e90 Door Lock Mechanism

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

hakeemi

Club Guest
hi again,im having a problem with my driver's door lock mechanisme. Whenever i use the remote to unlock the door, all the doors unclocked except for the driver's door. :rolleyes:a few months back, all the door wont unlocked with the remote control, so i brought to SA. They manage to solved it with by just a change of fuse. After a few week, the driver's door lock went kaput. checked with IA, they said its the door's lock mechanism that need to be changed.Anyone with the same problem? Appreciate some opinions. Cheers! :top:regards

This is one of the common problems of E90 pre-facelift model. I had this problem where my front passenger door wont lock/unlock accordingly. This will progressively worsen and all wont work. My friend's happened to him twice (came back after the first fix at AB Glenmarie).

Mine was fixed at Ingress and so far no issue. Depending on the problem, they either have to change the fuse or the whole mechanism if it is shorted out.

thanks for the info,

mine warranty expired already... :( any idea where to get this spare part?

I had mine changed as well at Ingress. They took care of the driver's side door actuator.
Must be the OEM manufacturer's fault.

I had the same problem couple of weeks back. Only the driver's door could be opened, all other doors were locked and couldn't even be opened from inside. Scan through the forum & e90post, suspected fuse problem. Sent the car to workshop & confirmed that it's due to the fuse, had it changed to a 20 amp fuse and problem solved.

The embarrassed part was that my wife & children had to climb to the front & rear passenger seats from the driver side under full view of evening dinner crowd. Surely some of them were making fun of BMW as the marque for Sheer Driving Pleasure!:mad:

Wonder what would happen if this happened in an accident which involved fire, scary thought!:eek:

bmFIVE;480699 said:
Surely some of them were making fun of BMW as the marque for Sheer Driving Pleasure!:mad:

Hahaha.... for those who cannot afford will say.... see... BMW also got so much problems. And for those who can afford it will say.... what to do we love it so much that we have to tolerate with it lor...

got the same prob couple of months back. initially brought it to AB Glenmarie. They changed the fuse, then after 2 weeks same thing happened again. Took it to Ingress to do a diagnosis. Apparently they redo the wiring that is short-circuiting all the time. Till now, no prob...

problem solved... i change the whole lock mechanisme. done it behind inner-power. it cost me rm700 inclusive of labour charge.

Ingress wants rm800 + rm130 labour from me and
Optimum wants rm850 inclusive labour.

so, i took the least expensive one. ;)

David Yong;480722 said:
Hahaha.... for those who cannot afford will say.... see... BMW also got so much problems. And for those who can afford it will say.... what to do we love it so much that we have to tolerate with it lor...

Easy for u to say because u have 2 less doors and passengers had to climb in from the front anyway.. haha! Smart!:top:

My 24 months warranty just over... now finding myself not sleeping too well.. I guess only time will cure my phobia.. :(

... and hakeemi, there's another major difference if getting it done in SC, apart from the higher cost. How long of a warranty does inner-power gives u on the lock? 2 years?!

astroboy;482754 said:
Easy for u to say because u have 2 less doors and passengers had to climb in from the front anyway.. haha! Smart!:top:

My 24 months warranty just over... now finding myself not sleeping too well.. I guess only time will cure my phobia.. :(

... and hakeemi, there's another major difference if getting it done in SC, apart from the higher cost. How long of a warranty does inner-power gives u on the lock? 2 years?!

Astroboy,

erm... i should have think about the warranty ya. haha... maybe next time. thanks bro.:top:

hakeemi;482623 said:
problem solved... i change the whole lock mechanisme. done it behind inner-power. it cost me rm700 inclusive of labour charge.

Ingress wants rm800 + rm130 labour from me and
Optimum wants rm850 inclusive labour.

so, i took the least expensive one. ;)

from what i read before, its a known design fault and should be replaced by bmw FOC. affects a lot of cars it seems.

bimmerdude;483087 said:
from what i read before, its a known design fault and should be replaced by bmw FOC. affects a lot of cars it seems.

That's why they give u 24 months warranty for all their mechanical parts ma. As long as if it fail within the 24 months period, they will keep changing for u FOC and after every change, the 24 months warranty for the said parts is reset and counted for another 24 months. I have no problem with that.. :smokin:

I'm currently having problems with the lock mechanism as well albeit of a slightly different nature. My 323i is just short of 2 months old and the comfort access is not responsive. I find it odd that I have to shake my key before the door opens or closes.

I'll be sending it to IA this coming Tuesday and hopefully they'll solve it once and for all as it's annoying the hell out of me.

relax la not accusing bmw of anything except bloodsucking us consumers. They should've made a recall of the affected units before the parts fail, and spare us the inconvenience and in some instances ENDANGERMENT.

what if the doors fail in a crash and burn accident? You want to make a 24month warranty claim in heaven?

All BMW has this stupid CAS module that can potentially fail and lock up passengers during emergency. Really stupid design if u ask me. I think the driver's door lock mechanism is still problematic and they have yet to come up with a more reliable replacement. Just like my rocker cover gasket, keep replacing still got problem. This gasket is my 3rd lio.

Totally feel u!

astroboy;483193 said:
All BMW has this stupid CAS module that can potentially fail and lock up passengers during emergency. Really stupid design if u ask me. I think the driver's door lock mechanism is still problematic and they have yet to come up with a more reliable replacement. Just like my rocker cover gasket, keep replacing still got problem. This gasket is my 3rd lio.

Totally feel u!

Mercedes never had this problem :) In fact, the other german big three also never had this problem. why ar?

jazzler;483138 said:
I'm currently having problems with the lock mechanism as well albeit of a slightly different nature. My 323i is just short of 2 months old and the comfort access is not responsive. I find it odd that I have to shake my key before the door opens or closes.

I'll be sending it to IA this coming Tuesday and hopefully they'll solve it once and for all as it's annoying the hell out of me.

My cheap garden variety Audi remote works more sensitively than my bmw e90 remote. i could be standing one feet away from the door and it wont open even after a few stabs at the button. Go figure.

bimmerdude;483216 said:
My cheap garden variety Audi remote works more sensitively than my bmw e90 remote. i could be standing one feet away from the door and it wont open even after a few stabs at the button. Go figure.

Yes, cheap is the word. Garden variety remotes are simple RF devices that are so easy to replicate/break. Any locksmith can do it in seconds. I much prefer the higher security of a Bimmer or Merc remote, although the range is much lower.

Top Bottom