E46 parts & maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi tkew,
Which workshop u went to at Jalan Ipoh, is it recommended ? Cos I stay around there too !
Rgds,

After certain parts replaced...phew :p
:lol: oOh laLA now my car drive like Brand new :lol: :lol: Oh by the way the new engine mounting gives me better engine responds.

parts replaced list.
2 pcs engine mounting, 1 pc up head engine gasket, 1pc Rear Diff Mounting.

Sam Hun

What was the bill like? :getyourfactsright: Breakdown pls. Need to change mine soon. :dunno:

Originally posted by spidey@Aug 3 2005, 06:06 PM
Sam Hun

What was the bill like? :getyourfactsright: Breakdown pls. Need to change mine soon. :dunno:
Spidey:
U might feel surprise with the new mounting :yes: trust me B)
These are the parts list here:
2 pcs engine mounting RM296
1 pc Rear diff mounting RM160
1 pc Upper head engine gasket RM 98
Total labour RM230
-------------------------------------------------------
Total: RM784 nett
-------------------------------------------------------

Changed sparkies : 4 units BOSCH Platin at RM31 each, plus RM10 installation.

Total: RM134.00

Originally posted by mini_jeff67@Aug 8 2005, 02:36 AM
Changed sparkies : 4 units BOSCH Platin at RM31 each, plus RM10 installation.

Total: RM134.00
Yikes. I paid RM75 per spark plug for original bmw spark plugs (platinum). It could well be BOSCH but in BMW packaging. Can someone confirm this cos it's a lot more to payt for different packaging! Incidentally, I also just learnt that BMW are selling Osram Cool Blue headlamp bulbs but in BMW packaging it's more expensive than in Osram packaging!

Was quoted BMW ori platinum plugs at RM80 each - asked to see the difference and was surprised to see that it was NGK plugs!

Stuttering problem solved! One of the hoses was leaking (no idea which one - forgot to ask! :rolleyes: ), so had it replaced and tuned. Damage RM280.

Then went to AB to buy some plugs for the door and dash trimmings - my trim fell out when Iwas driving! Lucky not when the wifey was driving!

Door trim plugs at RM3.00 each, 4 pcs for front door.
Dash trim plugs at RM2.45 each, 5 pcs.

Then got conned into buying a F1 junior cap at a heavily discounted price of RM45 (ori price RM135)

Originally posted by mini_jeff67@Aug 8 2005, 07:56 AM
Was quoted BMW ori platinum plugs at RM80 each - asked to see the difference and was surprised to see that it was NGK plugs!
Sorry guys. I gave misinformation earlier. My RM75 per piece spark plugs are in fact NGK which was in BMW packaging. It's also made of Iridium which I was told is better than Platinum. I think I should've settled for the Bosch Platinum at half the price!!

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Aug 8 2005, 11:58 AM
Incidentally, I also just learnt that BMW are selling Osram Cool Blue headlamp bulbs but in BMW packaging it's more expensive than in Osram packaging!
For all the advance lighting technology and promoting safety with the latest FIR for the 7-series, i'm surprised that BMW are stooping so low to offer something like this which can be hazardous to on coming traffic as well as driver himself.

front power window going to konk soon....

got kili kalak sound when winding up & down...damn it!!!

farking bmw technology!!!

New Rear absorber mounting changed price at RM96 both side and with labour RM30. Total RM126.

I met 2cents at Sunny Car Care this morning as I was doing alignment. Sadly, the guys there discovered my rear driver's bearing was "loose" but it turned out to be more serious cos my mekanik found the fault with the bearing hub. I had the other side's bearing hub re-machined for a fraction of the cost of new part of RM1,000. Now, the other side koyak and I might get it re-machine for less than RM200 but the hassle of being without my car for 2 days is such a drag!!!

So, please don't think me in the next 4-5 days, k!

Hey John, i get a humming sound from the rear, was told by AB that its the tyres...Am on Goodyear's 245's. Did your ride experience the same before you discovered the problem?

Originally posted by okow@Aug 14 2005, 10:07 AM
Hey John, i get a humming sound from the rear, was told by AB that its the tyres...Am on Goodyear's 245's. Did your ride experience the same before you discovered the problem?
Yup. Check if the sound is more pronounced at braking then it may be the bearings... :huh:

Originally posted by okow@Aug 14 2005, 05:07 AM
Usually Good Year tyres will give a 4WD sound to your car after 50% wear.

Top Bottom