E90 Speaker System

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
KL2DC;209896 said:
Schwepps, it probably wouldn't take too much to make a diesel BMW run on palm-oil based/derived bio-diesel. Its also not too much to make the car run on palm oil, some basic prep need to be done to the oil to make it into a viable fuel. The problem is adequate infrastructure to mass process and supply these fuels.

Touche, and I hate you. :D

Schwepps;209667 said:
I've asked the question before a long time ago when I too thought he was connected with BMW. Never got a straight answer. Only know he lives in a nice Washington DC suburb, married to a local, no kids yet. Always says he's coming back but never does. :p

Now you try lah. Good luck... :D

Yes, yes..... having been telling me that he is coming back but till now still no sign of him :(

David Yong;209924 said:
Yes, yes..... having been telling me that he is coming back but till now still no sign of him :(

:p But according the Schwepps I'm reporting live from somewhere in Sri Hartamas ;)

sebbie;209898 said:
Hi beemers 3

yes for the 5" to fit, they had to cut the cardboard material which houses the original 4". Anyway you can't see it as the stock grill goes back on. Since the original head unit cannot be changed, all you can do for better sound is to get better speakers and a sub woofer (mine was portable so you can take it out if you need more room in the boot) which is what I did. So 5" is the way to go. Left the rear speaker as is as its not too important for the sound as far as the driver is concerned.

BTW it was a typo in my earlier post. I meant that only the driver seat had the subwoofer underneath. Don't know about front passenger seat.

hi sebbie,
thanks for the information. is there any replacement for subwoofer under the seat. i do not want another box in my boot. the boot is jus too small. I can't even fit two golf bag in it.

KL2DC;209679 said:
Wha....:eek:

I thought we were talking about speakers here....:p

I'm just an average nine-to-fiver who also happens to be a car enthusiast not unlike every other guy (and gal) here ;)

By the way guys,
our sifu here still hasn't answer my question yet on what he does for a living, Yet he can expain the analogy of N54 and M54 and the N52 engines...... who know he might be in fact the Chief Technical Engineer for BMW USA or probably the Test Driver for BMW!!!!

Your suspicions match mine! I think he lives in Sri Hartamas and is the Service Manager of Auto Bavaria, laughing at our laments about great cars but poor service :D

Schwepps;210034 said:
Your suspicions match mine! I think he lives in Sri Hartamas and is the Service Manager of Auto Bavaria, laughing at our laments about great cars but poor service :D

This a great one! hahahaha.....

Ok since this is here, I have a few audio equipments taken out from my previous ride and decided not to install into my E90. So if anyone i interested please PM me. Here is what I have for sale. (willing to let go cheap)

1. 12in Diablo subwoofer in closed enclosure
2. Zapco line driver (to enhance signal from head unit to amp)
3. 1 pair of adjustable passive mono block cross over to tweak your front speaker for proper stagging.
4. 3 way electronic crossover. (cant remember the brand need to check)
5. Subwoofer signal enhancer (cant remember what its called but it helps stablise the current for more dynamic lows)
6. 2 way Blaupunkt Velocity reference range amp
7. 4 core twisted pair audio cables (used in my accord so should be more than enough for E90)
8. 1 pair of mid and high PHD speakers, reference range.

Danc,

The 320 SE comes with only 6 speakers. Under ther driver and passenger seats I saw some grills for additinal speakers. Do you know if these are already wired ie speaker ready?

cheers ...

mr B,

The 320 6 speaker system does not have the subwoofers under the front seats and I believe there isnt any tweeters in the A pillars as well. The grill you see under are just there but not speakers. I am not sure about the wiring but I doubt it. The 10 speaker system comes w an external amplifier which is then wired to all the speakers, so I really doubt it.

The E90 325i sound system is great.. However, I noticed that the CD changer plays out of tune at the begining, on any of my original CDs which gradually warms up and then becomes in tune after about 10 minutes or so of playing.

Anyone of you have this problem?

Neither do I have that problem. Strange. But I do have to admit that the sound is pretty decent for a stock setup. Cant compare to the Mark Levinson on the Lexus though.

Sorry for being naive, but does BMW Hi Fi professional come with the subwoofer then? If not, how much to add this feature?

JPB,

I guess what you are referring to here in Msia (since we dont have the Logic7 option for the E90), then the HiFi Pro setup comes with 2 8in subwoofer under the front seats. All speakers are powered by an external amp (from what I heard but did not see yet) located under the CD changer in the boot.

Can't really say much about the 8in subs as I was used to having 12in ones, but they are decent enough for normal use. If you are playing music mostly from your iPod and the song are encoded in average quality i.e. AAC (try not to use MP3) then it's ok. If you are going for pure HiFi sound then you need better subs and amps

Just my 2 sens.

seiously if u guys can afford a e90 and u wan good system as in real good...
go for high end hu or a lc6 by audio control / jl audio clean sweep (if u wan the stock look for the console) ... get a good set of component [ut at your door panel make sure ur installer can fabricate a stock look or a custom look dat is nice and have good sound stage ... good amp and cables r important too ... subwoofers ... depending on wat u r looking for ... no offence but pls dun go for crappy brands ... bass is the backbone of ur music its as important as the rest of the system in ur car .. i used to be in car audio all kinds of setup i've been through .... spend a lil more and have a reputable and some quality ... at the end of the day installers makes alot of difference too ...

hi danielclarke,
i am in the market for a decent set up .... do you have any recommendation... but I do not want to fabricate anything.... i want everything to look stock,..... is that possible...

Top Bottom