E60 523i AB 2007 My Adventure Continue

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Going for family vacations during deepavali n awal muharam holiday, so my car park at home 4 5days and this what i found.....

20131106_180548_zps1d6243d1.jpg

20131107_074145_zps8033ce4c.jpg

oil leaks again!!!!!!! even worst than b4...... haiyaaaa.... smell like a GB oil (amonia smell)..

- - - Updated - - -

20131106_180548_zps1d6243d1.jpg

20131107_074145_zps8033ce4c.jpg

oil leaks again!!!!!!! even worst than b4...... haiyaaaa.... smell like a GB oil (amonia smell)..

i know that uneasy feeling whenever there is oil stain on the floor bro. but this one looks like quite much. you recently changed your GB oil or what? maybe the pan is not properly sealed back?

huskar3399;851896 said:
i know that uneasy feeling whenever there is oil stain on the floor bro. but this one looks like quite much. you recently changed your GB oil or what? maybe the pan is not properly sealed back?
Yes Bro, last month a week before Pangkor drive I hv change the GB oil + pan + filter....

but how come only after few weeks it's leaks? If not seal properly should immediately start leaking kan... :hmmmm2:

Last time my e46 power steering oil leaked but never saw any stain on the floor. Until after I went to a relative's house and parked my car on their driveway, which is on a slight slope. Guess what, the oil start dripping onto the floor. The undercarriage cover was holding the oil all this while. Checked the power steering fluid reservoir, left about 1/4 oil. I think it is similar case as yours. Maybe because the car was stagnant for significant period of time, the oil kept adding until the cover can no longer hold it and start dripping onto the floor. Maybe all this while the oil dripped onto the road because you're driving the car. My guess it could be a small leak that just builds over time.

UnoS;851930 said:
Yes Bro, last month a week before Pangkor drive I hv change the GB oil + pan + filter....

but how come only after few weeks it's leaks? If not seal properly should immediately start leaking kan... :hmmmm2:

- - - Updated - - -

Last time my e46 power steering oil leaked but never saw any stain on the floor. Until after I went to a relative's house and parked my car on their driveway, which is on a slight slope. Guess what, the oil start dripping onto the floor. The undercarriage cover was holding the oil all this while. Checked the power steering fluid reservoir, left about 1/4 oil. I think it is similar case as yours. Maybe because the car was stagnant for significant period of time, the oil kept adding until the cover can no longer hold it and start dripping onto the floor. Maybe all this while the oil dripped onto the road because you're driving the car. My guess it could be a small leak that just builds over time.

UnoS;851930 said:

one month old GB oil sump rubber gasket thats leak
20131107_114218_zps1ab4e2a1.jpg

GB oil pan without ruber gasket
20131107_114232_zps80945c7b.jpg

new rubber gasket
20131107_114302_zps3ee59c07.jpg

also found some leaks from mechatronic sleave sealing. below is old units with orange color oring
20131107_114514_zps3414e3ae.jpg

new unit from ZF same part no but with black color rubber oring in Pomen hand

20131107_114641_zpsa6c8ca0b.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

also found some leaks from mechatronic sleave sealing. below is old units with orange color oring
20131107_114514_zps3414e3ae.jpg

new unit from ZF same part no but with black color rubber oring in Pomen hand

20131107_114641_zpsa6c8ca0b.jpg

but still need to pay for the rubber gasket replacment for rm100. i hv argue that is their parts problem... but just waste of my time only... the sealing sleave is rm95... little bit expensive compare from BA. ZF6 GB oil hv to top up for 1liter rm60... at BA you could get it for below RM50 per liter....

still kene charge for upah pasang mechatronic sealing sleave RM120... no discount given for upah....

- - - Updated - - -

but still need to pay for the rubber gasket replacment for rm100. i hv argue that is their parts problem... but just waste of my time only... the sealing sleave is rm95... little bit expensive compare from BA. ZF6 GB oil hv to top up for 1liter rm60... at BA you could get it for below RM50 per liter....

still kene charge for upah pasang mechatronic sealing sleave RM120... no discount given for upah....

Bro, how can the new rubber gasket leak just after a month? Did u question them it's make in china or India! Really waste of time!

christheseed;852022 said:
Bro, how can the new rubber gasket leak just after a month? Did u question them it's make in china or India! Really waste of time!

Improper tightening of the screws at the AFT plastic oil pan is the most common cause of leak. ZF manual recommend that torque wrench is to be used to ensure a proper installation.

this 2nd time GB job also they did not use tork wrench.... alamak.... hopefully no more leaks laaaa......

maybe the mechatronic sleeve small leaks only cerita saja... bcoz i cant see it clearly

- - - Updated - - -

this 2nd time GB job also they did not use tork wrench.... alamak.... hopefully no more leaks laaaa......

maybe the mechatronic sleeve small leaks only cerita saja... bcoz i cant see it clearly

yesterday and today morning after car park overnight, I found very light oil stain on my porch...... suspected from gearbox again.....haiyaaaaa wat lah.... really make me down.... should i go back to them?

Bro,
Don't waste your time with the incompetent workshop. Just send your car to Ingress Auto at Damansara and leave there for a day or two so that they can perform proper RCA which most workshops do not have that capability.
By the way, may we know the name of the incompetent workshop?

UnoS;852762 said:
yesterday and today morning after car park overnight, I found very light oil stain on my porch...... suspected from gearbox again.....haiyaaaaa wat lah.... really make me down.... should i go back to them?

yesterday my car hv difficulties to start... 1 st button push only steering column adjust to preset driving position... engine no crank.. .. 2nd button push steering column back to upper position... engine no crank... 3rd push button... engine crank... but take sometime to crank... like insufficient tonic power to turn the starter motor..

aghhh... this might be indicator the battery going to die soon... quick call to

1. BA segambut... ori battery e60 90ah no stock.... quote rm1150
2. Inner power... ori battery e60 90ah also no stock... estimate quote rm1k lebih
3. Bomin offer Bosch battery DIN100 they said equivalent.. estimate quote RM800....
4. At the end call Wearnes Autohouse... ori battery e60 have stock... estimate quote + installation + 10% discount RM12++...

Finally did it at Wearnes.... for ori battery...
I have read around.. found some non ori battery will give trouble to our car sensors / electrical system due to diffrent AH..... some said non ori last only up to 2-3 years.. while ori battery could be use up to 6 - 7 years and our car need the new battery to be register...

The old battery
20131210_073834_zps2f7c180e.jpg

The spec and power rating
20131210_073726_zpsfb8aad62.jpg

Quick tips by SA, we can check that the original battery terminal is engrave with year installation... year 2007 (wow, last up to 6 years after out from assembly line)... and confirm by SA from car service record history in their system...
20131210_073800_zps0f51c494.jpg

At the end... total actual cost is RM1217.25 for diagnose+ new ori BMW 90AH battery + register new battery to the car electrical system + 10% discount..

with complimentary 1 glass of orange juice + 1 cup cappuccino + 1 glass of plain water + 1 slice cheese cake + 1 slice chocolate cake + 1 chicken pie...for my wife and me during waiting in issetta cafe.. take time bcoz.. many car yesterday for servicing... :4:

UnoS said:
yesterday my car hv difficulties to start... 1 st button push only steering column adjust to preset driving position... engine no crank.. .. 2nd button push steering column back to upper position... engine no crank... 3rd push button... engine crank... but take sometime to crank... like insufficient tonic power to turn the starter motor..

aghhh... this might be indicator the battery going to die soon... quick call to

1. BA segambut... ori battery e60 90ah no stock.... quote rm1150
2. Inner power... ori battery e60 90ah also no stock... estimate quote rm1k lebih
3. Bomin offer Bosch battery DIN100 they said equivalent.. estimate quote RM800....
4. At the end call Wearnes Autohouse... ori battery e60 have stock... estimate quote + installation + 10% discount RM12++...

Finally did it at Wearnes.... for ori battery...
I have read around.. found some non ori battery will give trouble to our car sensors / electrical system due to diffrent AH..... some said non ori last only up to 2-3 years.. while ori battery could be use up to 6 - 7 years and our car need the new battery to be register...

The old battery
20131210_073834_zps2f7c180e.jpg

The spec and power rating
20131210_073726_zpsfb8aad62.jpg

Quick tips by SA, we can check that the original battery terminal is engrave with year installation... year 2007 (wow, last up to 6 years after out from assembly line)... and confirm by SA from car service record history in their system...
20131210_073800_zps0f51c494.jpg

At the end... total actual cost is RM1217.25 for diagnose+ new ori BMW 90AH battery + register new battery to the car electrical system + 10% discount..

with complimentary 1 glass of orange juice + 1 cup cappuccino + 1 glass of plain water + 1 slice cheese cake + 1 slice chocolate cake + 1 chicken pie...for my wife and me during waiting in issetta cafe.. take time bcoz.. many car yesterday for servicing... :4:
Wah bro, just read your thread! Nice write up history on your car..hope i have the same patience writing/posting them down here !
Btw, how's your new tyre, ARCHILLES, is it any good? i reckon that the price is quite cheap at RM380/pc for that size..

naharnms,
the tyre not bad for the price i pay..... still okay in the wet at 100kmh..... in dry up to 160kmh no issue.... futhermore.... this archilles is sponsor tyre for few event in SIC, drirft challence and oem for chervolet cars

feel slightly vibration only when driving at 120kmh......not at slower or higher speed.. then go for alancing.... end up repair all 4pcs rim... they said rim bengkok...

repair + Balancing 1pc rm90b (both front wheel done on wheel balancing)
total 4pcs RM360

result okay but not perfect .... maybe the bangla skill not there yet... any advise to make the vibration gone?

Top Bottom