E46 parts & maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
im also looking fr a recommended one.... but i hve spare rack from chopshop... mine has a very slight leak on one side..

Service/Repair Record:

May 09:
Rear Right Power Window - RM380
Labour - free

July 09:
Radiator Expansion Tank - RM300
Coolant : RM60
Labour charges : RM60
TOTAL : RM420

Repair done at EURO Auto in Kuching, Sarawak.

Hi All,

Question from newbies...

I have a problem with my fuel tank/pump/indicator [dont know the real problem] - Fuel finish when the indicator reach down at the 1st marker (supposedly 1/4 tank still available). As such, i will refuel everytime it almost reach the 1st marker and full tank is only RM70.

Anybody experiencing the same problem? Help...help...

Syah79;444659 said:
Hi All,

Question from newbies...

I have a problem with my fuel tank/pump/indicator [dont know the real problem] - Fuel finish when the indicator reach down at the 1st marker (supposedly 1/4 tank still available). As such, i will refuel everytime it almost reach the 1st marker and full tank is only RM70.

Better send to automobili or megabenz(or something like that) to check whats wrong before servicing. Let me know if you need any parts.

Syah79;444659 said:
Hi All,

Question from newbies...

Fro 1/4 tank to full tank, how much litre did you fill.

What model and year is your ride. Normally E46 should be 60 litres.

if you divide RM70/1.8, you are filling only 38 litres. Something is wrong. Most probably your second half of the tank is not used. check the equalizing piping from the passenger to driver side.

Basically, your petrol tank is divided into half by a divider (to allow the exhaust pipe to pass thru). The fuel pump is located on the right side (driver side). Petrol is siphon from the left side via a tubing. It could be choked up.

BMW parts catalog

Hi EmKay46, how do you know steering has free play?

Ex. Park my car & set the steering straight. just apply a bit of force toward left & right, the steering can turn clock & anti clockwise for about 2inches. I can tell the tyre is not moving, just only the steering can swing left & right freely. Does this consider as free play?

Thanks.

morning n salam :dontknow::dontknow::dontknow::dontknow:eek:rg baru...
maintanence untuk e46 1.9 cam ner yer
otai2 tolong bagi panduan ..thanks...

Brake Turbo Pump..(or not)

This morning when I parked my car suddenly my brake become so hard to press. (the same feel if you step on the brake pedal when the engine is off)

Went to the bengkel, they said Brake Turbo Pump kong. need to change that costs RM1400 (RM1200 part + RM200 labour).

Have to drive super damn slow because in order to get the car to stop i have to step both feet on the pedal and push down real hard. herghhhh...anybody ever experience this? could it be something else?

soti9802;5239 said:
mine is e46 318I. DUNNO cheap or expensive. this is the bill i got last week. after the service i called autobavaria for auto oil information. the service advisor said auto oil no need to change, it's life. :blink: dunno it's true or what...!

HIREV 9000 FULL SYNTETIC IOL (4L) = 155.00
OIL FILTER (1QTY) = 35.00
SPARK PLUG (4QTY) = 152.00
AUTO TRANSMISSION OIL (7QTY) = 364.00
AUTO GASKET (1QTY) = 155.00
AUTO FILTER (1QTY) = 165.00
ALTERNATOR BELT (ORI) (1QTY) = 205.00
AIR COND BELT (ORI) (1QTY) = 145
COVER FLAME (2QTY) =36

Hi,

What type of engine do you owned? e46 318 1.9 or 2.0..?if you own 2.0 n42 engine we only have one belt and cost about RM50 -60 only (bavarian auto).

Regards.

hi there,
i am new owner of BMW e46 2002 model. my gear transmision indictor panel light is not working. Do i need
change the whole panel or replace only the bulb. where can i get this parts? AB recomends change whole panels. can i only
change the defective bulb only? pls advise

gear indicator panel

hi there,
i am new owner of BMW e46 2002 model. my gear transmision indictor panel light is not working. Do i need
change the whole panel or replace only the bulb. where can i get this parts? AB recomends change whole panels. can i only
change the defective bulb? pls advise

george subra;451214 said:
hi there,
change the defective bulb? pls advise

Bro, is your bulb faulty or your fuse blown?

You can do a test for your Instrument cluster by the following procedure:-

1. press the "Trip reset" button and holding it, turn the ignition key to position "1".
2. release the trip reset button when the display shown test.
3. press the "Trip Reset" again to shown test 2 or something like that.
4. It will light up all the LED and swing the analog meter to maximum.

if the position light up, chances is that the gear shift switch is faulty rather than the LED display.

PS.. this thread is for parts and maintenance. Please start a new thread to discuss your problem.

just 2 months in my hand. e46 318i 2.0 2002

1. top overhaul RM 2800
2. alternator RM 800 (2nd)
3. fan belt RM150
4. VVT Servo motor RM980 (2nd)
5. Pulse generator, camshaft x 2 nos RM 380 (2nd)
6. Oil filter RM50
7. engine oil RM99
8. Labour cost RM380
9. towing RM180

total rm 5250

i have another 106 months left to pay installment. if i can turning back,,, for sure i go to new car like honda or toyota

Top Bottom