Legendary S14 engine (No it's not the SR20DET) into RHD E30s?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
the stretch between subang and KLIA also good for 240kph.....

i kena once...chased by a Mini Gang, then harassed by E60 with BHP5 plate......all no respect me tho they all my kawan - cheh! ( Fab u know all of them and u also know when we do this )

only can hit 2XXkph flat in my 25 year oldie....

ANYWAY BACK TO TOPIC

Saw once this S14 lying is a puchong shop....same once Fab saw I think. S14 also is famous for not being able to cope in our heat...but if someone here game enough to try prive it wrong - please do so!!!

Best highway now to do a top speed run is LEKAS. It's superflat, 3 lanes all the way to Mantin.

As for legendary 4 pot BMW engine, my vote goes to the S42.

IN the states, many has plonked in the S2000 engine onto their E30, and if there is any jap engine worth their salt, this one fits the bill! hehehe.

Cheers

Jules;405520 said:
the stretch between subang and KLIA also good for 240kph.....

i kena once...chased by a Mini Gang, then harassed by E60 with BHP5 plate......all no respect me tho they all my kawan - cheh! ( Fab u know all of them and u also know when we do this )

only can hit 2XXkph flat in my 25 year oldie....

ANYWAY BACK TO TOPIC

Saw once this S14 lying is a puchong shop....same once Fab saw I think. S14 also is famous for not being able to cope in our heat...but if someone here game enough to try prive it wrong - please do so!!!

You got harrased by a 5bhp car?? aiyoh... :p

Quote:

The E30 M3 is the BMW Motorsport-developed version of the E30 3 Series. Its S14 four-cylinder powerplant is a further development of the M10 unit and was chosen by BMW because of its compact dimensions. The S14 engine powered the E30 M3 from 1986 to 1991.

The E30 M3's S14 engine was designed for racing applications and is therefore compact and high-revving. It combines the basic four-cylinder block from the M10 family with a four-valve head derived from the one used on the six-cylinder M88 and S38 motors. Special features of this engine include individual throttle plates for each cylinder, machined intake and exhaust ports, and a crankshaft with eight counterweights. Like the M88 and S38, the S14 does not have hydraulic lifters, and thus requires periodic valve adjustments.

The S14 engine developed 200 bhp, but a tuned variant with 220 bhp was created in 1989 in a small production run with the designation S14 EVO (for Evolution).

In Italy, BMW produced an 2.0-liter S14 version since cars with engines over 2.0 liters were subject to high taxes. To achieve 2.0 liters, the stroke was shortened to 72.6 mm.

In 1990, 600 vehicles were built with the S14 EVO2 engine. With a 95.5 mm bore and 87 mm stroke, the engine produced 238 bhp and competed successfully in the DTM German Touring Car Championships.

Unquote

Bmw m10 s14

Quote:

The E30 M3 is the BMW Motorsport-developed version of the E30 3 Series. Its S14 four-cylinder powerplant is a further development of the M10 unit and was chosen by BMW because of its compact dimensions. The S14 engine powered the E30 M3 from 1986 to 1991.

The E30 M3's S14 engine was designed for racing applications and is therefore compact and high-revving. It combines the basic four-cylinder block from the M10 family with a four-valve head derived from the one used on the six-cylinder M88 and S38 motors. Special features of this engine include individual throttle plates for each cylinder, machined intake and exhaust ports, and a crankshaft with eight counterweights. Like the M88 and S38, the S14 does not have hydraulic lifters, and thus requires periodic valve adjustments.

The S14 engine developed 200 bhp, but a tuned variant with 220 bhp was created in 1989 in a small production run with the designation S14 EVO (for Evolution).

In Italy, BMW produced an 2.0-liter S14 version since cars with engines over 2.0 liters were subject to high taxes. To achieve 2.0 liters, the stroke was shortened to 72.6 mm.

In 1990, 600 vehicles were built with the S14 EVO2 engine. With a 95.5 mm bore and 87 mm stroke, the engine produced 238 bhp and competed successfully in the DTM German Touring Car Championships.

Unquote

Top Bottom