E46 parts & maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
As Herbert mantioned, you were conned and it's always advisable to know about the car before buying. Google and BMWCM helps allot. There are differences between M52 and M54 which you can notice. Another thing is that you should bring someone who knows about these cars along to atleast check.

Dear sifu...i am quite naive about M52/M54...how to identify, is it stated in the card register?

no... u have to check through the VIN... then go to REALOEM.com and paste the last 7 digits there... then u'll know the year, the engine... everything la in a nutshell

PS: VIN number can be found in the engine bay... look for anything tht looks long with number and very important and easily readible... thts the VIN

Hi guys.
I saw this car on ZTH. Any recommendations?
Feel it's a little overprice for a 2001 325i.
Not sure, just a feel.
BMW 325i

18-Dec-10
Bavarian Auto
Oil Filter (Mahle) 18.00
Oil Level Sensor (Hella) 176.00
Pan Gasket (GM) 97.00
GB Strainer 50.00
ZF (no.5) GB Fluid - RM40 x 6 240.00

18-Dec-10
Yu Fatt
Oil (Castrol Edge 10W 60) 160.00

18-Dec-10
Autobahn, Sunway
Labour (to change GB oil & engine oil & change level sensor) 60.00
Upgrade software (gearbox) 50.00

18-Dec-10
WRC Sunway
CCFL 320.00

hi guys,

I have a question here, how much a surbo whateva costs? My e46 just got admitted into a workshop. The mechanics claimed that i need to change the thing called ''surbo'' and and i need to pay RM1k for the parts and labour.

Appreciate your view on this matter.

Adios guys!

Regards,
Dilla

callme_dilla;592510 said:
hi guys,

I have a question here, how much a surbo whateva costs? My e46 just got admitted into a workshop. The mechanics claimed that i need to change the thing called ''surbo'' and and i need to pay RM1k for the parts and labour.

Appreciate your view on this matter.

Adios guys!

Regards,
Dilla

Surbo? Stay away from the mechanics.

Just installed the E46 Roof Spoiler ABS material cost $260 and painting $150.

At my hometown Sban i know if u buy from Sunway area easily cost u $300 for the spoiler right.

Hello all Senior Bimmers,
Need some advise as I'm a new owner of E46, thus not much experience.
My E46 engine will make this funny "knocking" noise especially when I start the car after 6-8 hrs engine off, especially in the morning.
It's too loud & it will continue for about a minute then it will be OK with smooth engine sound, like nothing happen! Any idea guys?
Thanks!

That may be one (of 16 if n42 engine) hydraulic lifters of the overhead camshaft is not functioning properly. It has a rattling/knocking sound (similar to a diesel powered engine). If you start the car oil is filled in back to the lifters then the sound may disappear. like your case once overnight the oil will sip out from the lifters thus creating no oil in the lifters during a long period of time (e.g 6-8 hours engine not running). Normally lifters do retain some oil in them if they are functioning properly... hope this helps...

I had the same issue...but for my case all the time...there's 1 timing chain tensioner inside the valve cover...price around 180 but you need to change the valve cover gasket also when open price around rm190 so total around rm370 labour depend on which mech...

I just change my Front Rotor + Brake Pad.

Cost incur :-

1) TRW Brake Rotor RM150/pcs = RM300
2) TRW Brake Pad Without sensor RM180
Labour = RM50

Total : RM530....

Is that expensive???

bmwjackiee36;601525 said:
I just change my Front Rotor + Brake Pad.

Cost incur :-

1) TRW Brake Rotor RM150/pcs = RM300
2) TRW Brake Pad Without sensor RM180
Labour = RM50

Total : RM530....

Is that expensive???

err if not mistaken TRW is oem from japan...why not using ori brake pad?

Just owned my 328i for 4 days. Decided to do the PDI inspection at Ultra Tune Glenmarie - RM 265.

I Personally observed the inspection in the working bay, frankly,the inspection quality was more or less the same with my normal foreman, but at a higher price. Not worth it i guess..Got a list of recommendations from them, I'll do the repairs and replacement at my normal workshop.

dear all Senior Bimmers,
i just a new comers here. i would like to ask about the maintenance for the bmw cars. it's really we should send our car to the specify w'shop for the maintenance.. because i here that the bmw cars need to reset the millage after every service??

Hi Sifu,

i just got my E46 328i and would like to check with you. How much is the gearbox oil seal change? i have read 100 pages in this thread and still unable to get the correct numbers and where is the good workshop for repairing gearbox oil seal?

dear all Senior Bimmers,
i just a new comers here. i would like to ask about the maintenance for the bmw cars. it's really we should send our car to the specify w'shop for the maintenance.. because i here that the bmw cars need to reset the millage after every service??

This one very simple... ive done it recently... no need the OBD II com... all you need to do is follow this 3 simple step.

After all service

#1 Press the left Knob on dashboard for 5 second (Wait for the milage numbers to turn TEST / RESET)
#2 Turn the Key To Position 1
#3 Release the Knob and Press again 5 Second

If all goes well the service meter will reset ...

Ive done it on my E46 320/323i :) Good luck

Top Bottom