I think of buying a BMW...what is your opinion?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
and you need to have the luxury of time to send in and out of workshop (save aside the financial to pay for the bill), and bear with threat that it may break down in the middle of the road, sometimes with no prior warning signal.

Dear Cosmo Artemis,

I would encourage you to make the leap into owning a BMW. Its a great car depending on the model you decide to purchase.

I started of with an E30 and over the years to E36 / E46 and now my next leap will be the E90. I quote one of our member comments "Commit First, Money Will Come", this has been true as owning a BMW helped me grow up.

However, may i suggest that you consider a much never model as opposed to something older (no offence to classic riders in the forum). Do expect to see a 1:3 ration in terms of cost from your pre-loved Wira. But spend some time doing your own research on what suits well for you, also i would strongly recommend that prior to purchasing your designated BMW - "Get It Checked Up First" expect to spend some cash on diagnostics and labor costs but it should save you the trouble of not knowing what has gone wrong with the car. Most buyers commit to their purchase by the basic excitement of impulse, and when shit hits the fan afterwards the blame falls on the car.

Myth - Conti are expensive and difficult to maintain vehicle
Fact - Conti's are wonderfully engineered vehicles that comes with a soul and its own character that matches its owner
Expectation - Owning a a conti in "Malaysia" is expensive primarily because of economical and taxation reasons [Proton ! :) ], driving parts price up is the by product of such (therefore the conception of being expensive)

Owning one however gives you a genuine driving experience that in my opinion does not come with any "Japanese Toys". I wish you the best of luck !

Cheers & Regards,

Julian

Selling my E39 - 528i /ckd/full spec. Engine & parts almost new ( hv spent min RM 45K ) / 18" sports rims/ accident free.
Price : RM 54,000 ( negotiable )

"Commit First, Money Will Come" ... if money no come, 4th schedule come then re-possessor come also. Hehehehehee ... just kidding!

tIANcI;767745 said:
"Commit First, Money Will Come" ... if money no come, 4th schedule come then re-possessor come also. Hehehehehee ... just kidding!

In fact, after 2months and 10days repossession notice issued, by then vehicle can be repossess anytime

To own a UDM, best if buy from direct owner and know its history c/w maintenance records.

My first UDM - E39 520i - purchased from car dealer was quite a lemon, initial bill 10k+, but peace of mind later, well at least for the next 2 years...after that it's a different story.

I could say ownship of this 520i changed my life...but that's another story!

In chinese we believe get marry first then your career slowly become stable, if wait till your career stable first, then your girlsure run away or already become other mrs :wink:...bear in mind, always get a good condition car

Thank you very much folks. Those were agreeable facts especially on driving pleasure.

All sorts of pleasures in this world. Some we can afford to enjoy; others we need to wait till we can.

I just got my E46, I brought it over from my bro in law. At 1st I saw him drive the car without any problem but after handover to my hand problem start coming. Mayb is bcoz the car oledi 7yrs old, wear and tear part starting to change. I just done the water pump and few more items n service, it oledi coz me 1300.

But wat I can said it the driving experience is damn nice compare to Wira, and it help me to earn more base on reputation as wat I can feel it wit immediate effect.... Like wat other forum member said "commit first, money will come"

Good buy,

Congrats on your new ride!! Look forward to see the images of your ride at the showroom section soon

wsonny;769923 said:
I just got my E46, I brought it over from my bro in law. At 1st I saw him drive the car without any problem but after handover to my hand problem start coming. Mayb is bcoz the car oledi 7yrs old, wear and tear part starting to change. I just done the water pump and few more items n service, it oledi coz me 1300.

But wat I can said it the driving experience is damn nice compare to Wira, and it help me to earn more base on reputation as wat I can feel it wit immediate effect.... Like wat other forum member said "commit first, money will come"

Good buy,

Guys,
What / Where are the quick points to look at when you're inspecting a used car?
1) Engine bay - which area?
2) interior?
3)body work - scratches, dents, tell tale of previous accidents.

Car model E46 , 2004, 325i.

Just in case i wont be able to bring my mechanic to inspect the car for me. Thanks

Hi all,

I'm new here.

Im currently with a 2007 civic and planning to change. What I have in mind is either BMW or VW golf.

Personally every guy would like to have a BMW, but heard many ppl said that the E90 especially the 2.0 is very problematic and is not encouraging to go for this car.. they said the E60 is a better option and less problems.

Im still considering.. please advise..

Many thanks.

E90 325 is coming to 120k so that a good buy otherwise go for e60 530d which is around 100k

If u r a need for speed fan, go for E46 330 ci ! Add ESS and u b smiling every day RM60-70k (50k) cheaper

Bro,

So i assume the 2.5L engine will be less prob compare to 2.0 right?

Got a mechanic (and also many ppl) told me that E60 is less prob compare to 3 series...

Top Bottom