E90 Engine Oil top up too regular

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Grace Wong

Hello, normally service will be dued 7-10K, but the oil level running low sign popping up during 4K,top up 1L and last till 1K drop to half. I was being advised by one workshop is valve seal that require 3 days for the repair and cost about RM2800 inclusive of parts. Prior repairing, appreciate if anyone have the same experience that can share some advises. The car bought brand new from Quil and is 9 years at 74K mileage now.

Grace Wong said:
Hello, normally service will be dued 7-10K, but the oil level running low sign popping up during 4K,top up 1L and last till 1K drop to half. I was being advised by one workshop is valve seal that require 3 days for the repair and cost about RM2800 inclusive of parts. Prior repairing, appreciate if anyone have the same experience that can share some advises. The car bought brand new from Quil and is 9 years at 74K mileage now.
sounds thirsty..but i read it somewhere its quite normal?as long as u dont have loss power symptom...i normally top up half ltr whenever oil level reach half way..normally when the mileage has reached 6000 km after service..mine is already 10 yrs old...its wear and tear..and i dont mind topping up

Hi Kama, thanks for information. For my case drop too frequent,since is wear and tear, do you suggest I repair the valve cover seal ? Just worry will end up white smoke.Just got another quote RM 1900. Plan to repair the oil sum gasket too as it quite a big stain on the floor. Quoted RM 540 for oil sum gasket repair.

My 2 cents worth. I would suggest that you fix all external oil leaks before you consider having any major engine work carried out. Go to a reputable garage, have them inspect the car, identify the leaks and have them repaired. Once you have an oil tight engine you can then monitor the oil consumption rate and decide if you may have another engine problem that is using oil.
I hope this is of help.

Yeah.. u need to replace both gasket, the oil pan gasket and the valve cover gasket. I changed these gaskets on separate occasions. Ur engine oil consumption should improve.

Thanks Rick & Kama...being checking around too, the valve seal cover and oil sump gasket need to change. The valve seal cover made of rubber is harden resulted the oil leak. Since is wear and tear and have top up too frequent, better get it repair.

Top Bottom