Llumar vs V-Kool Elite

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

echoesian

Club Guest
Llumar which is offered by BMW as their standard tint vs the V-Kool Elite which one is better in terms of heat rejection?

I'm on my 3rd car with V-Kool Elite. Have looked at Llumar on a friend's Mazda, can't really tell the difference. Go for one with good workmanship since you're going to need that when the film eventually gives trouble. I've been very happy with V-Kool and Tint Shoppe.

FWIW V-Kool, Llumar and Huper Optik are all owned by the same parent company (Solutia) for several years already :D

Had terrible experience with Llumar, tint was re-done at their HQ and still the workmanship was crap, v-kool on wife's car has better heat rejection and workmanship was much better too.

gameover;679245 said:
I'm on my 3rd car with V-Kool Elite. Have looked at Llumar on a friend's Mazda, can't really tell the difference. Go for one with good workmanship since you're going to need that when the film eventually gives trouble. I've been very happy with V-Kool and Tint Shoppe.

FWIW V-Kool, Llumar and Huper Optik are all owned by the same parent company (Solutia) for several years already

I'm on my 3rd car with V Kool too. Elite is superb in heat rejection but now on V Kool secure. Best of both world.

Llumar has a lot of ranges just like VKool. I think Vkool Elite should be compared to Llumar Diamond 6 (6mm security tint) for heat rejection.

Using Llumar Diamond 6 , so far so good , smart tag friendly , JPJ compliance , Heat rejection is good too.

Using V-Kool Elite on my car, and my friend's car has Llumar (think its 6mm). Llumar looks slightly darker, heat rejection feels like the same.

i personally using V-Kool Elite and Huper Optik. interm of total heat rejection (at least on paper), i would say V-Kool Elite still the highest. however, i don't like v-kool color shading which is very light and greenish. i like Huper Optik Ceramic 40 for sides and Sach 60 for windscreen. total heat rejection very similar to v-kool but the color shading is nice. less glaring compare to v-kool

I would stay away from V-Kool and especially when fitted by Tint Shop USJ.

No problems at all with Smart tag with my Llumar tint-with my previous Honda Civic V Kool Elite-so much problms at Smart Tag lanes....

docrayboy;681351 said:
No problems at all with Smart tag with my Llumar tint-with my previous Honda Civic V Kool Elite-so much problms at Smart Tag lanes....

What is Llumar's color shading?

Just installed my with V-kool Elite 70 on the windscreen and V Kool 55 on others screens. Entered Sg Dua toll this morning and there was a police block. Saw the "mata" stared right at the windscreen and waved me thru. A few cars being waved to the side of the road, with very dark tinted glass. Don't know if it is because of the dark tinted glass thing ?

Top Bottom