Engine shut down suddenly

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

snoop

Club Guest
Sifu Sifu please help, have change my battery recently, check alternator, and send to mechanic diagnose no problem. My engine shut down while driving and the battery lights comes on, but fail to identify the problem? :39:Engine shut down off and on while driving, anyone experience such problem? :s:

snoop,

it might be your alternator, since the battery is only to start engine after that the alternator will do the electrical job before the distributor...have both of alternator and distributor check...that's why the batt light on.:wink:

Wlvrn;337382 said:
snoop,

it might be your alternator, since the battery is only to start engine after that the alternator will do the electrical job before the distributor...have both of alternator and distributor check...that's why the batt light on.:wink:

Snoop ,
Alternately , a cheaper way to troubleshoot is to the clean / change all the battery connection ( + ve & -ve ) , do an extra grounding from the
alternator to the car body or engine . Your alternator might be fine but
due to our car age , extra grounding might be necessary .
Had similar problem before ( but not to the level that the engine died - just that the battery light keep coming out ) .

Good luck , bro !

jarance;337393 said:
Follow Iglima suggestion.. it the crank shaft sensor.

Yeap, seconded. I have similar problem a couple month back. It is crank shaft sensor faulty. :wink:

I have send my car to M-Performance and told him all the possibilities of your inputs to dignose unfortunately nothing. Have to leave my car for few days for further checking.

The mechanic said it could be electrical board. what is the price to change electrical board?

Top Bottom