Fuel Consumption For E60 ?

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Jumping back to topic at hand, my 530i gives me about 390-400km per full tank. City driving only. Heavy on pedal as well.

with a 530, I would have done the same too :top: same goes to my 525i.. with city driving, it's roughly 400km and worse if I were caught in traffic jam

I get about 500km in KL....

I did a 'test' recently on the highway.... maintaning at 120km/h for 1 hour I get 13.7km/l..... at 150km/h I get 11.8km/l..... was done on my way to JB using ns highway....

city drive + rural drive gave me 480km-530km for full tank when i was on V-Power 98. after swithching it to shell-97 4months back, it gave me min 500km-550km. highway drive (from jb - penang) on full tank, last me for 760km. been stick to vpower for 3years before changing to shell-97 due to limited area of getting 98. any1 able to explain why 97 can gain more milleage than this shit 98?

98?? v power 98? you got it from S'pore? ours is actually 97...... with lots of addictive in it......

i found out the FC reading is not accurate if u dun hit the set button before starting ur journey..
it will stop calculating after a while..

E60MSport;380763 said:
Full tank is approximately 70 liters according to the glossy.

===================================================================
does anybody explain why there cant get over 700km since the full tank 70L if average fuel showed 8.5km/l? is it the calculation spoilt or not accurate?

mine also arround 580 km full thanks.. currently using Ron97..thinking of swicthing to Ron95..any idea?

kenny75;601337 said:
===================================================================
does anybody explain why there cant get over 700km since the full tank 70L if average fuel showed 8.5km/l? is it the calculation spoilt or not accurate?

Nope I think full tank capacity is only 65 litres

Jerman;596312 said:
Yes, very high indeed. You should be getting at least 600km+ for a full tank or an average 8.5km per litre. Have you change your fuel filter before?

Thanks Jerman,
Now mine is 90,000km,maybe next service should change the fuel filter. I think modified exhaust won't cos the main issue rite???

jswong1027;603436 said:
Thanks Jerman,
Now mine is 90,000km,maybe next service should change the fuel filter. I think modified exhaust won't cos the main issue rite???
What did you do with the exhaust? Sports type? Yes, I believe it will affect the consumption. "If you want to play, then you have to pay"

No probs using RON 95.

I seriously don't understand how you guys can get mileages from 500-600km on a tank?!?! How do you drive and does it involve a lot of highway driving cause I am PJ bound and hardly use the highway and I can get only about 400km+ - 'normal driving' - fast when allowed and slow when forced at housing routes....

desbimmer;605961 said:
No probs using RON 95.

I seriously don't understand how you guys can get mileages from 500-600km on a tank?!?! How do you drive and does it involve a lot of highway driving cause I am PJ bound and hardly use the highway and I can get only about 400km+ - 'normal driving' - fast when allowed and slow when forced at housing routes....

Drive 60km/h on the highest gear? :wink:

my 530i best consumption is 630km full tank then the fuel reserve warning appeared. that time i was driving mainly on kesas highway and hardly get stuck in the jam. most importantly, don't floor the accelerator

desbimmer;605961 said:
No probs using RON 95.

Hi guys,

Mine 525i m-sport consumption is similar as desbimmer. My average consumption is 8.1 km per liter as per indicated in i-drive. Did try ron 97 and 95...both similar results with 97 extra 20 to 30 km difference before the warning comes out. Still 95 saves cost due to unit price difference with 97.

Hope that helps..

bd 9229 :rock:

I think for a car so powerful like the 525/530, RON95 and RON97 doesn't make a lot of performance differences?

i'm using ron 95 in my supercharged 530i... absolutely no problem. no knocking, power loss whatsoever. i did notice better power & mileage with esso ron 95 compared to shell and caltex. on my dash, i get around 8.8km/litre on mixed city/highway driving. if cruising on highway its at least 10km/litre. but reality is one full tank gets me around 450-500km only. btw i'm boosting much less nowadays...

Top Bottom