Is this an e38 750iL?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
initialM;547630 said:
I bet that time he was horny too. Thats why very fast cannot tahan redy:burnout:

Haha, horny at 4am in the morning or bad case of ----> :toilet:

:aetsch:

isn't the "standard" time for kl ipoh is 2 hours? hmmm i have a fast car but still takes forever to reach ipoh.. dammit..

anyway, the v12 is nice for bragging rights and the full spec options,but is it really as fast as it sounds?
take a look of this vid 740 vs 750. in the end one of them release the throttle so it's basically dead even...
[youtube]svFwLEFB0-M[/youtube]

not to mention the v8 sound is better than the v12... no thanks but i'll take 740i sport with 18"

sound comparison
750:
[youtube]abfevkU65KU[/youtube]

740(4.0):
[youtube]k-BYS2By4OA[/youtube]

i know for sure the V8s are more aggresive than V12.. and the 8pots are defintely faster.. even on my E32, the 740iL, Hit the throttle and IT SCREAMS!!! and not to mention the 6700 redline makes it much more fun.

But for the V12 5.4L on E38, its torquey.. but not as raw as M60B40. Much more refined. when i want a good cruise.. then i wiil take this one.. when i am in a hurry for work.. and knowing may be driving into some dirt.. i will take the 32.

Regards

Alan

phas3r;547875 said:
isn't the "standard" time for kl ipoh is 2 hours? hmmm i have a fast car but still takes forever to reach ipoh.. dammit..

anyway, the v12 is nice for bragging rights and the full spec options,but is it really as fast as it sounds?
take a look of this vid 740 vs 750. in the end one of them release the throttle so it's basically dead even...
[youtube]svFwLEFB0-M[/youtube]

not to mention the v8 sound is better than the v12... no thanks but i'll take 740i sport with 18"

sound comparison
750:
[youtube]abfevkU65KU[/youtube]

740(4.0):
[youtube]k-BYS2By4OA[/youtube]

Thanks for the vids Phas3r bro. Guess many factors come into play for a sub 1 hour time to have been attained for that route. Traffic, road conditions, and of course, BALLS. :D

Hahaha. Anyways, like Vincent mentioned, a 728i would probably be suffice for highway cruising. :cool:

alantiong;547949 said:
i know for sure the V8s are more aggresive than V12.. and the 8pots are defintely faster.. even on my E32, the 740iL, Hit the throttle and IT SCREAMS!!! and not to mention the 6700 redline makes it much more fun.

But for the V12 5.4L on E38, its torquey.. but not as raw as M60B40. Much more refined. when i want a good cruise.. then i wiil take this one.. when i am in a hurry for work.. and knowing may be driving into some dirt.. i will take the 32.

Regards

Alan

Thanks for the lowdown Alan. Must be pretty amazing to own both powerful versions of the 7. :top:

I'm very happy with my E32 though, despite it's lack of breath and pace at certain times. :D

initialM;547339 said:
:eek::eek::eek: bole muntah darah if nak full overhaul:cool:

why do you need to overhaul it? a properly maintained bmw engine can last 1 million miles. of course the accessories and the under carriage need to be changed. The gearbox must has been serviced regularly to prolong the life. A/T i'm not sure can last 1 mill miles but for manual yes. I've read an A/T model has endoured more than 250k miles with no major problems. Anyway I doubt any 750 was abuse by the owner. My late father's toyota ke is now doing 300k ++ with ori engine and internal. pagi2 siap kuar air lg ikut eksos. IMHO a properly maintained engine does not need full rebuild. Top maybe.

Saja Gatal nak overhaul.. LOL

thats exactly what i did with my V8.. one cylinder is losing 12% compression.. honestly, nothing much felt on the throttle, but itchy lah.. and worst part is i already have another M60 half cut ready to go in. In the end still want to port & polish the head.. skimmed the head (and now regret a bit) . the higher compression causes a slight rumbles at 800 to 1500rpm as if misfire.. but checked the sparks, new coils and still the same. almost want to cry until i visited the V8 boys in australia then i realised all of them had rough idle at the same range. so.. cannot be undone.. sigh.. but top end power is nothing less than my V12. Infact the mid range to 6500rpm is scary. roars like a M.

alantiong;555038 said:

thats exactly what i did with my V8.. one cylinder is losing 12% compression.. honestly, nothing much felt on the throttle, but itchy lah.. and worst part is i already have another M60 half cut ready to go in. In the end still want to port & polish the head.. skimmed the head (and now regret a bit) . the higher compression causes a slight rumbles at 800 to 1500rpm as if misfire.. but checked the sparks, new coils and still the same. almost want to cry until i visited the V8 boys in australia then i realised all of them had rough idle at the same range. so.. cannot be undone.. sigh.. but top end power is nothing less than my V12. Infact the mid range to 6500rpm is scary. roars like a M.

Wow, 'roars like an M'. I was only interested in that line. :D

Awesome. Would be really awesome and spine-tingling then to hear your car rumble. :top:

alantiong;555038 said:

If it is the higher compression that is the cause of the rumble, might not a thicker head gasket help?

Just test fren E38 740il for citydrive. The car was on 22" rim lowered wt eibach.
Very comfort & steering quite light even lighter than my 328. 7 series is really in its own class:top:

alantiong;555038 said:

hehehehe ni kes byk duit nak buang la ni...:biggrin: after u put in new internal parts the CR should goes back to normal. But after u skimmed it, the CR will goes up. How high depends on the thickness. IMHO, the slight rumbles that u are experincing can be easily cured by adjusting the AFR and crank timing. A reflash by someone that has the capability say, the singaporean guy that the many forummer have gone to, not only can rectify the problem but will normally result in increase in power, smoother power delivery plus slight fuel effeiciency. That rumbles of yours might be the pinking, slight but still not good for long term. Your rings will not last a long time, not another 500,000km la anyway.

E28driver;555243 said:
If it is the higher compression that is the cause of the rumble, might not a thicker head gasket help?

Yup it may help. but u will lose overall power as well. Only by reflash or other management can properly sort out the problem.

eggie.. please tell me where is it.. i would like to have a go at it... bro.. sms me yah. 012-7177082

alantiong;588935 said:
eggie.. please tell me where is it.. i would like to have a go at it... bro.. sms me yah. 012-7177082

SMS sent bro. :top:

Top Bottom