Getting a 3-series

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Spaceman;444697 said:
what a pity that i bought my 325i in 2006, otherwise i only need to pay RM275k + free IDrive, free sport kit, free ....

why not go for E60 at low rate too? This E60 is fully equipped with everything you can think of...if only you can fork out a bit more...kekekeke..poison a bit..

each year bmw introduces new goodies ...the 2009 has enhanced i-drive which imo the nicest of idrive....

glock: what are the additional stuff inside this "enhanced" version compared to a 2008?

racheltoh;444754 said:
glock: what are the additional stuff inside this "enhanced" version compared to a 2008?

its 100% better than the previous model. the gps, graphics, etc. why dont u pay any of the dealer a visit and experience it urself.:top:

racheltoh;444754 said:

Waaah..... you gatal for new model already ah?

glock_8;444780 said:
its 100% better than the previous model. the gps, graphics, etc. why dont u pay any of the dealer a visit and experience it urself.:top:

The 2009 (LCI) version has a HD-based GPS system vs a DVD-based GPS for the pre-LCI. Also you can store MP3s in the onboard HD (but not that big a space - depends on what you define as big). iDrive has more buttons (8 if I am not mistaken). LCD screen has a higher resolution.

Isn't it software driven? because its more on the interface than hardware? except for the DVD GPS ?
So technically we can upgrade software?

Guys,

I've called up two AB branches and they have each 323 available, premium selection used.

BMW 1 - AB Kuching, Reg Dec2008, mileage - 6700km, Price - RM 250K neg

BMW 2- AB KK, Reg June 2009, mileage-1500km, Price-RM250k non neg.

Now, the problems come which to choose. I knew the one in KK is very new and the one in Kch is quite old and put in some mileage on it. The thing is, how much is the negotiated price the one KCH will drop for that extra mileage, earlier registred date as well as loosing the 9 months of BSRI?? Anyone out there could give me a rough figure please?

I will go to AB KCH this weekend and have a look at the car. So with all the Sifu out there guidance, I hope I can negotiate a better deal.

So, please let me know how much can I negotiate with him on the asking price.

benjovi;444825 said:
I will go to AB KCH this weekend and have a look at the car. So with all the Sifu out there guidance, I hope I can negotiate a better deal.

You have to know how much is the listed new car price. Based on there, 'pre reg' are around 4-8% cheaper and 'demo' cars are around 10-15% cheaper. you can do ur own calculations and you would get the answer. It also depends on the condition and mileage of the cars.
U may also get a second quote from a Peninsular SA as now the car transportaiton (fr Peninsular to East M'sia )costs around 2-3k if i not mistaken.

benjovi;444825 said:

You have to know how much is the listed new car price. Based on there, 'pre reg' are around 4-8% cheaper and 'demo' cars are around 10-15% cheaper. you can do ur own calculations and you would get the answer. It also depends on the condition and mileage of the cars.
U may also get a second quote from a Peninsular SA as now the car transportaiton (fr Peninsular to East M'sia )costs around 2-3k if i not mistaken.

racheltoh;444803 said:
Isn't it software driven? because its more on the interface than hardware? except for the DVD GPS ?
So technically we can upgrade software?

You could upgrade the firmware on the pre-LCI iDrive, but you won't get the same features as it is a major hardware change (higher resolution LCD screen, new iDrive controller with 8 buttons, no DVD drive, hard disk - I read somewhere its an 80GB HD). I asked about a possible hardware upgrade/retrofit at IA once, and was told so far there have been no indications about any kit from BMW that allows a hardware upgrade.

A-ha!! So that's where they dump all the obsolete 80GB.. :p Now one can hardly get a hard disk below 100GB.. :D

Looks like the one that I am going to see in AB Kch will be the pre-LCi model then since it was registered in Dec 2008. So I will be missing the new i-drive with 8 buttons, DVD drive, lower resolution etc...sigh...

Oh well, another point to get a better bargain...

Guys,

This is my analysis:-

1. A new brand new 323 will cost me RM278k,
2. A pre-reg will cost about RM260k, after 6.5% disc.
3. A used 2009 323 with 1500km cost RM 250k
4. A used 2008 pre-LCi 323 with 6700km on it will only cost RM 200k then???

Is this right for my assupmtions?

benjovi;445209 said:
4. A used 2008 pre-LCi 323 with 6700km on it will only cost RM 200k then???

Is this right for my assupmtions?

Not really. A Premium Selection will not be so cheap. Don't forget, it comes with a full BMW warranty. Also, was there a pre-LCI 323? :)

Just go and view/test the car dude. Then think about the price. The warranty is valuable - getting a dud BMW can be a wipeout experience. I know someone who just bought a grey import Jap spec E46 for RM150k. Troubles starting already with the gearbox. Buy brand new if possible.

avoid any Dec (year end) registered car, lower re-sell value! not worth it.

WMB23;445258 said:
avoid any Dec (year end) registered car, lower re-sell value! not worth it.

actually resale value here in malaysia is simply based on year of manufacture. doesnt matter if the car registered in january or in december. Check with the bank and they just ask the year.

they dont even bother with the condition, accessories, months, or mileage.

while buying a car registered in first quarter of the year is ideal, they also priced higher. The car reg on dec gets better discount out front.

Its ur choice.

Mine is an Oct registered car and I bought it pre-reg with 30km on the odo, on Christmas eve for 5% discount, loan interest 2.25%. Now my roadtax expires on Christmas.. Santa cannot use my car to deliver gifts, unless he can complete his deliveries on the eve before midnight, otherwise the JPJ will be after him.. :p

Yes! My roadtax say "25 Dec", despite first registration was late Oct. Upon loan approval and settling the balance down payment, the transfer only take few hours and I got the car pretty immediate, ready with V-Kool (separate bill :()

The 2 years warranty and 3 year BSRI are effected from the day of delivery. This is not possible with pre-owned car.

During the 1st 2 quarters of the year, pre-reg cars are all previous year manufactured cars. For current year car, they only start to pre-reg in the 3rd or 4th quarter. Meaning in Mar if you want to get a current year pre-reg car, no way! Unless they change their policy now.

my feedback: check the year of manufacture vs car registration year. yr of manufacture MORE important.
deal with the top SA or their supervisor - GM to be specific when your last round of negotiation. and yes, dont fall for leng lui SA

Guys,

Thanks alot for all the feedback and it had 'enlightened' me up so much about getting a BMW. This forum had helped me out tremendously!!

I will be travelling back to Malaysia in the next two days. Yup! 2 days journey bros..And will be at AB Kch on Monday to check out the car. I will give my full report on the finding and what is my final decision.

MERCI all!!

Top Bottom