Is this serious for a 21 months old car?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

astroboy

:( mileage 26k km.
leak01.jpg
leak02.jpg
So should I be happy because still got warranty? consider lucky? :eek: :smokin:

oil seals failure.. I thot i read a thread somewhere on this issue on this forum before...

Looks like a valve cover leakage to me.

Will go to Ingress first thing in the morning for them to inspect. Lucky some of us are on "public" holiday tomorrow.

Got similar complain elsewhere meh? Common E90 problems are rain channel noise, steering lock error, cam sensor fault, central lock fuse blow, replace central locks, upholstery peeling, and maybe a few others.. :p

0w-30 belum masuk la, still on SC Syntium LL 5w-30, 1st "official" oil change 3k km ago at 23k km. :D

Spaceman, I hope not rat urine.. :p

Looks like engine gasket seal leakage. There might be a crack with your engine cover somewhere especially where your black plastic engine cover meets the rubber gasket. This is possibly due to the nut being overtightened. By the way, how come your engine appeared to be so short? What kind of lense did you use?

Yep, Ingress is out of the Selangor border, right hand side of LDP, Tmn Tun region which is in Wilayah.. They open today and my E90 has already check-in for a full inspection.

Engine crack?! Don't think so la. Engine blown? Very unlikely la. Hope can get the car back today.. :(

Samantha the leng lui sent me home.. ;)

Lense? Its my new idiot proof Lumix camera.. :p The 2nd shot was taken in iAuto mode, Macro with Flash, I quite like the result, u couldn't get an SLR camera into a tight spot like that.. :D

funfer_fahrer;452531 said:
Looks like engine gasket seal leakage. There might be a crack with your engine cover somewhere especially where your black plastic engine cover meets the rubber gasket. This is possibly due to the nut being overtightened. By the way, how come your engine appeared to be so short? What kind of lense did you use?

astroboy;452554 said:
Lense? Its my new idiot proof Lumix camera.. :p The 2nd shot was taken in iAuto mode, Macro with Flash, I quite like the result, u couldn't get an SLR camera into a tight spot like that.. :D

what he meant was the 4 pots engine....:rolleyes:

cabuzzz

The E90/E91 318i is using the same N46 but its a N46B18, same 4-cylinder block. The engine was developed in 2004, so pre-2004 E46 is using N42 (predecessor of N46) and that's the one which is reputated for building sludge.. :eek: :D

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_N46

astroboy;452434 said:
:( mileage 26k km.
]

So should I be happy because still got warranty? consider lucky? :eek: :smokin:

Alamak, BMW so teruk. Now I am scared to own a BMW. Better revert to Honda.:rolleyes:

etquah;452572 said:
Alamak, BMW so teruk. Now I am scared to own a BMW. Better revert to Honda.:rolleyes:

..can help check my car too?? cos i have never open the bonnet his shirt before :p

etquah;452572 said:

i agree too, buy Toyotas also pretty reliable la..:top: who wanna buy new Camry ya...mari mari..

Top Bottom