Fuel Injector

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by jarance@Nov 20 2005, 08:33 PM
Anyway went to autochild last Sat and ask for the injectors to be clean up.

Yup, it cost about RM50 for each injectors. Meet Brendan and he seem very helpful in all the query that you might have. The workshop area is ultra clean.

They took out the injectors and did about a few tests on the injectors.
1. Equalization Test
2. Flow Test
3. Spray test
4. Backflush
5. Autoclean

After they comfirm that the injectors are working fine, the soak to injectors in
some solvent and immersed it in the ultrasonic cleaner (did it on the front and rear side of the injector)

After that, saw some other cars did the decarbonizing. So gatal also try that coz it cost about RM89. The process involved spraying atomozing solvent into the throttle body when the engine is running. Saw alot of black smoke and white smoke came out from the exhaust. Most probably cause when the AFM is removed.

Total cost including Solvent and Service RM354.

Oh yes, the engine is smoother and pickup is better.

Basically, quite happy with the works.

Pro.
Clean workshop
Helpful and Professional service by Brendan
Have a lot of specialize equipment for various work. (coolant replacement, brake fluid, ATF replacement, injectors cleaning,air con etc)

Con.
Very Slow (was there at 12pm and left at 5 pm)
2 helpers only but look like still under training
pricey as compare to other workshop

BTW, saw some aftermarket air filter selling for RM180 (about double the normal price). it look like spoonge but is washable by water. I think the name is "crossplex" or something like that.. Does it work?
unker.....u into modding now?!

Originally posted by jeffreyewe@Nov 21 2005, 09:40 AM
The most important thing is....any difference after the cleaning?

me oso gatal...haha :nyehehe:
Actually, the injectors were in good condition prior to cleaning as I can see from the spray test and flow test that was conducted.

But I can definetly says that the decarbonizing works in bring the revs up.

Go for the the decarbon as the cleaning process is relatively fast and cost below RM100. Really amazed to see the tar and varnish actually got cleaned up when they sprayed some liquid on the trottle bottle.

BTW, bring a newspaper or magazine to read as it expected to take a loooong time.. :blink:

Originally posted by Jipster@Nov 21 2005, 10:00 AM

unker.....u into modding now?!
No lar... just want to make sure that the engine is working at optimised condition after engine was changed..

Even though the engine is smoother, I still have some eractic idling speed during the time when the aircon is switch off by the thermostat. But that is only for a few seconds only.

Originally posted by jeffreyewe@Nov 20 2005, 08:40 PM
The most important thing is....any difference after the cleaning?

me oso gatal...haha :nyehehe:
oi, neighbour.... when you going? I also gatal already

And guys, dont forget to tapau makan too. There isnt any shop nearby.

The last time I went there, i arrived at 1pm and left at 11PM!!! Solid 10hrs of doing nothing.

Originally posted by armereth@Nov 21 2005, 04:34 PM
And guys, dont forget to tapau makan too. There isnt any shop nearby.

The last time I went there, i arrived at 1pm and left at 11PM!!! Solid 10hrs of doing nothing.
10 hours.. What type of things that you do that that 10 hours? :dunno:

yes, the service is a bit slow but at least he is very meticulous with the work.

But, I think the decarb is quite fast. take about 30 minute max.

I have tried the Redline "SI-1" and found that there's little / none improvement on the power as I didn't have anything to test / confirm this but
there's an improvement in fuel economy of around 10%-13% . I got it for RM42.00 and use up the bottle in two fill up.

but i believe the ultrasonic cleaning method is the most effective while the "one bottle cure all " method is the most ecomonical and takes the least amount of time.

Top Bottom