E90 Head Lamp Foggy

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

soorian

Club Guest
Hi Sifus, After a car wash this morning , i noticed on the drivers side head lamp foggy, for a while and went alright...I don think so this is normal, past 1 year never had this thing. Any E90 owners can confirm this ? ....i am getting tired of this Piece of Shit E90 la

At least I don't see it on mine...

Both sides? Or only 1 side?
I remember David Yong had a similar issue where only 1 side was foggy, and he wanted to claim it.
That was more than 6 months ago, not sure whether he managed to claim or not?

GHS;358338 said:
At least I don't see it on mine...

Both sides? Or only 1 side?
I remember David Yong had a similar issue where only 1 side was foggy, and he wanted to claim it.
That was more than 6 months ago, not sure whether he managed to claim or not?

only 1 side. Drivers side

i think DY's also same side la. mine no such prob (thank god) till today. first day itself got some fogging after a heavy downpour + switch on the HID + heat from engine. maybe its a 1 off thing.

I have claimed a new one from Auto Bavaria quite sometime ago. Did it at AB Sg Besi :)

I am no sifu myself but I have seen it once in a workshop. An X5 has just change a new set of head lamp while servicing his car there and as usual after the service is completed they will take it out to have a quick engine wash. The car came back with a foggy head lamp. Apparently there is this tiny hole at the back of the lamp where water can go in if the bonnet is open, what the boss did was to on the head lamp and uses a "air gun" don't know if this is a right name to blow it dry through the hole and after couple of mins the fog is gone. I was told to understand that this is normal when the bonnet is not close properly. You wash you car yourself? did you wash the engine?

oh then i may not have foggy lamps
my maid washes my car and i would say bonnet is close. never open.

Aiyoo... maid wash car! When she drop the cloth on to floor, she'll pick up and continue to wipe.. aiks!! ..and u blame the cat.. :eek:

Went to AB Segambut, and they test it with ome sort of calculation's and sent to BWM Malaysia. So if the fog goes of within 5 min its normal. because of the Humidity and also they said there is an small hole at the back, because X's generate heat and to protect the lead lamp cover not to change yellow. Hope its not an Bullshit

booooo
i m using amway brand car wash n their magic wipes...
also gave the maid SOP for washing car la.....

Top Bottom