Gull Wing E30 Baur Convertible

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

ichiwan2

Club Guest
Baur%20Gull%20Wing.jpg
Baur%20Gull%20Wing%20rear.jpg

Actually don't mind it, but if i wanted to do it...would probably prefer the doors to open like the lambos...hehehe

I'm thinking of doing it for my E36 but not gull wing but rather vertical like lamborghinis. I've seen the construction of the hinges but when you close the door or open them..the doors 'shake' in the middle of the movement as if it's not stable or something like that. LSD Door from Germany does the hinges, no modification necessary, only the replacement of the hinges is all that is needed. They cost somewhere around rm9k. The hinges opens your doors like normal doors but up to 30degrees and then fold up and forward.

Oi! Musclehedz.....
Now I cannot sleep....dreaming of my convertible with scissor doors....tasty!!

then u hv to carry ya own parking space to work as u cant get out of your car especially in basement car park :yahoo:

Originally posted by ccl68@Jun 16 2005, 12:12 AM
Oi! Musclehedz.....
Now I cannot sleep....dreaming of my convertible with scissor doors....tasty!!
Yes, it's very nice. My colik over in jedah has done his e36 coupe. It's very nice but like I said, when the door is open or 1/2way, the door sorts of like shake/vibrate as if the hinges are not solid, probably the flexing is from the door or the hinge panels themselves as our door are not built/meant to be open like lambos which I'm sure their doors are built differently. I've also personally experience my US colik's diablo and the door sure doesn't 'shake' like the LSD Door mod. But this LSD door has something unique, it doesn't just open vertically straight up, it opens at an angle so once opened up, from front view, it looks like a real bird wing opened up.

And oh yeah, LSD do have the hinge design for E36 and E46.

here... for you drool on some more.. I'm seriously thinking about it already but the problem is mine is 4 door and it will look idiotly stupid with 2 front vertical doors.

Originally posted by skar19@Jun 16 2005, 01:40 AM
damn man lambo doors would rock, i heard its quite pricey here?
There is someone doing this kind of door hinges but it's not the original. Those start from 1.8k onwards. LSD Door cost around rm9k. LSD's hinge construction, material and the dampers are far more superior and they come with warranty.

I've seen a waja converted using the el-cheapo version here. And one more thing, it's not JPJ nor SIRIM approved. LSD is TUV approved. So as for the el-cheapo version quality, go figure....

Originally posted by skinhead@Jun 16 2005, 08:36 AM
then u hv to carry ya own parking space to work as u cant get out of your car especially in basement car park :yahoo:
not necessary. LSD doors opens like normal door 30 degrees then only fold up. At 30 degrees opend horizontally, u still can go in and out.

Musclehedz,
I agree with you. The 2 doors of the coupe/convertibles are ot meant to function in that manner. I assume that LSD has already considered it when designing those hinges.
Man.....really......THEY LOOK GOOD man....but may not be so appropriate is have to park at multistorey or basements....

Originally posted by ccl68@Jun 16 2005, 11:54 AM
Musclehedz,
I agree with you. The 2 doors of the coupe/convertibles are ot meant to function in that manner. I assume that LSD has already considered it when designing those hinges.
Man.....really......THEY LOOK GOOD man....but may not be so appropriate is have to park at multistorey or basements....
Ya, i guess LSD has considered that factor but I still find it a bit not 'nice' when the door shakes like that. It gives an impression of a lousy door construction even though it may be solid. Eh, multistorey or basement no problem la..the doors open like normal up to 30 degrees than only fold up...so u got a 2 in 1 kind of door..open 30 degrees like normal u still can get in and out no problem unless your waist is like 50" la.

Oi! Waist not 50"...yet...but getting there... :p

IS there an agent here? Or Sg?

Would be really funny to fit on my car....as mine is stock standard, got not body kit or bling-bling rims....

Can just imagine the stares when parking at open mamaks etc.... :D

Originally posted by ccl68@Jun 16 2005, 12:05 PM

Would be really funny to fit on my car....as mine is stock standard, got not body kit or bling-bling rims....

LSD dealer here don't have. SIN yet to know as I'm also looking for one.

Wooi, it would be cool on your car man...not funny...it will be very nice..especially when your top is open. Now I wonder why I did not get a coupe instead. damn.

Having an LSD door is more striking than bling bling la. Anyway, FYI, the hinges are bling bling :D hehe

Originally posted by ccl68@Jun 16 2005, 12:05 PM

aiya....dun be so vain la. door is real bling bling when opened but when raining all the water pours into your car..... :D :D :D

Yet again, it is ideal for any 2 door cars as their doors tend to be longer then sedans. SO it is easier for front & rear passengers to exit when parking is tight.....
Tempting, tempting...... :nyehehe:

Originally posted by ccl68@Jun 16 2005, 12:34 PM
Yet again, it is ideal for any 2 door cars as their doors tend to be longer then sedans. SO it is easier for front & rear passengers to exit when parking is tight.....
Want to exchange cars??

Originally posted by ccl68@Jun 16 2005, 12:34 PM
Eh, cannot...the doors need to be opened horizontally 30 degrees out first before it can be lifted forward and upwards..is doesnt open straight up like lambo doors. So in a very tight space..sorry la...u won't be able to lift it up.

Top Bottom