Group buy: MID & instrument cluster ribbon / ring / bulb

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
AsusEpoxy;730934 said:
can't find anyone in Singapore who can help on this :(

You still have an E39/E46/E53?

Very last few still exists in SG then...

haywire;730955 said:
You still have an E39/E46/E53?

Very last few still exists in SG then...

yes...due to the COE system, E39 is very rare in sg liao.
here's a pic of mine. :)
IMG_0730.jpg

Very nice...when does your COE expires? Can still afford/makes sense to renew?

haywire;730967 said:
Very nice...when does your COE expires? Can still afford/makes sense to renew?
mine expires 2019. Current COE is SGD $70k ++ , makes no sense to renew anymore.
E39 was in production in 96-03. This means that 2006-2009 E39s were in a gd position to renew. COE went sky hard starting from 2009, which means all the LCI E39s are sent to the scrapyard after 10 years.... very sad.... :(

AsusEpoxy, here is the map. Better still, if u have GPS device. Let me know if u want me to welcum u.

Anyone have the MMZ coordinate?

Map from Haywire:

6618820155_c32dd52433_b.jpg

Map from Jarance:

maptoMMZ-Copy.jpg

I wish I could join and assist you guys but this Saturday I'm going back to Ipoh to bring back another "baby"....exited !

haywire;730932 said:
It is near Shah Alam/Bukit Jelutong to be exact. Wow, seriously coming from Singapore for this?

yes bro, sometimes the UDM is a passion that only people in the circle will understand...the desire to make it better , lol
may i have your contact?

Sorry guys won't be able to make it to MMZ TT this afternoon due to personal commitment.

Attendance: haywire the sifu, nitedevil, sewell, theblackbeast, jaar, wans, mtigo, faris, kaniz, Yazmeen, Asusepoxy!

Okay just done all of them.

Total 4 cluster repaired, 98-100% pixel success. Given more time would probably get more success.

Maybe need another session for harbhajan, mtigo and fariz. Maybe need appointment one by one to save you waiting.

Oh by the way I'm still in MMZ with bro Jaar, having nice sup ekor hehehe

haywire;731628 said:
Okay just done all of them.

Total 4 cluster repaired, 98-100% pixel success. Given more time would probably get more success.

Maybe need another session for harbhajan, mtigo and fariz. Maybe need appointment one by one to save you waiting.

You done a great job bro...wa caya sama lu..

haywire;731629 said:
Oh by the way I'm still in MMZ with bro Jaar, having nice sup ekor hehehe
I need your help too bro...too bad couldn't make it today.

Just got home.

After giving it some thought, I think DIY sessions does not really work. Due to the delicacy of the work required to achieve the perfect result, this is really not a normal DIY, need somebody who knows what they are doing. In the end I had to do all the clusters today, although bro AsusEpoxy, Sewell, nitedevil and jaar does help with some bits.

A word of warning: DO NOT let your mechanic who normally deals with your engine do this work if they have never done this before. We had quite a shocking experience with the work done to bro Jaar's cluster by his mechanic. Lucky that we were able to salvage whats left of it with 98% pixel success.

After doing 4 clusters today, I think I'm confident to do the next ones with 99-100% success rate. Time taken should also be less (roughly 1 and a half hour each or less) since I remembered now what I'm doing. Its been more than 2 years since i did mine.

Top Bottom