I got scammed - Maybank Online [phishing]

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
ICEMAN 13;359950 said:
dude that's strange ... without the TAG number how to proceed for transfer ...the scamer needs this number right ? and it was on your GF phone .... strange !!

Because she used that TAC sent to her phone for so-called register process for the new anti scam server.

I SUSPECT this is all done is a Synchronizing way. What you see is not what you see..
You maybe keying in TAC for this register process, but behind that the hacker is making it in a way that its actually doing a transfer process.

Really sorry to hear about your gf's misfortune!

I hope that the bank will sort out all of the amount she lost as soon as possible.

Anyway, good luck and thanks for sharing this important piece of information.

ICEMAN 13;359950 said:
dude that's strange ... without the TAG number how to proceed for transfer ...the scamer needs this number right ? and it was on your GF phone .... strange !!
i am also very curious on this part how the scammer manage to pull it off. i will always double check the address making sure its maybank2u.com.my and not .net or any missing alphabate, just to be safe

Very sorry to hear about this bro, hope you'll manage to settle the problem asap. I usually filled up my maybank account just enough to pay the bills. The rest will stay in an account without any online facilities.

Mouse;360038 said:
i am also very curious on this part how the scammer manage to pull it off. i will always double check the address making sure its maybank2u.com.my and not .net or any missing alphabate, just to be safe

It is actually quite simple. you go to bogus web site and they ask you to update your info.

Ask you to change your password to new password. However to change to new password, you need to
key in old password for confirmation. :stupid:

After you disclose your password, you basically allowed them to access your account. So with your password and personal detail, they can call up the bank and say that your handphone number is changed and ask them to update it. :stupid:

I have a set of username & password for these bogus websites and visit them when I've got nothing else todo:

username: fukov
password: sonovovich

:)

hah... the programs are written by Human, so it's easy to be broken by Human.. Machine are not perfect..

i do the old way, by queuing up...

sorry to hear about it, but my wife was also duped before... but manage to recover it..

Nothing till now.. Im trying to get some help in writting an official complaint to BNM...

Snoop, thanks for the valuable info... I have sent her an email to verify things, looking forward to a reply.

Will keep you guys posted...

jarance;360117 said:
It is actually quite simple. you go to bogus web site and they ask you to update your info.

Ask you to change your password to new password. However to change to new password, you need to
key in old password for confirmation. :stupid:

After you disclose your password, you basically allowed them to access your account. So with your password and personal detail, they can call up the bank and say that your handphone number is changed and ask them to update it. :stupid:

You can only change the registered phone number at ATMs. Not sure if you can call in to change the number but if I'm not mistaken there isn't an option to change the registered number online via m2u.

sorry to hear this bro...

anyways, dun let up pressure on the coppers..keep harassing them for updates, dun give them time to slag off and let things simmer down... its their job..make them accountable on wat their doing about it....

write to the papers... post it on the consumer forums http://www.consumer.com.my/message/index.php?itemid=1226

its evident from the above forum, Maybank customers have been hit before... same scam..Pls read Sach..

and finally close ur bleedin account with this bank... as it is they have a half assed service... i'll never own an account with them... already had lousy experiences with them... more like some semi gomen establishment... and they work as such too..all in slow mo... my opinion... doubt thats argueable

blackrobe;360518 said:
and finally close ur bleedin account with this bank... as it is they have a half assed service... i'll never own an account with them... already had lousy experiences with them... more like some semi gomen establishment... and they work as such too..all in slow mo... my opinion... doubt thats argueable

Different branches has different efficiency but Maybank certainly has the worst & slowest Online service.
On peak hour the pages just won't load until you feel like closing the bloody account.

Hong Leong is fast, Public is good, HSBC is good too.

Very sorry to hear this Sach....i have closed my acc with Maybank few months back since i have no longer confident on their services..(heard so many fraud websites and missing $)...I heard Citibank is doing good on its online banking stuffs...

hope the money will be reimbursed soon..

sach, suggest you approach the media and get some coverage and exposure on this. banks are very afraid of bad publicity. this will surely get their ass moving...!

thanks guys, and thanks Blackrobe, im gonna log a complaint there too...

still no news from bank or cops...

i need maybank email address to make a complaint,can anyone help with the correct channel??

thanks...

Top Bottom