Enigine oil change vs BMW service inclusive

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

walkman

Club Guest
Greetings,My first post here and hope that someone can enlighten me about this issue. BMW Malaysia is vague about this. I bought my E90 320se with the BMW Service Inclusive package. With this, I'm entitled to free change of engine oil (not including top-ups). However, the engine oil service indicator registered more than 24,000km to go before the next change, after already traveled more than 16,000km since the last changed. Now, my engine beginning to screw up with harsh vibration. I took it today to service center and they are kind enough to offer an engine change. My question to them since they know this is a known issue, whereby the OBC over states the milage for engine oil change, why then they find a better solution like giving us free oil change at 10,000km interval instead of following blindly what the OBC states? Isn't this cost them more? Strange corporate policy...

tongsatriani;246427 said:
engine change? or engine oil change?
Greetings,
Yes, they offer an ENGINE change, as it starts acting jerky due to over-stretch engine oil change period as stated in the OBC. The service department acknowledged this problem and I'm not the first.

Are you sure "engine change"? Be careful as later you will have problem if the engine number does not match registration card when you want to sell your car later.

If it is engine change, make sure that they take the responsibility to change the engine number at the JPJ.

jarance;246451 said:
Are you sure "engine change"? Be careful as later you will have problem if the engine number does not match registration card when you want to sell your car later.

If it is engine change, make sure that they take the responsibility to change the engine number at the JPJ.
Greetings,
The service center has ensured me that they will do all the documentations related to JPJ and car registration certificate. To me, its not so much about the engine change, but the difference of milage for engine oil change states on OBC and in reality. Is such long period sustainable?

Actually it is advisable to do your own engine oil change at every 7,000kms to 10,000kms interval. It is not necessary to follow the reading in the OBC.

yup, if fully syn. oil it can last for max 10k kms which i did to my UDM, no need to base on the OBC one lah.

My 2cent... The OBC is only a guage for you... It isnt a must to follow... Please take into account that the usage, the weather, the style of everyone's driving habit... The OBC can't be that precise... Just change the oil whenever you are not comfortable with it...

For me, I change mine every 5,000km to 7,000km cos I am a heavy user... Travel long distance... I prefer to lub my engine more... HaHa...

Anyhow, they agreed to change the engine for you... Better still isnt it? Ask them to change to E92 la... HaHaHa...

Hello DY, if we change engine oil at 10,000km, can this be covered under the Service Inclusive Package?

Or is the Service Inclusive Package strictly for engine oil changes at 25,000 km intervals only?

GHS;246743 said:
Hello DY, if we change engine oil at 10,000km, can this be covered under the Service Inclusive Package?

Or is the Service Inclusive Package strictly for engine oil changes at 25,000 km intervals only?
Greetings,
The Service Inclusive Package only follows the OBC. So, if you want to change at shorter interval, we have to pay from our pocket. So, I feel there is a bit of being cheated, though they are willing to replace the engine at their initiative. Comparing to my Honda, they give totally free maintenance, parts and labour at every 5000km interval.

Anyway, thanks for all comments.

Top Bottom