E46 parts & maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
today replaced radiator at ah meng usj, cost RM680 + RM20 labor. Also change the accelerator throttle cable for RM100 ...now gas pedal soft-soft and smooth-smooth, previously quite tight and heavy to depress pedal...

Originally posted by leakwoon@Jun 6 2006, 07:47 PM
put there 1 day

n ask them test kao kao

:D
bro leakwoon...finally manage to purchase my bimmer....320i....so, where do you advice me to send my car for my 1st inspection....mileage is 49k...no tampered tampered one....heh heh...thnks...

Originally posted by wks@Jun 7 2006, 09:05 PM
have sent my car to workshop in tmn mayang PJ today, so far so good, the charges as below:
1. cover plate RM80.00
2. fuel filter RM220.00 (additional work)
3. hose clip RM5.00
4. radiator coolant original RM45.00
5. labour charge RM80.00
TOTAL RM430.00
up to date the coolant light did't on.
spare tank broken when the way to genting and need to tow to my mechanic in tmn mayang on 8/6/06 and back to genting again after change the spare tank, the charges as below :
1 expension tank (spare tank) RM380.00
1 thermostat RM210.00
1 original coolant RM45.00
Labour charges RM50.00
TOTAL CHARGES RM685.00

so far no more coolant light on.

Originally posted by ylkhor@Jun 9 2006, 12:40 AM
today replaced radiator at ah meng usj, cost RM680 + RM20 labor. Also change the accelerator throttle cable for RM100 ...now gas pedal soft-soft and smooth-smooth, previously quite tight and heavy to depress pedal...
i changed my spare tank only cost RM380.00, why your so expensive ? is it including thermostat which located bottom of spare tank ?

Originally posted by vinson@Jun 6 2006, 04:12 PM
Fuel Pump (original Siemens VDO) NEW RM 400 
Adjustor valve on the manifold NEW RM 550 
+1 dented sport rim RM 45 
Vinson,

Sorry to hear about your high repair bills. Btw How did you managed to dent a standard 16 inch sports rim? :blink:

I fear for your future 18 inch sports rim

Originally posted by fire@Jun 6 2006, 05:53 PM
Car aircon on the driver side not cold, but passenger side are cool sent for checking & re-fill the Gas..RM95(gas) + RM28(leak detector)..RM123 burn...v
Fire,

Which workshop did u go? Seems funny that gas will leak out.
BTW, what is a leak dectator?

Changed more parts...more for a just in case after getting some advice from bmwcar2. Many thanks bmwcar2. I was told by bmwcar that these parts will wear out when it reaches the 5 years mark...so better change. Dun want water drooling from my car in the middle of a traffic jam.

Camshaft sensor RM 348
Thermostat RM 140
Expansion Tank RM 230
Coolant (Merc punya) RM 35

Another dent in the pocket :beaten:

Originally posted by vinson@Jun 15 2006, 11:16 AM
Changed more parts...more for a just in case after getting some advice from bmwcar2. Many thanks bmwcar2. I was told by bmwcar that these parts will wear out when it reaches the 5 years mark...so better change. Dun want water drooling from my car in the middle of a traffic jam.

Camshaft sensor RM 348
Thermostat RM 140
Expansion Tank RM 230
Coolant (Merc punya) RM 35

Another dent in the pocket :beaten:
vinson, is these part are original ? because i changed few day ago in tmn mayang, PJ the mechanic charged me as below or can refer my thread :
Thermostat RM220
Expansion Tank RM330
Coolant BMW RM45
the mechanic told me the part are original, but my price much expensive with your one.

The parts are original alright. My mechanic orders the parts from Bavarian Auto. And I always stand by my princess side as she goes through the operation theatre. As always, I will always see what they transfer inside. Will pm you my contact. Anyway...we both got dented pockets. :beaten:

sifus out there pls help! My car seems to idle a little bit when i stop at traffic lights and the engine died 2 times b4 when the car stopped but everything seems ok when i start the engine again...went to mech for diagno...no errors shown...wats the problems with my car??

Originally posted by `g0tHic`@Jun 16 2006, 04:11 AM
sifus out there pls help! My car seems to idle a little bit when i stop at traffic lights and the engine died 2 times b4 when the car stopped but everything seems ok when i start the engine again...went to mech for diagno...no errors shown...wats the problems with my car??
do u have difficulty in starting the car? (4 or 5 crank only can start). If u have this problem, i think u have a clogged idling valve. anyway bro, u should start a new topic or try searching for similar post coz this is for list of parts and maintenance

Hi there..

Nobody mentioned about Bosch Wiper Blades @ RM170... which is quite a shock to me.

Originally posted by bibendum@Jun 16 2006, 09:02 AM
Hi there..

Nobody mentioned about Bosch Wiper Blades @ RM170... which is quite a shock to me.
Bibendum,

Bosch will shine your glass since it so sharp... :D

Originally posted by bibendum@Jun 16 2006, 09:02 AM
Hi there..

Is it the Bosch Super Plus made in Belgium? I just got them for my E46 for RM150/set which i think is already shocking!!

Just got my car back from workshop yesterday after doing quite a few maintenance and repairs on them.

Will post them up soon once i get all the breakdowns and prices on the things changed.

Originally posted by leakwoon@Jun 16 2006, 10:29 AM
I m using dura Edge Silicone

so far so good :)
same with me, but i only purchase the refill from Brother accessories in PJ uptown for RM 60 including installation recommended by tank34

Top Bottom