Low Headlights

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

champion

Club Guest
Hi All,I realized my headlights are low and the lights are not pointing far enough on the road. I tried adjusting the lever dial in the cockpit, it did move up, but still not far enough. I also manually twitch the screws on both side of the headlight, but its not moving at all.Any suggestions as to how i can move the headlights level up so the lights could be able to shine further away?Thanks.

champion;445989 said:
Hi All,

I realized my headlights are low and the lights are not pointing far enough on the road. I tried adjusting the lever dial in the cockpit, it did move up, but still not far enough. I also manually twitch the screws on both side of the headlight, but its not moving at all.

Any suggestions as to how i can move the headlights level up so the lights could be able to shine further away?

Thanks.
Looks like your headlight adjuster may have been broken. Some members tried using the manual DIY ie. use a cable-tie to pull it up.

another possibility which i discovered could be that, the adjuster screw has been adjsuted OUT of the nut..how else can i put this??..

er..

the adjuster that u turn, actually turns a plastic screw, that threads into a nut on the housing. over adjustment may actually turn the nut/housing such that the two seperate. when that happens, it may get misaligned so u cant screw it back into the nut/housing! i found this out while dismantling my headlights on my E36, wondering why the adjusters dun work... had to manually fiddle with the thing to get the screwback in after removing the glass cover for access..., and voila..works again..

er.. hope this makes sense!! haha. so much words for so little a thing...

cheers!

michael

Jerman;446004 said:
Looks like your headlight adjuster may have been broken. Some members tried using the manual DIY ie. use a cable-tie to pull it up.

Tks Jerman, interim, will try out the manual way.

Btw, anyone knows where i can get the headlight adjuster fix ?

Jerman;446004 said:

bro jerman, hav u changed yours to Bi xenon ka ?

Tks BMW2007 - Unfortunately, i dont have such big oven to fit the headlamp... :(

u can buy the adjusters at Bavarian Auto and replace them at any BMW competent workshop

Owners with Xenon HID broken adjusters... my cousin living in UK has found the after market metal adjusters....shall we all do a bulk buy...

bimmer73;451000 said:
Owners with Xenon HID broken adjusters... my cousin living in UK has found the after market metal adjusters....shall we all do a bulk buy...

Non HID owners also can use wan rite?

I'm in too if there is going to be a bulk buy...but need to dismantle the headlights right, thats quite a tough job.

How about a group DIY on a nice given Sunday morning or somethin on dismantling the headlamps upon receiving the adjusters? Just a suggestion...

Top Bottom