Group buy: MID & instrument cluster ribbon / ring / bulb

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Yes sure, let me gather the name here and discus with haywire.

Group install - (MMZ 7 April 2012 - afternoon)

1. seewai - tentative 50/50
2. jaar - going?
3. harbhajan - going?
4. lithium2 - going?

Who else?

seewai;729575 said:

2. jaar - going?
3. harbhajan - going?
4. lithium2 - going?

Who else?

haywire....are you sure MMZ is a good location for "clinic/DIY". Since this is delicate job, you need a calm environment with proper table to work on it. If MMZ, hujan susah.

Anyone can recommend a better place?

Im OK with any location if anyone suggests it. Not too familiar with locations in KL so if anybody got a better location please advise.

If want to do in MMZ, then make it 2 or 3pm before the restaurant crowded with ppl.

Or whose house have a big space that can provide us to do?

I am not a very 'handy' of 'diy' kind of person. Anyone I can pay and get the job done?. Though I do not want to pay RM500 for labour.

2. jaar - going?
3. harbhajan - going?
4. lithium2 - going?
5. Mtigo

Who else?

MMZ TT

7 April 2012 Sat 3pm

Group install

1. seewai
2. jaar
3. harbhajan
4. lithium2
5. Mtigo
6. bmw7833
7. nitedevil

Welcum other members to join the TT as well.

big bro's where is this MMZ? this weekend is Easter not sure if I would be able to make it at 3pm......surely it will take a few hours to finish for everyone.

Map from Haywire:

6618820155_c32dd52433_b.jpg

Map from Jarance:

maptoMMZ-Copy.jpg

oooooo......this is MMZ - I might have been there a couple of times with a friend. Ok will meet you there to collect the stuffs, but DIY session not sure.

I have only done the instrument cluster, have not done the MID because my car does not have it.

Can probably try if given the chance.

Ok tools required for Saturday:

Drill with size 6 bit

Long nose plier (in lieu of the 'nippers' in the photo below)

Small torx set (only need 1 but I'm not sure what size)

Small flat screwdriver (precision set)

Big flat screwdriver

Flat plastic end (a plastic ruler would do, this is to scratch off the residue of the old ribbon on the board)

I have all these tools already in my car, so those who dont have it can probably borrow mine. But come on, go and buy the precision screwdriver set at least which have the small flat screwdriver and the small torx! hehe

6900623938_150e1d9792_z.jpg

I will bring the tools and mine is only the instrument cluster.

You do not have the mid bcos of your dvd gps player?.

haywire;730792 said:
I have only done the instrument cluster, have not done the MID because my car does not have it.

Can probably try if given the chance.

this MMZ is near KL? i would like to join in... my instrument cluster has lcd dead spots. Bought the ribbon long ago, but dunno how to install myself....any bros any advise the travelling from Singapore to there? better still, any bros going there from singapore?

AsusEpoxy;730880 said:
this MMZ is near KL? i would like to join in... my instrument cluster has lcd dead spots. Bought the ribbon long ago, but dunno how to install myself....any bros any advise the travelling from Singapore to there? better still, any bros going there from singapore?

It is near Shah Alam/Bukit Jelutong to be exact. Wow, seriously coming from Singapore for this?

haywire;730932 said:
It is near Shah Alam/Bukit Jelutong to be exact. Wow, seriously coming from Singapore for this?
can't find anyone in Singapore who can help on this :(

Top Bottom