I think of buying a BMW...what is your opinion?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Beg your pardon bro but i believe it all depends on how the owners, be it current or previous, take care of the car. You cant simply say e60 is less problematic than e90 or e46, or 2.5 has less problem compared to 2.0, as most of the time, these people are the ones who has never handled a BMW, and its always "oh i heard this and this......" kind of thing. Accept the fact that each has its own issues, and i believe almost all the issues are addressed in this forum. Would advise you to read thru the sub-forum so that you know what you are getting yourself into.

In you case, which do you want? Which suits you? Whats your budget as this would help. If you ask a generally, most kakis in here would go for higher cc...... all the best!

That is the reason why i join this forum and doing a survey.. i understand every car has its own issue but there are also some common issue faced by most of the ppl out there.. if 1 ppl told me, maybe he is unlucky, but most of the ppl told me not to go for 320, mainly some oil leakage issue.. so just to be safe..

gc3000;785165 said:
Bro,

So i assume the 2.5L engine will be less prob compare to 2.0 right?

Got a mechanic (and also many ppl) told me that E60 is less prob compare to 3 series...

Later generation e60 and e90 2.5L all using the same N52B25 magnesium engine, same ZF 6HP19 gearbox. Unless your mech is refering to 10 years old e60 525i which is still using the old school M54B25 aluminum block engine which is 10% less power, 5% less fuel efficient. If you want to go along that path, might as well get an E34 or E30, confirm less problem. :4:

Look at it this way, e90 is old school compare to F30.. so how old school you want to be? :4:

old_school.jpg

haha bro, generally what he meant was the normal 2.0 engine will have more prob compare to the 2.5..

my budget is around 120k-130k.. F30 out of budget, and i prefer the old school e90 design.. lol..

petrol not an issue for me becos company provide Shell card.. only issue is worried of problematic engine such as those oil leakage, gearbox issue..

went through some website saw that some 325 (2006/07) n 525 (04/05) also around that range...

Top Bottom