would like to seek your advise on this. Plan to change my e39 M52B25TU with a M54B25 engine.....

Bukit Mertajam;538320 said:
Hi Bikerz,
Have you upgraded your engine. If you have done, I would like to seek your advise on this. Plan to change my e39 M52B25TU with a M54B25 engine.....

I would change to M52B28TU or M54B30 anytime. There is no replacement for displacement.

Top Bottom