Instrument cluster speedometer missing pixel repair & install speedometer ring

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Let me sort out the price then i will open a new thread for the gb. Stay tune guy.

Bro sifu haywire experience enough to conduct a clinic. But guys, be prepared to spend 3 - 4 hours of your time. Must be patient. Drilling part (must do it with right tool) can be scary. Aligning the ribbon require lots of patient. Try and error. End of the day is satisfaction when you see all the pixel back to life. Our recent project is on E53 X5.

zidee;702272 said:
Bro sifu haywire experience enough to conduct a clinic. But guys, be prepared to spend 3 - 4 hours of your time. Must be patient. Drilling part (must do it with right tool) can be scary. Aligning the ribbon require lots of patient. Try and error. End of the day is satisfaction when you see all the pixel back to life. Our recent project is on E53 X5.

The new set comes with new instructions, slightly different than when I did it for my E39 nearly 2 years ago (just realised I owned my car close to 2 years already).

The new instructions is better and 'easier' than when I did it first time. Maybe bro Zidee can scan the instructions and show you guys what work is involved in repairing the ribbon cable.

Its roughly like this, just slightly different towards the end of the process:

http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?33080-BMW-E39-530i-M-Sport-Individual-Aegean-Blue-Edition-2003&p=505868&viewfull=1#post505868

Just a note. Those guys with failing MID display can buy the replacement ribbon cable from the same seller too. Might just do one shot MID panel too?

Top Bottom