E46 parts & maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
tequilashots;550343 said:
friends,

i've managed to kill some time to have a statistical analysis of e46 for your reference. Using the infos given by previous threads, i have compiled and created a nice cost equation that could be useful to estimate your maintenance costs next time.

the equation i've come up is :

Cost, RM = 1721.6*Ln(Num of Items) - 1976.6

Just plug in the number of items you anticipate (or spent) to a scientific calculator. Mind you this utilizes a natural logarithmic function.

The num of items is subjective whether the service is major or minor. Minor service I can suggest is four (4) num of items and major can start at ten (10) items.

Another useful indication is that if the actual cost is higher, it's either your car has a major problem or the items you're paying is actually higher than they already are.

Good luck and appreciate some comments

ir. tequilashots

Thanks for the effort bro :top: I assume this is on a spreadsheet? if so can you kindly attach the spreadsheet too :D

roslanz;551981 said:
Where did u buy the expension tank? mine is RM570.00..

Bro , i got it from a friend that gave me the special price (not inclusive of labour mind you :D). The price you paid for is very expensive indeed but i suspect it includes the thermostat for the gearbox oil cooler ... All e46 auto cars have the thermostat attach at the bottom of the expansion tank, when removing the expansion tank it will generally cause the thermostat to break. So when replacing the expansion tank it will go hand in hand with the thermostat.

Mine is a SMG transmission hence no need for a thermostat since SMG cars don't come equipped with a g/box oil cooler.

Thermostat is around RM220-250 i think, so the price you paid for is about there.

B33mEr;551993 said:
Century DIN88 Maintenance free battery = RM300 :D

That's quite cheap bro. Can u give more details on the battery ie: no of plates, amps etc? Is it compatible with my 320i? Thanks

'Patah kaki' since monday... just pick up my car from workshop

New ATF = RM380 (Ravenol)

change gear box oil seals and labor = free (covered by warranty -used car)

I hope no more leaking

relief before raya... :D

Yesterday's damage:
Car could not start at office parking lot, have to tow to workshop.
Fuel pump 'kaput'.

Fuel pump = RM570
Fuel filter = RM180
Labor = RM120
Tow=RM100

IM looking for E45 year 2001 COIL

Hi All, good day to you all.... Im a new user here as Im facing a problem... I bought a 2001 BMW E46... After using for a months my car coil broke down due to mis fire... Mechanic hep me to change a new coil under prem. hmm yesterday my car got problem again.. this time misfire coil 5. anyone can advise where to get the cheaper coil... I want to by all 6 coil...
Please advise...
TQ

StopMe_;569030 said:
Yesterday's damage:
Fuel pump 'kaput'.

Fuel pump = RM570
Fuel filter = RM180
Labor = RM120
Tow=RM100

I think for BM drivers, it would be advisable to buy insurance which comes with free towing service to save some costs when our cars break down due to whatever reasons. Experiencing that many times with my E39 previously.

Agreed... My BM broke down at Muar.. lucky got buy insurance.. covered 350 damaged 200... Free towing within Klang Valley...

it's advisable to change all coild at once when 1 gives problem unless you change the 1 with a second one...I was told!

StopMe_;569030 said:
Yesterday's damage:
Fuel pump 'kaput'.

Fuel pump = RM570
Fuel filter = RM180
Labor = RM120
Tow=RM100

Bro...

Tow dekat je pun RM100??

Latest damage:
V-belt = RM68
Bearing = RM118
Engine oil (Petronas Mach5 20w50) = RM99
Labour + Car wash = RM100

Mr car has started 'makan' engine oil... have to use higher SAE engine oil. before this I use 5w40 or 10w40 shell.

StopMe_;569030 said:
Yesterday's damage:
Fuel pump 'kaput'.

Fuel pump = RM570
Fuel filter = RM180
Labor = RM120
Tow=RM100

Last week replacement DIY;

Fuel pump = RM 450
Fuel filter = RM 80

StopMe_;571438 said:
Latest damage:
V-belt = RM68
Bearing = RM118
Engine oil (Petronas Mach5 20w50) = RM99
Labour + Car wash = RM100

Mr car has started 'makan' engine oil... have to use higher SAE engine oil. before this I use 5w40 or 10w40 shell.

Is yours a 4 or 6 potter? What was the oil consumption?

B33mEr;571524 said:
Is yours a 4 or 6 potter? What was the oil consumption?

E46 2.0 4-potter.
normal driving habit full tank can give 550km to 600km mix highway+city. :driver:
Crazy driving habit, full tank can give up to 480km only.:39:

Top Bottom