Karak Highways never fail to be the headline..!!!

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
summary
from far @ 80km/h
see water flowing or puddle

500 meter away SLOW DOWN TO 20 km/h

250 meter away , press hard braking to slow down

10 meter SLOW DOWN !!!! let go pedal and dun press brake .

lastly , its raining drive slow , No car in the world with its safety feature can save you if you like mat remping driving in rain

tIANcI;757246 said:
Read this note on aquaplaning:

- Aquaplaning is the name given to the occasion where you are driving in wet conditions and your vehicles wheels lose traction.
- It can be difficult to tell when you are aquaplaning, but it often feels as though the steering is non-responsive and the back end is weaving/wobbling.
- It occurs as a combination of speed, tyre pressure, tyre condition and depth of water.
- Avoid aquaplaning by reducing your speed to under 50 mph. Over this speed and you significantly increase your chances of aquaplaning.
- Stay in the tracks of the vehicle in front of you, but stay back by at least 3 seconds.
- Try and stay in the middle lanes, as water will tend to gather in the outside lanes first.

If you do aquaplane:

- Depress the clutch
- Put you hazard lights on
- Grip the wheel firmly and steer where you want to go (steer into the skid)
- Avoid braking/accelerating
- Check the rear view mirror for other vehicles getting too close etc.

Eh ... got time to do all that ar? Hehehehehehe ...

geoffreylee;757470 said:
Can't find any BMW service center in the list

that mean BMW workshop is not under their panel, this one is like the one on BMW facebook , one younger scream at bmw why did not fix his car after his car caught on fire . ITS A BMW ! , but because he uses some insurance company that is not recognize BMW dealer / workshop . BMW malaysia cannot fix or check root cause. if they do the fellow have to to fork out money on his own pocket. so all insurance premium is about the same but the level of services and panel is diffrent for each insurance company its not just who claim faster. now if not under BMW dealer, you sure the parts they installing in your car is 100% real ??? or OEM GEMANY ( note the GERMANY without R ) or made in china parts . since in insurance claim the bill will show markup figure .

dark1234;757474 said:
that mean BMW workshop is not under their panel, this one is like the one on BMW facebook , one younger scream at bmw why did not fix his car after his car caught on fire . ITS A BMW ! , but because he uses some insurance company that is not recognize BMW dealer / workshop . BMW malaysia cannot fix or check root cause. if they do the fellow have to to fork out money on his own pocket. so all insurance premium is about the same but the level of services and panel is diffrent for each insurance company its not just who claim faster. now if not under BMW dealer, you sure the parts they installing in your car is 100% real ??? or OEM GEMANY ( note the GERMANY without R ) or made in china parts . since in insurance claim the bill will show markup figure .

Thanks but still wondering which insurer include BMW service center since premium paid is almost the same

geoffreylee;757470 said:
Can't find any BMW service center in the list
lol of course not in the list la. i wasn't telling about my bmw car. sorry if my post creates confusion.

5 pages and still no pictures?

Upload some la...dont have any aftermath photos?

As long as the BMW bodyshop is licensed by PIAM, they can repair any insured accident cars regardless of which insurer. Does it make sense if insurer don't allow body repair by authorised SC? I know both Ingress and AB Glenmarie has PIAM approval to repair insured accident BMWs.

Correct. They stuck a huge Allianz sticker on my windscreen, the first thing i removed. Second was the AB sticker :tongue:

dark1234;757480 said:
allianz is one , check with SA.

After the toll KL bound? Is that after the Bentong turn off?
That corner is the second left tight curve after the right steep climb right after the toll?

Bro, think your car suffered a weight imbalance when you "threw" it over the crest of the hill. This was what caused Diana's Merc to crash in that tunnel Paris, only that instead of 200km/h speed that her driver lost control from, yours was a combination of wet road, tight corner, slightly faster than safe speed and possibly bad timing of your reaction in the form of steering-brake input.
I know that hill at around 90-100 in the dry, the car feels light. I theorize that near the crest your rear wheels lost grip, and because all four wheels are still rotating at the same speed, because possibly you weren't braking or accelerating at that point, the DSC couldn't detect a problem.

Then your rear comes around and you reacted and possibly jammed on the brakes or there was oil on the road. Either way, there was something at this point that made the spin worse and beyond the reach of what the DSC could recover from. Your front wheels were weighed down by both the engine and you and had the grip, but there was no one else in the car weighing down your rear which was flying in the air and swinging around you like a Porsche 911. And you were on the downhill slope, which was the final nail.

Game-R;757632 said:
After the toll KL bound? Is that after the Bentong turn off?
That corner is the second left tight curve after the right steep climb right after the toll?

Bro, think your car suffered a weight imbalance when you "threw" it over the crest of the hill. This was what caused Diana's Merc to crash in that tunnel Paris, only that instead of 200km/h speed that her driver lost control from, yours was a combination of wet road, tight corner, slightly faster than safe speed and possibly bad timing of your reaction in the form of steering-brake input.
I know that hill at around 90-100 in the dry, the car feels light. I theorize that near the crest your rear wheels lost grip, and because all four wheels are still rotating at the same speed, because possibly you weren't braking or accelerating at that point, the DSC couldn't detect a problem.

Then your rear comes around and you reacted and possibly jammed on the brakes or there was oil on the road. Either way, there was something at this point that made the spin worse and beyond the reach of what the DSC could recover from. Your front wheels were weighed down by both the engine and you and had the grip, but there was no one else in the car weighing down your rear which was flying in the air and swinging around you like a Porsche 911. And you were on the downhill slope, which was the final nail.

Crash Scene Investigator ... CSI Malaysia!

astroboy;757512 said:
As long as the BMW bodyshop is licensed by PIAM, they can repair any insured accident cars regardless of which insurer. Does it make sense if insurer don't allow body repair by authorised SC? I know both Ingress and AB Glenmarie has PIAM approval to repair insured accident BMWs.

Nope it must be under their panel for 0 money else no or u can pay cash first then reimburse from insurance under claim

actually i can say that the tow truck guy didn't spill the oil on the road. it might be one of us,lorry, bus driver or any vehicle owner who didn't take care about the leakages from the engine bay. don't we realize that most bends in Malaysia will be a bit darker? or any uneven road as well? the oil will spill mostly at corner and at bumpy road. think about it :)

Top Bottom