E46 parts & maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
i think i hv been ripped off... spent RM355.25 for oil and filter on my E46 (2.0L).

1. oil service and reset service indicator light = 45.00
2. service tax = 2.25
3. oil filter = 45.00
4. mobil gold (5L) = 263.00

are these normal prices???

RESETTING OIL SERVICE INDICATOR:
If your OBC needs to be reset after completing your oil change, there are two ways. NOTE: If you miss a step, just turn the key back off and try again:

A. Model Year 1999 to Mid-2000: You should have the older round 20-pin DLC connector under your hood behind the battery terminal, you need to use a small length of wire to connect (short) pins 7 and 19 for 3-5 seconds with the ignition key in position 1 (Accessory).

B. After Mid-2000: You should not have the 20-pin DLC connector. You only need to hold the left odometer reset button while turning the key to position 1 (Accessory). Keep holding the button for 5 or so seconds until any of the following shows in the display: OIL SERVICE or INSPECTION with RESET or RE. Release the button and press it again for another 5 or so seconds until RESET or RE flash. While the display flashes, press the button one more time briefly. If done correctly, END SIA should show up for a few seconds. All done.

Originally posted by ace99@Sep 9 2005, 08:20 AM
If your OBC needs to be reset after completing your oil change, there are two ways. NOTE: If you miss a step, just turn the key back off and try again:

A. Model Year 1999 to Mid-2000: You should have the older round 20-pin DLC connector under your hood behind the battery terminal, you need to use a small length of wire to connect (short) pins 7 and 19 for 3-5 seconds with the ignition key in position 1 (Accessory).

B. After Mid-2000: You should not have the 20-pin DLC connector. You only need to hold the left odometer reset button while turning the key to position 1 (Accessory). Keep holding the button for 5 or so seconds until any of the following shows in the display: OIL SERVICE or INSPECTION with RESET or RE. Release the button and press it again for another 5 or so seconds until RESET or RE flash. While the display flashes, press the button one more time briefly. If done correctly, END SIA should show up for a few seconds. All done.
Strangeboy's car is definitely post 2000 cos it's a 2.0L valvetronic. For that simple procedure, it adds RM45 to the bill?!! Yikes!!

Originally posted by ace99@Sep 9 2005, 04:20 PM

thanks bud. will try it next time. somehow, i do not feel that stuttgart is providing service up to the level that they should. the salesman just being busy trying to offload some hamann rims to me.... RM12K!!! :dunno:

Originally posted by mini_jeff67@Sep 10 2005, 04:22 PM
Good price actually - rest mine for RM100! Oil change labour separate some more! :cry:
where did u get yours done? i heard m-speed is pretty affordable, true?

Donno about M-Speed - I'm in Kuching! Not much choices as far as non-AB workshops are concerned!

Just bought a pair of boomerang arms (lemforder) for RM1200 plus a pair of lower arm bushers for RM500 (was it a good price?) - hope to get it fixed this weekend, then go for alignment, and ... viola... my outstanding job is done! :yahoo: ... until the next one comes along... :D :cry:

Just done inspection 2 and full service..the parts and prices as follows

oil filter (40)
Valve cover gasket (130)
Oil sump gasket (95)
Air hose (40)
Air Valve (195)
Radiator (660)
Thermostat (300)
Thermostat valve (160)
Coolant (25)
Bleeder nut (15)
Fan Belt (185)
A/C Belt (120)
Tensioner bearing (145)
Tensioner bearing (160)
Bearing (75)
Gearbox mounting 35x2 (70)
Rear Absorber mounting 40x2 (80)
Rear Absorber damper 30x2 (60)
Air hose (105)
Air hose (140)
Air hose (140)
Window lifter (390)
Bottom hose switch (130)
8 litres engine oil (310)
Labour (400)
service tax (20)

Total: (4090)
Discount (90)

Grand Total: RM4000.00 :cry:

Oil Inspection

BMW Engine Oil Service incl Add Service RM 33.00
Shell Helix Ultra 4.0L RM 168.00
Cleaner RM 11.04
Filter RM 217.62
Filter Element RM 47.09

Replace Alternator Belt RM 11.00
Fan Belt RM 195.30

Replace Expansion Tank RM 55.00
Replace Rear Cyclinder Head Connector RM 110.00
Thermostant RM 170.00
Expansion Tank RM 324.62
Anti Freeze RM 57.28
Connector RM 44.97

Car Wash (FOC)

Total Labour RM 253.00
Total Parts RM 1068.25
Lubricant RM 168.00
Total RM 1489.25
Service Tax 5% RM 12.65
Gross Total RM 1501.90

I remember i did change both side of the lower arm and bush for my e46 for Rm1500. i think this is one of the best deal in town.???

I'd say "YES"! Just the bushes and lower arms alone cost me RM1700, without installation! Where did you get them?

Pls get the guys to install the bush correctly coz mine last for only 5 months because of the wrong installation method use / i think. Dont force the bush or hammer just use some silicone oil spray and push the bush in with the hand. Hope this will make the bush last longer.

Top Bottom