m50 injectors

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

jo-e34

Club Guest
hi all,i'm jo from seremban,i've got an e34 525i (m20)myself and i've done some modifications on the engine itself by replacing the existing 525i conrods and crankshaft with an eta model,a super chip which icould not figure out what the make is because it was replaced by the previous owner,remove the centre boxes,replaced the muffler with a sports muffler and now i've encounter a problem at about 5k-6k rpm wherethe engine starts to run flat which i felt that the fuel is not rich enough for the engine,i saw an intresting article on the web that mention, where ucan actually use a m50 injector for the replacement over the m20 ones without any modifications,now i've asked around on the local mechanics in my neighbourhood and they told me that the m20s and m50s does not match.I'd seriously like to try them on,have any of u guys here performed such replacements b4? do you have any snap shots that i could use for reference?hope to hear from you guyz soonmany thanksjo

My advice is when u want to do some mofification on ur bimmer,make sure do it at proper way....don't rojak it. U have to know what u want to achive for the moditication,Power? FC? etc.....U got 525,i think the power should be ok..assume it's auto......change to manual is the direct way to increace the power.....Just my opinion. BTW wellcome to the club

Hi jo,welcome 2 the club... :D

Yes,it's direct swap...M50 injectors go directly into M20s.
Done be4...sorry no photos coz it's in the engine.
& u cann't see any difference fr a photo.
Tell ur mechanic to just do it...another thing,the railing doesn't fit.
Just change the injectors only & make sure u send them for injector service
to confirm they r all in good working condition.Also,when putting in d injectors,push it in properly so dat it sit tight in the hole, no air leaks.Apply some engine oil at the washer be4 pushing in.Otherwise, ur engine will run
as though missing a cyclinder.Tune ur CO after dat.

Cheers B)

wolv is right. mine 4 potter is using the m50 engine and it's running good.
:)

While you are replaceing your injectors, do clean up the carbon at the injector hole, service your trottle body and etc. :)

good luck. ;)

no need, first change your fuel regulator.. your's a lower bar.. 2.5bar type.. upgrade your fuel first... add a adjustable type.

Jo,

You need to check what the flow rate of the M50 injectors are compared to the M20. Since you are leaning out from 5K-6K, changing injectors may worsen the rpm ranges below 5K and you may be running very rich, which will be bad for power and worse for your wallet. It drinks like hell!.

Best approach is to hook a paggiback like the PowerF or SFC to your AFM, then use rpm specific tuning to correct the mixture. You need a rich.lean meter to monitor the O2 sensor (lamda sensor).

I have a APEXI Super AFC in my M20 car and I am using a 535 AFM!. Works great and I can tune it dynamically via buttons.

Originally posted by E34EuroTouring@Apr 20 2005, 05:25 PM
Jo,

You need to check what the flow rate of the M50 injectors are compared to the M20. Since you are leaning out from 5K-6K, changing injectors may worsen the rpm ranges below 5K and you may be running very rich, which will be bad for power and worse for your wallet. It drinks like hell!.

Best approach is to hook a paggiback like the PowerF or SFC to your AFM, then use rpm specific tuning to correct the mixture. You need a rich.lean meter to monitor the O2 sensor (lamda sensor).

I have a APEXI Super AFC in my M20 car and I am using a 535 AFM!. Works great and I can tune it dynamically via buttons.
I'm using the SMT6 piggy back ECU to tune mine... ;) not as convenient as SFC but i can reprogramme the ignition timing using the SMT6...

hi all,

thanks for the tips guyz,replace the old ones with m50s running great now,very pleasureable to drive now :lol:

Top Bottom