E46 parts & maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
My bos's wife changed it early this year, cost her RM300++ if I'm not mistaken

zeedo;364565 said:
My bos's wife changed it early this year, cost her RM300++ if I'm not mistaken

Hi Zeedo ...thanks for the info...do you know which shop that she went to.

Place to service

Hi all,

FYI - I just bought 2004 318i and this is my first time using BMW car. I want to know where you guys send your car for service . I'm staying at Cheras and looking the place that giving reasonable price. As a new comer in BMW world , I will be happy if you guys can share some infos that I need to know about my car.

Thanks.:wink:

I went to MSpeed once, replaced lower arm RM 1,400 perset. Checked at BMbenz autoparts, its only half price. Serik....

zulkifli;366121 said:
I went to MSpeed once, replaced lower arm RM 1,400 perset. Checked at BMbenz autoparts, its only half price. Serik....

Are u sure can get half price? as i know the market price for lower arm is around rm1400 like that..

there are two types of the lower arms now. One is lemforder which the bushings cannot be replaced. the other i believe is Meyle or something like that. I hope I don't get mixed up with kitchen appliances. Haha... this one you can change the bushings without changing the arms.

they have pretty significant difference in prices. the lemforder one is about RM1,400 per set.

kshapawi;365492 said:
Just changed my camsharf position sensor today. Total damage RM280 + Labour.

Changed again the same sensor with Ori one...the one that Kenny changed last 1 week spoil and since OEM no warranty. total damage: Rm 380 + labour.

Ultimately Ori + OEM = RM 660.

My advice to others...please get the ORI one instead of OEM.

OEM- Original Equipment Manufacturer .... Ori is original so actually why is it OEM doesn't hv warranty by the manufacturer? isn't OEM means the same company that supplies d parts to BMW i.e MAHLE, LEMFOEDER SACHS and etc?

B33mEr;367479 said:
OEM- Original Equipment Manufacturer .... Ori is original so actually why is it OEM doesn't hv warranty by the manufacturer? isn't OEM means the same company that supplies d parts to BMW i.e MAHLE, LEMFOEDER SACHS and etc?

I'm not too sure bro...maybe some Sifu here can advice.

Oil Sump level sensor RM250.00
Conti ribbeb belt 6Pk1870 RM 56.00
Gearbox filter element RM 75.00
Gearbox pan gasket RM 110.00
BeHr aluminium radiator RM 680.00
R/left window lifter RM 200.00

My engine is N42

04-Oct-08:
Radiator - rm795
Expansion tank - rm295
Radiator panel - rm248
Thermostat - rm245