Final stage of E30 restoration

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Gerald 5

Club Guest
Just would like to share the final stage of my E30 restoration. Idea was to only restore it back to ori condition with Mtech 2 bodykit.... however, test drove a converted M42 EWS and another one with M44:love:, I am so so regreted now. What to do, money had spend so gonna stick with my M40 for a while, that is provided I can tahan the gatal la.At the engine bayradiator, all the arm bushes, leaking, engine, gear mountingchange cam, lifters to eliminate the engine noise timing belt Clucth plateSuspension and handlingBlistein black absorber and Eibach spring. covert to rear disc brake with new cable and pads plus rear anti roll bar. 4X new tyre Michelin PP2 refurbish my Alpina rimsStreeing couplingEnhance lookM-tech BKNow, at spray shop. Will post pic later

The 1st pic was a close up post undercoat, the subsequent 1 was on 5th of Oct when the car was 1st aquired.

Gerald..what happen with your AC kit?..your Mtech 2 ori or fiber?...ermm very nice indeed.
Have you check under the front carpet? Is it wet?..If it wet, then you have to look into the firewall...

anakin;376001 said:
Gerald..what happen with your AC kit?..your Mtech 2 ori or fiber?...ermm very nice indeed.
Have you check under the front carpet? Is it wet?..If it wet, then you have to look into the firewall...

AC kit are fiber, now lying at the workshop lo with the ori bumper and the side skirt plus the door lining. no time to take pic to put up for sales yet.
Mtech are ori, except door panel...can't find 4 doors punya.
Have check all area including removing carpet, nope no rust except the batt area and it had been treated. thanks bro

Update

car was there since last fri and it is aready 1 week now, progress was slow as I insisted on quality work and do not rush.
Boot cover out and M tech 2 rear bumper out to ensure complete spray and all area are cover.

Internal boot and cover done, tomorrow they will be taking out the bonnet and spray the inside cover and engine bay.

hi bro, I think u done a great job! I have just bought my E30 1mth back, and will be doing restoration too. I hope to get a lot of advice from you. Looking at your paintwork, it looks detail. When it's done, need your comments. Mine too needs repainting. But first need to get the simple details done first.

Good job! Cheers

No prob, bro.
Me no sifu, but more than happy to share when ever possible. Cheers!

Gerald..be soft with the lower valance clips (the white one in the picture) look like it still in good condition..be soft with those plastic clips, it break easily...hard to get new now..:top:
If it broken, pm me I got 3 pcs left...

anakin;376996 said:
Gerald..be soft with the lower valance clips (the white one in the picture) look like it still in good condition..be soft with those plastic clips, it break easily...hard to get new now..:top:
If it broken, pm me I got 3 pcs left...
Thanks for the advise bro, I was the one to take it out myself, notice the last pic, it is already out safely.

I suggest you get a new set of headlight from Pussy (krismas sale), a newly painted car with a new shining headlight.....it make a lots of different you know....

IMO, both the front lights still look cool, keen to change tail light but no idea where to get. can help.

Gerald 5;377031 said:
IMO, both the front lights still look cool, keen to change tail light but no idea where to get. can help.

Change the tail light? to what? crystal light? If you ask me, the answer is NO! Unless you get ori smoke tail light by Hella...crystal look 'fake' if you know what I mean...:rolleyes:
then again...it maybe just me...

anakin;377050 said:
Change the tail light? to what? crystal light? If you ask me, the answer is NO! Unless you get ori smoke tail light by Hella...crystal look 'fake' if you know what I mean...:rolleyes:
then again...it maybe just me...
Of course not, if the cystal one, there is no problem to find . Am looking for ori new.

Felt bad that I put too much attention to my E30, gave my 1st babe a good wash this morning:love:
Interior front, rear and speedoo....

Top Bottom