F10 test drive feedback

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
The F10s are beginning to appear on KL roads now, I happened to follow an E60 & F10 which were side by side the other day........the F10 looks way better looking than E60 in metal IMHO.

Finally i'm going to test drive the F10 this Sunday-25th July at Sepang Track. There are also other models there. Will definately try the 320d as well.

BMWs;545120 said:
Finally i'm going to test drive the F10 this Sunday-25th July at Sepang Track. There are also other models there. Will definately try the 320d as well.

The 320d is a good car...good value for hard-earned money...people in UK would laugh at the amount of money we pay for our cars...so I don't see why we should overboard and spend half a milllion when the 320d can be got at 200+K!

affan66;539327 said:
this is not only for the Malaysian factory. All BMW factories worldwide are doing this. Ask those who went to the Kulim factory visit.

The popular 3 and 5 are SKD's in Kulim.

7's are assembled in Thailand. I don't know if it's SKD or CKD there. I suspect it's SKD since Thai are cool about automobile tax structure.

bro viewfinder, i went to the kulim factory lah :D Yes. the 3 (E90) and 5(e60) were assembled there. The new F10 will come out from that factory end of the year in SKD form.

Guys, just curious, has the 5 series GT been launched in Malaysia yet? Cos this morning along the NPE, after Sunway toll, I saw what looked like the GT going in the opposite direction. I saw my rear view mirror, and saw that unmistakable rear. Definitely not the F10.

affan66;539327 said:
this is not only for the Malaysian factory. All BMW factories worldwide are doing this. Ask those who went to the Kulim factory visit.

affan66;545181 said:
bro viewfinder, i went to the kulim factory lah :D Yes. the 3 (E90) and 5(e60) were assembled there. The new F10 will come out from that factory end of the year in SKD form.

I'm in agreement with you affan66 :) I was there with you too. I was just clarifying on Schwepps' comment that you replied to (somehow the multi quote does not appear in previous post).

Schwepps;543657 said:
Actually, a properly homologated right-hand drive car should have wipers that sweep right, so that the sweep goes all the way to the A-pillar on the driver's side. So the F10 has the correct arrangement now.

SKDs for this region are semi-assembled in Rayong Thailand to take advantage of the zero import duty within Asean. Rayong became the assembly hub for Asean and we lost a great chance to be the hub. Our non-national cars are still differentially-taxed with a secondary tax called excise duty.

lol yea it's the right way. but seriously i prefer the wrong arrangement. i find that it's less distracting and gives me better vision as well. and the other fact being that it's one of the signature symbols of the 5er :wink:

skd or not. i think im gonna wait for the re-cons from japan with the crazy high specs. am really tempted to get one of those 335i now. saw one yesterday going for rm 280k. a good second hand e46 non virgin 330ci goes for rm 200k. might as well spend another 80k to get the almost virgin 335i.

affan66;545216 said:
ooooo ok ok.... confused...

I wonder who was confused. :rolleyes: I was clarifying yours and Madaque's post. Our 3-ers are semi-assembled in Rayong and brought in as SKDs for finishing in Kulim. SKDs are not semi-assembled in Germany.

Rayong is such a big auto hub now that all our Camrys are fully-assembled there and imported as CBUs! They still remain

doesn't matter la.. no need to fight over a small matter. This forum is beginning to sound boring to me

Eggie86;545193 said:
Guys, just curious, has the 5 series GT been launched in Malaysia yet? Cos this morning along the NPE, after Sunway toll, I saw what looked like the GT going in the opposite direction. I saw my rear view mirror, and saw that unmistakable rear. Definitely not the F10.

saw the 5 GT in AB showroom already but don't know whether officially launched or not. definitely look better than the F10 (in showroom), like the fierce look:top: never seen on road yet.

Saw a 5GT on NKVE liao. Some more white karer.. looks huge! :eek:

Meanwhile, seen a handful of F10 on the road liao. For whatever the reason, I still prefer the E60 look.. :( Hopefully the F10 MSport would change my mind..

mikeyC;545668 said:
saw the 5 GT in AB showroom already but don't know whether officially launched or not. definitely look better than the F10 (in showroom), like the fierce look:top: never seen on road yet.

5 gt was launched together with f10

Schwepps;545472 said:
I wonder who was confused. :rolleyes: I was clarifying yours and Madaque's post. Our 3-ers are semi-assembled in Rayong and brought in as SKDs for finishing in Kulim. SKDs are not semi-assembled in Germany.

Rayong is such a big auto hub now that all our Camrys are fully-assembled there and imported as CBUs! They still remain

affan66;545640 said:
doesn't matter la.. no need to fight over a small matter. This forum is beginning to sound boring to me

:dito:ya-lor...he...he....some overzealous owner really spoil mood from surfing this informative forum....

BMWs;545120 said:

How as the 320d Edmund? Sorry couldn't make it for that Borneo Rainforest TT nite to let you try my car...Met Albundy and Sunnypuan and Kevster today at Glenmarie..drove the Z4 sDrive35is and 523i to Cyberjaya and back...next week going to Sg Besi to try the 335i coupe! Verdict? Hmmm the Z4 for that much money...no way! Didn't excite my inner mojo that much if you know what I mean...and the 523i...damn skinny steering, miss the chunky steering we have,,,and underpowered!

docrayboy;545831 said:
How as the 320d Edmund? Sorry couldn't make it for that Borneo Rainforest TT nite to let you try my car...Met Albundy and Sunnypuan and Kevster today at Glenmarie..drove the Z4 sDrive35is and 523i to Cyberjaya and back...next week going to Sg Besi to try the 335i coupe! Verdict? Hmmm the Z4 for that much money...no way! Didn't excite my inner mojo that much if you know what I mean...and the 523i...damn skinny steering, miss the chunky steering we have,,,and underpowered!

We were 5 minutes late, so someone booked the 523i first and they had only 1 unit for test drive. So first round we tested the X1 2.0d, drove about 10 laps around the track and i must say it rocks like a boat. Despite its weight it still sticks to the ground with all that understeer and slight drift, it is very easy to control.
2nd round, again someone got to the 523i first while we were having our tea break. So we opt for the 320d. This time eric was our instructor and i knew we will definately have a good run this time. Shifted the gear to DS mode and just left it there and its engine was less noisy compared to the X1 2.0d. On the straights i manage to pull to 170kmh even with the rev at 4200rpm the engine was still very silent. The car is indeed very smooth for a diesel. With Eric taking the lead and giving us instructions through walkie talkie, we pushed the car to its limit. Having understeer and sliding and ABS kicking in and rpm maintaining at 4000. The 320d is a fun car to drive.
My advice to anyone who wants to get a 320d, please dont get a demo car. If you do, you might end up with the one we trashed.

Cheers

BMWs;545875 said:
We were 5 minutes late, so someone booked the 523i first and they had only 1 unit for test drive. So first round we tested the X1 2.0d, drove about 10 laps around the track and i must say it rocks like a boat. Despite its weight it still sticks to the ground with all that understeer and slight drift, it is very easy to control.
2nd round, again someone got to the 523i first while we were having our tea break. So we opt for the 320d. This time eric was our instructor and i knew we will definately have a good run this time. Shifted the gear to DS mode and just left it there and its engine was less noisy compared to the X1 2.0d. On the straights i manage to pull to 170kmh even with the rev at 4200rpm the engine was still very silent. The car is indeed very smooth for a diesel. With Eric taking the lead and giving us instructions through walkie talkie, we pushed the car to its limit. Having understeer and sliding and ABS kicking in and rpm maintaining at 4000. The 320d is a fun car to drive.
My advice to anyone who wants to get a 320d, please dont get a demo car. If you do, you might end up with the one we trashed.

Cheers

You must agree now with me, bro...the 320d is quiet, the 320d is fun!

affan66;545640 said:

Agree with you. Things are getting very :boring:

:sleep:

Top Bottom