E90 323i tires

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

CKHoe

Club Guest
Hi, My 2011 E90 323i has run 30k, am currently on 225/45/17, RFT. Am thinking of changing it to 245/40/17 or 245/45/17. Is it ok and advisable? Thanks for any advice in advance!

Bro, check the small plate at the driver's door. It ought to tell you the recommended tire sizes.

And please do make an intro in the newbie section. Happy motoring!!

Hey bro,

Thks for the advice. I checked the label but don't how to read! LoL. Thinking of changing it to 18 too.

Me, from KL. got the last batch of 323i before the new F30 came.

Sorry, is there a "newbie" section. Am new here. Will check it out.

Easiest way to upgrade to 18" is go look for a set of E90 Msport wheels that have been traded in, preferably already with tyres with decent thread left.

Bro,

For a start, you can compare tire sizes here http://www.1010tires.com/tiresizecalculator.asp . Best if your selection is within 3% variance guide. I presume you are going for a square setup (all 4 tires the same size)? In which case, your front tyre wld be too wide, which i dont think is recommended.

Normally folks would go for a staggered setup meaning 225/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear (i think these info is on the plate) for various reasons such as better cornering, looks more garang etc......

All the best bro...

Thanks bro. Now you mentioned it, I did see the specs on staggered basis. U r right, the front max is 225. I think with the rear 255/40/17, it really looks very garage and cool. LoL.

I am contemplating to upgrade to 18 like Mizhan suggested.. Scared power drops.

Upgrade bro......thats the way to go, and you wont feel the difference. Visually, your ride would look stunning....depending of your choice of rims though....Do heed mizhan's advise, and search the showroom for his inspiring rides...

All the best!!

Alright bros! Will seriously consider it and share with you all my experience.

Probably will get a replica MS rims. Cheaperrrrr....

If power affected, pump 97 LO! LOL

CKHoe;801310 said:
Alright bros! Will seriously consider it and share with you all my experience.

Probably will get a replica MS rims. Cheaperrrrr....

If power affected, pump 97 LO! LOL

I was told there will be no difference if u pump ron97 lo....
For E90 323i, put ARB.... then got power....
Civic type r pun kalah...

rattlesnake1982;801315 said:
I was told there will be no difference if u pump ron97 lo....
For E90 323i, put ARB.... then got power....
Civic type r pun kalah...

Rattlesnake ... When will your car wing CTR? You talk dy, test my car dy. Still nothing. In reality Ron 95 and Ron 97 got hardly much difference for our cars. Many tests done by motoring mags and programs la. You can see a decent increase in high performance engines only. For our cars ... I dunno ... Maybe a few HP? A few HP for a 1,500 kg car? Cannot feel la

1982, I pumped before, 97 makes the diff. If u r on DS somemore, I personally feel that power upgraded to 200-210, like the passat cc pick up. Of course, with much better handling due to RWR. Hehe...

Anyone has diff exp?

CKHoe;801448 said:
1982, I pumped before, 97 makes the diff. If u r on DS somemore, I personally feel that power upgraded to 200-210, like the passat cc pick up. Of course, with much better handling due to RWR. Hehe...

Anyone has diff exp?

Dyno never lies. A lot is in the mind. Like for a 1,500 kg car ... 10hp is hardly felt. Also, hard for normal pump fuel to give such an increase on our cars. I tried Ron 97, din feel it.

Haha the money part is immediate and obvious! RM50-60 more/tank.

Better use the money for something better? U think K&N air filter worth putting?

What's CTR btw?

I give my recent input on my 320i. I guess it's not much different from 323i. I tried RON95 and 97. In term of power... not much different. But you get fuel saving about 5-8%. I pump BHP. My old Civic benefited from BHP, so I just continue using that in my 320i.

I just plonk in K&N drop in filter. Engine rev smoother, power wise don't feel much, probably 3-5% nia. U all think think la... I just felt wasted my money on this.

CKHoe;801568 said:
Haha the money part is immediate and obvious! RM50-60 more/tank.

Better use the money for something better? U think K&N air filter worth putting?

What's CTR btw?
Barely any difference with the K&N filter. Really can't get any improvement even on the dyno machine.

Hmm... Not sure why I feel the difference... Better pick up and revv... Maybe the extra money spent makes me feel better on the power psychologically. LoL.

I tried K&N on my Accord before. Smoother. Not sure to change for my bimmer. Seems like so far all expert feedback so so nia..

Thks anyway.

CKHoe;801651 said:
Hmm... Not sure why I feel the difference... Better pick up and revv... Maybe the extra money spent makes me feel better on the power psychologically. LoL.

I tried K&N on my Accord before. Smoother. Not sure to change for my bimmer. Seems like so far all expert feedback so so nia..

Thks anyway.

Extra 2 hp with KnN filter

Top Bottom