Is N52 engine not reliable or just myth??

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Duke1316

Dear all sifu,

I'm going almost to secure an E60 soon but unfortunately I heard a lot of opinions about N52 is not reliable..most of them saying M engine is better than N..is this truth or just myth?

Regards...

I had a N52 for 4 and a half years. Breakdown once due to water pump. Besides that has been very reliable.

The N52 uses the elec water pump which breaks at about 100k kms and after maybe 6 years of usage.Pump is around rm 1200.
The N52 also uses the valvetronic technology.Read up on it.Also got reports of eng oil consumption.
The M54 was carried over from the e39,so it is tried and proven.My M54B25 does not consume oil tho it has done 103k miles....

The N52 is more powerful....

Thanks for the sharing bro Fadlan and Moots. Seems like it just depends on the luck and how the owner taking care the car...unfortunately I fall in love with E60 LCI thus that is the risk that I should take up...btw what should I do at the beginning if I decided to purchase the car that already 7 years old?

Thanks bro Unos for the link..gone through your thread and learned something from ur..btw heard that N52 have 2 batches, one with silver engine cover n the another one is black cover..black cover is more reliable than silver...damn so confusing and need more knowledge about this bimmer

If I'm not wrong, if LCI version is black cover. Mine also 07 LCI UK spec

Hello Duke

Mine was also E60 Lci year 2009 black covered engine. No problems. Just regular servicing and preventive maintenance. Get a reliable mechanic.

Thanks for the advise brother Amos n beemerback...last preparation: Any good mechanic to introduce in Mainland so that I can get their service to inspect the car n for future maintenance services?

Top Bottom