E46 parts & maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
brought MIKO to clinic at 830am

raining tuesday morning ....

the diagnostic show :

driver site tensioner error:

resistant too high

so sifu confirm the cable (or sensor) below the drive seat need to be changed.

order the cable (rm220) there are 2 portion

the upper portion is connected to the belt tensioner

the lower portion is connected to the base of the seat cable

only the upper portion cable is changed

the lower portion is kept by myself

LABOUR + Diagno + Reset = RM30

total damange RM250

:beaten: :ph34r:

:beaten: :beaten: :aggressive: :aggressive: :beaten:

Ouch ouch I feel the pain too. Sorry to hear that bro.

Btw any warranty for the replaced General Module V? Sounds like an electronic part.

Originally posted by valkryie@Jun 20 2006, 05:23 PM
:beaten: :beaten: :aggressive: :aggressive: :beaten:

Ouch ouch I feel the pain too. Sorry to hear that bro.

Btw any warranty for the replaced General Module V? Sounds like an electronic part.
Yup, it's a device that controls 29 electrical relays of the bmw.

chk with my mech on the warranty issue...

the parts are sourced from Bavarian Auto Parts here in Subang Jaya, hence it does'nt even come with a warranty for it!

further points to note include :

Latest changed : BMW E46 325 SMG 2002, CKD and E60 2004/2005

others to include e46 models from year 1999 to 2000..wear n tear, i.e.lifespan 5-6 yrs.

ok, this is my new repair cost at M-speed USJ

1)expansion tank thermostat - 155
2)radiator casing bracket - 245
3)gear box oii cooler- 600
4) radiator coolant (BMW) x 2 - 50
labour cost for item 1-4 = 50

5) accelerator cable - 110
6) radiator & labour - 680
7) delkor MF Din 85 - 450

total damage - 2340

!#$@#$ nabehhhhhh......... (roti another 1 month)

this month bro mouse & me makan roti canai and teh tarik only.....

M-Speed must start giving VIP cards to us regulars...i.e. Free Service of engine oil for every 5 visits!

what say u bro mouse?

Originally posted by NKTOB@Jun 21 2006, 05:36 PM
this month bro mouse & me makan roti canai and teh tarik only.....

M-Speed must start giving VIP cards to us regulars...i.e. Free Service of engine oil for every 5 visits!

what say u bro mouse?
next time we go together give him your proposal see what he say

We all makan roti canai after a hefty repair bill. There goes the burgers. :beaten:

did my inspection 1 at AB and it costs RM 1200.00. Satisfied with the level of service but a bit sad about the cost. it seems that the cost of lube oil had gone up by 11% and then they re-programmed the SMG to the updated version and the norm stuff to change. If u were to send the car to outside, do they check all as per the service manual as i had a friend who says his inspection1 costs only rm 600 and they do not chk all as per the manual. curious to know lah.

Originally posted by mhkamil1@Jun 22 2006, 11:04 AM
did my inspection 1 at AB and it costs RM 1200.00. Satisfied with the level of service but a bit sad about the cost. it seems that the cost of lube oil had gone up by 11% and then they re-programmed the SMG to the updated version and the norm stuff to change. If u were to send the car to outside, do they check all as per the service manual as i had a friend who says his inspection1 costs only rm 600 and they do not chk all as per the manual. curious to know lah.
wah...RM1200 for Inspection I???...thats way too steep bro....btw, just wondering what did they change?...maybe some details?...

bro, not spare tank ler ...it's that big black 2ft x 1.5ft radiator that cost me 680. I changed b4 the spare tank 380 and thermostat 160 more than a year ago in mspeed too ...that time swearing upside down, ex-proton also no explode expansion tank :huh:

Just replaced my expansion tank (original + labour) for RM300 yesterday. The mechanic is currently working in AB, he did it outside office hour. His workshop is in kepong.

They changed the norm like lube oil, filter, a/c filter, a few bulbs, etc... The heavy load was the lube oil then the programmed for the SMG. Both cost me about 60% of the impact. Then a/c filter is about rm 220.

Originally posted by leonard@Jun 23 2006, 09:55 PM
Just replaced my expansion tank (original + labour) for RM300 yesterday. The mechanic is currently working in AB, he did it outside office hour. His workshop is in kepong.
do you change thermostat ?

Originally posted by wks+Jun 26 2006, 11:00 PM-->

do you change thermostat ?
i dun think the price is inclusive of thermostat, coz if 300 with thermostat its damm cheap that cannot get anywhere else

Top Bottom