This is a bad month for me.

1. Water pump - 195
2. Rank case vent valve - 250
3. Radiator coolant - 35
4. Bulb, head lamp - 30
5. 12c 3w bulb - 3.5
Labor - 140
Total 653.50

Daan, you call that a bad month :)))). It sounds like Child's play. You could have gotten an OEM water pump (for the windshield wiper tank>?) at RM120. It's a non critical component.

A bad month is when your ECU dies on you, or when your Air Flow Mass decideds to call it a day, back seat passenger window goes bust on you, symptoms which alot of forummers have experienced....

jus got my udm today, i checked the service record the owner service it every 10k km, im about to send my udm for servicing, pls advise what i need to change and any recomended worksyop ? what are the prices like

previously the owner changed
Engine Oil
Front Brake Pads
Power steering fluid
Oil filter
Aircond fan belt
o-ring
2 Rear Tyres

Impulse;204247 said:
Hi Tank 34,

This is purely a metal to metal contact and different metals have different coefficient rate of expansion and contraction. Overtime,oil will just seep thru.
There are many definition of leaks i.e patches,seeping,wetness or running leaks.I done a very simple experiment to confirmed the oil leak. .Just thoroughly clean up your car porch floor of oil stain,then park your car on it overnight and the next morning, look at the floor for any tell tale signs of oil.So far, mine is o.k.and save me Rm600 for the gasket. Another way is to check your dipstick every 5k miles and see how much oil you need to add.

BMW recommend to change the engine oil at every 25k! I think not in our kind of Hot and Humid climate. I prefer to change oil at every 12k and use Castrol magnatec semi syn to do the job. A 4 litre Castrol full syn cos Rm150! but the semi
syn cos somewhere from Rm70. After all I am going to change oil at 12k,no need to pay Rm300 for the full syn.

Hope all SiFus and brudders enjoy reading my threads here.
Any info and suggestion are most welcome.

Impulse, am not too convince about the "don't replace gasket" theory of yours. It makes some sense to a certain extent. I had a problem with oil leaks 2 months back and I replaced the block head gasket and the oil sump gaskets to stop the leak.

You are right that if it does not leak too badly then it's ok. However, I just don't think it is wise to leave it that way. The leaks could become worse and that could result in low oil in enginer then overheating.... the list goes on. It's not expensive to replace those 'O' Rings, seals gasket....

cas;205660 said:
jus got my udm today, i checked the service record the owner service it every 10k km, im about to send my udm for servicing, pls advise what i need to change and any recomended worksyop ? what are the prices like

previously the owner changed
Engine Oil
Front Brake Pads
Power steering fluid
Oil filter
Aircond fan belt
o-ring
2 Rear Tyres

Cas, welcom to the club. Please specify the mileage of the car, type (325i or 318i?) and the production year to allow us to provide input.

From the looks of your list. It looks like the standard servicing has been done. You should definitely go to a reliable workshop to check out the rest (you can PM to get recommended workshop). Some things you may want to look out for are the ignition coils, if it is still the Original Bremi ones, do seriously consider changing to the OEM Bosch for reliability sake. Otherwise, depending on mileage, Transmission fluid change (approx 60,000km) and the Expansion tank (at about 65,000km).

tank34;205680 said:
Cas, welcom to the club. Please specify the mileage of the car, type (325i or 318i?) and the production year to allow us to provide input.

From the looks of your list. It looks like the standard servicing has been done. You should definitely go to a reliable workshop to check out the rest (you can PM to get recommended workshop). Some things you may want to look out for are the ignition coils, if it is still the Original Bremi ones, do seriously consider changing to the OEM Bosch for reliability sake. Otherwise, depending on mileage, Transmission fluid change (approx 60,000km) and the Expansion tank (at about 65,000km).

thanks bro
the milage now is 153000
type 318i
make 1999

btw what is expansion tank ?

Just changed my radiator expansion tank after hearing about 2 friend who had tanks going bust while driving in the last month. Since I'm already in the 60k mileage range, I decided not to take the risk and change mine early.

Here's the damage:

Tank - RM225
Cap - RM40
Thermostat - RM195
Workmanship - RM80

I got mine done at the H @ Old Klang Road.

I feel it is a bit high coz i know some ppl who have done it for much cheaper at USJ. Since this was my usual workshop, I just changed it here. Might consider trying other places in the future.

Cheers
Chief

Send my car for service again, this had proven to be a very bad month.

1. All 4 brake pad plus labor - RM 484.00

Did at my regular mechanic place in Kuching.

chief;208849 said:
Just changed my radiator expansion tank after hearing about 2 friend who had tanks going bust while driving in the last month. Since I'm already in the 60k mileage range, I decided not to take the risk and change mine early.

Here's the damage:

Tank - RM225
Cap - RM40
Thermostat - RM195
Workmanship - RM80

I got mine done at the H @ Old Klang Road.

I feel it is a bit high coz i know some ppl who have done it for much cheaper at USJ. Since this was my usual workshop, I just changed it here. Might consider trying other places in the future.

Cheers
Chief

Hey Chief,

the price of the tank seems cheap enough, is it Original BMW part? Anyways, when I changed mine at M-Speed recently, I did not remember "replacing" the cap on it. But total damange was RM300 (All inclusive), which is typical M-Speed, he always gives u an all in price so you get the see all the costs without any hidden.

For that price, it was only for the tank and labour. I watched the whole process and it looked very easy to change. I also saw a wire connected to the tank which must be the thermostat that you also replaced. Strange, I would have thot M-Speed might have suggested that I replaced that too but he did not. So there is at least 2 things in your list that may not have required replacement, the cap and thermostat.

For the labour effort, it's not as long as replacing control arms or brake pads/disc, relatively easy. So RM80 seems high to me at least, looked more like a RM50 job, but that should be the least of our worries.

H prices are relatively higher compared to M-speed....but slightly cheaper than AB...

My ABS rear left side koyak.
Repair at ST Power in Klang cost me bout RM 570 inclusive labour

mini_jeff67;205452 said:
Daan, when u gonna introduce me to the new girl?
What new girl? the one at the mechanic? she took so much money from me this month I think we actually knows me now.

hie guys ... ive just joined the CLUB ...currently driving e36 and a e46 318 ...

ive realised the e46 has starting problems sometimes ... u turn the ignition and it dies off right after ... is it a normal occurence or is there something i can do about it ?

typeojayz;209748 said:
hie guys ... ive just joined the CLUB ...currently driving e36 and a e46 318 ...

ive realised the e46 has starting problems sometimes ... u turn the ignition and it dies off right after ... is it a normal occurence or is there something i can do about it ?
bro, u posted in the wrong section, kindly introduce yourself in the newbies section so we can know u more and help u out. btw, this tread might help, have a look
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9322&highlight=idling+valve

Spart part & service at Mperformance PJ kelana

Hi all

I am newbie here driving e46 318,2.0 02/03 , i did my services at kelana jaya M-Performance as follow

Problem-Water leaking
75-connector
45-themostat seal ring
45-water pump profile gasket
110-water hose
590-water pump(original BMW)
112-power steering hose
380-water hose exp tank to themostat
150-labour
435-power window braket(driver side)+labour
435-front door rubber +labour

total =RM2377

is this reasonable ?

last month service at bandar sunway Future MB automobile sdn bhd
720-4 units of ignition coil N42
184-4 units spark plug 871 328 E46

yesterday batteri koyak another Rm280 GP baterri

want to cry on servicing walau!

where is newbie section?

yoyo;211059 said:
Hi all

I am newbie here driving e46 318,2.0 02/03 , i did my services at kelana jaya M-Performance as follow

Problem-Water leaking
75-connector
45-themostat seal ring
45-water pump profile gasket
110-water hose
590-water pump(original BMW)
112-power steering hose
380-water hose exp tank to themostat
150-labour
435-power window braket(driver side)+labour
435-front door rubber +labour

total =RM2377

is this reasonable ?

last month service at bandar sunway Future MB automobile sdn bhd
720-4 units of ignition coil N42
184-4 units spark plug 871 328 E46

yesterday batteri koyak another Rm280 GP baterri

want to cry on servicing walau!

where is newbie section?
welcome to the world of banyak makan wang
http://www.bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/tags/newbies/

Ok forummers, my ride is a E46 325i 2001 model and today done my first visit to M Speed Ah Meng. After doing much research, I have decided to get M Speed to do an ATF change on my car (mileage approx 70K), so that was the initial intention. The overall experience was kinda pleasant (except for a screw-up). Ah Meng knows his stuff very well and gives personalised service. In addition to changing ATF, there is also a bit of noise coming from the undercarriage when i go over bumps. After Ah Meng test drove my car, he recommended to change the front lower arm and the engine mounting, saying that the rubber joints had worn off. So that was done. When the car was almost complete, he did a diagnostic check and the computer seemed to suggest that my pulse generator (aka camshaft sensor) is also faulty. That was also changed. After all this was done, i reversed that car and test drove it just around his shop and when i reached back at the workshop, my ATF was leaking profusely from the car...... the floor was wet literally with my ATF (this is the screw-up). Apparently the dude who changed the ATF didn't connect back one of the hose properly, so when i test drove the car (thank god for that), the ATF came gushing out. So my first reaction was will that damage the gearbox? Well Ah Meng assured me that it'll not damage the gearbox since its only a

Hey Whalesith,

sorry to hear about that Cock-up. It's disappointing to hear this when I'm quite a staunch support of MSpeed, and yes, it is Mandatory to always test drive the car whenever you do ANY sort of service with any workshop. You should definitely have given Ah-Meng an earful for that cockup, just go ahead and "tiew" or "Laan" them y'know :))). It's not acceptable. It was probably a fault from one of his "Juniors" and these guys need a good scolding every now and then to keep them on their toes.

Did my ATF change in Feb2007 and experienced the same improvements, smoother gear changes, from the downshifts to power thrusting.

Also, u got a good price on the lower arms.. I paid 1,400. R u sure u only paid 1,100???

Top Bottom