Go Karting Escapades

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Gamenoob ... Remember as long as you are a CG, it's to ensure you do not feel that you are a club member. That is the reason why called CG ok. So you dun be delusional that you belong to the club. Funny thing is we are here attending to a forum and not even talking about club issues. Very funny la ...

er..?! it defeat the purpose now. *bummer* I was abt to suggest something crazy for fellow forumers. *sigh* Apasal tarak habis main politic lagi ka. *aiyooooooyoooooo slap forehead*

Zoggee;802053 said:
er..?! it defeat the purpose now. *bummer* I was abt to suggest something crazy for fellow forumers. *sigh* Apasal tarak habis main politic lagi ka. *aiyooooooyoooooo slap forehead*

Aiyoooo ... Such is life Zoggee. All games only

Pics from my camera ... Beautiful day spent among friends with the same interest and passion. Thanks Gamenoob for organising the event :top: Hope to see more karting activities organised by you!

Part 1

SAM_2333.jpg

SAM_2332.jpg

SAM_2330.jpg

SAM_2329.jpg

SAM_2328.jpg

SAM_2327.jpg

SAM_2326.jpg

SAM_2325.jpg

SAM_2324.jpg

SAM_2323.jpg

SAM_2322.jpg

SAM_2321.jpg

SAM_2320.jpg

SAM_2319.jpg

SAM_2318.jpg

SAM_2317.jpg

SAM_2316.jpg

SAM_2315.jpg

SAM_2314.jpg

SAM_2313.jpg

SAM_2312.jpg

SAM_2311.jpg

A kid had an unfortunate accidents and hit the tyre barrier. Thank god that one of us is a doctor :4: Am so proud to see Doc Rattlesnake (and also the champion for group B karting) attending to the kid immediately. Good job doc!!! :top:

SAM_2387.jpg

SAM_2386.jpg

SAM_2385.jpg

SAM_2384.jpg

SAM_2383.jpg

SAM_2382.jpg

SAM_2380.jpg

SAM_2379.jpg

SAM_2378.jpg

SAM_2376.jpg

SAM_2374.jpg

SAM_2373.jpg

SAM_2372.jpg

SAM_2371.jpg

SAM_2370.jpg

SAM_2369.jpg

SAM_2363.jpg

SAM_2362.jpg

SAM_2361.jpg

SAM_2360.jpg

You need to be fit and quick minded behind the wheels ... Time to hit the gym lol :4:

Nice pictures Beemer. Thanks......Saw a few funny ones, but i guess i better retrain myself from making funny jokes about it....

Iceman ... People like Ivan n Zoggee we 'disqualify' la as they too qualified. For Group 1 hero is Slyder. Group 2 ....... Its Andrew!!!!

Sharing is caring :listen::listen::biggrin:

14 tips to win at go kart race

1. Scope out the scene. Before you hop into your kart out of pure excitement, take 10 minutes to look at others ride through the course. See who’s doing the best and what they’re doing right. See if you can’t already start to develop a strategy of how you can win.

2. Losing grip in the front. When the kart seems to push like it’s losing its front end, let go of the gas for a bit until the front tires get more traction. This will allow you to continually catch your apex (which we’ll discuss) and stay in the inside groove, where you need to be.

3. Do your braking in a straight line. This will keep the back end of the kart from stepping out or getting sideways. If the car is getting sideways it will getting friction with the tires and it will rob you of the momentum.

4. Avoid making contact with the barriers. Any contact will only knock off your speed and someone will pass you.

5. Keeping momentum. With corners that require you to slow down, you want to brake early and accelerate through the turn. In most cases, late braking will cause you to miss the apex of the turn. The apex is the point where you transition from entering the turn to exiting the turn.

6. Seat positioning. Get your seatbelt comfortable but tight against your body. Slide the seat as forward as you possibly can while still being comfortable. This will shift more of the weight to the front of the kart, which will allow your front wheels to get more grip.

7. Smoother is better. Be sure to keep your steering accelerating and braking as smooth as possible.

8. Pointing the front wheels. Be sure to always point your front wheels where you want the kart to go. Try, as much as you can, to avoid under-steering or over-steering as this will cause you to skid and lose momentum. Under-steering is where you don’t turn the wheel enough and over-steering is the opposite.

9. The driving line. In most cases you want to drive in big arcs and avoid turning too sharply.

10. Basic cornering
Approach a corner from the outside edge of the track. Brake to slow down and then head, in a straight line, toward the turn. As you come into the corner, aim for the inside edge of the track, known as the apex. You should be aiming for the apex every time you go for a corner.
As you pass the apex you need to aim yourself back to the outside of the track while accelerating out of the turn as early as possible. It looks like this:
apex.jpg

11. Hairpins
With 180 degree hairpin turns you want to set up with a wide entry and then come in within inches of the inside barrier during the apex of the turn before you go wide on the outside of the exit of the turn.
Hairpins are in essence the same as basic cornering except for a few slight differences. You're going to delay your turning in, meaning you're not going to go in such a straight line to the apex. It’s going to be a wide turn. You should also be travelling at a slower speed than with a basic corner. Also, because the turn is so tight, you're going to need to aim for a later apex than with the normal corner, as seen in the image. This allows you to get to the acceleration quicker
hairpin-2.jpg

12. Double Hairpins
With Double Hairpins you need to take apex number one very late in order to aim apex number in a way that you'll end up at the outside of turn two. Looks like this in the image. Don't take to much speed in apex one or you'll be in a bad position for apex two. (green = accelerate, red = brake, yellow = neutral, blue = apex)
double-hairpin.jpg

13. Right-Left or Left-Right Turns (chicanes)
If there are walls, many people just ride right along the sides but you want to be careful because there is a chance of damaging your kart. The key to remember is to treat it like a regular corner and attack the apexes from the outside and be sure to end up on the outside. If there are no walls and you "cheat" the chicane by trying to avoid the braking areas and going outside you'll get a penalty. Also, if you pass someone by "cheating" like that you'll have to give the place back to that person.
chicanes.jpg

14. Double Apex Bends
Treat the first apex like a basic right angle corner. When the second turn comes treat it again like another right turn apex. The difficult part is that you'll be travelling at a higher speed so you need to keep in mind that there's another similar turn right around your first one.
double-apex.jpg

Source:http://www.dealathons.com/cad/blog/2011/08/03/683

i did everything stated in the tips....still clocked no so good time.....so, it was the driver la kot.....hihi....this friday got practice session i heard?

ps: tq OJ

irfan80;802398 said:
i did everything stated in the tips....still clocked no so good time.....so, it was the driver la kot.....hihi....this friday got practice session i heard?

ps: tq OJ

Irfan ... come on la ... you just went a 2-3 times. You go more then your times will tumble la!

tIANcI;802352 said:
Iceman ... People like Ivan n Zoggee we 'disqualify' la as they too qualified. For Group 1 hero is Slyder. Group 2 ....... Its Andrew!!!!
It was the luck of the draw i got a moderately good kart.
Also I was trying to defend the honor of the HSP ;) Sorry i couldnt fight against master Jules ;) I also think i need to lose more weight ;)

Top Bottom