E46 parts & maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Just got my lube changed to Castrol Edge 5w-40 + oil filter = RM168.00

accelerator cable = RM100.00

Found out that he's doing a promotion :

Promotion package from M Speed (USJ) :
First come first serve basis :

1.) 10 sets of lower arm (front) + bush = RM1300/pair + installation! 6 months warranty, one for one swap!

2.) 4 cyclinders (4 litres) Castrol Edge 5W-40 fully synthetic = RM168.00 + oil filter + resetting + full GT1 diagnostic

3.) 6 cyclinders (7 litres) Castrol Edge 5W-40 fully synthetic = RM298.00 + oil filter + resetting + full GT1 diagnostic

(the lube promo are for 1 mth from now)

4.) Expansion Tank (first 30 cars) = RM268.00 + installation

....sounds like a good deal!

cheers!
(trying the new engine oil now.....seems quiet though

Finally, after much seeking, i popped in into Heritage last week to do my Inspection I service....total cost RM1400 inclusive of changing my expansion tank....FYI, my mileage at this moment is 51000km....will provide details later...

today, my rear and passenger rear window want bonkers...klik klang klik klang and klik kaboomm.....aiyaaa....before buying the car last week, i chechk almost everything that i can think offf BUT forgot about the ever-so-famous BMW cum Waja power window broke down..ARGHHHH...manage to coax the car dealer to fork in half of the cost....more details to come...

nobody did actually answer my questions on schedule maintenance. Do outside workshop inspection covers all work as per the service booklet or they only change the oil, filter and re-setting the mileage unless u complaint about this and that. Do u know that u need to replaced your a/c filter (charcoal) at every service internal? if not your a/c will give u problem in the future. I chk and it is adviseable to do so. any comments?

Originally posted by mhkamil1@Jun 27 2006, 12:33 PM
nobody did actually answer my questions on schedule maintenance. Do outside workshop inspection covers all work as per the service booklet or they only change the oil, filter and re-setting the mileage unless u complaint about this and that. Do u know that u need to replaced your a/c filter (charcoal) at every service internal? if not your a/c will give u problem in the future. I chk and it is adviseable to do so. any comments?
is the a/c filter = microfilter?

Originally posted by NKTOB@Jun 27 2006, 09:38 AM
Just got my lube changed to Castrol Edge 5w-40 + oil filter = RM168.00

accelerator cable = RM100.00

Found out that he's doing a promotion :

Promotion package from M Speed (USJ) :
First come first serve basis :

1.) 10 sets of lower arm (front) + bush = RM1300/pair + installation! 6 months warranty, one for one swap!

2.) 4 cyclinders (4 litres) Castrol Edge 5W-40 fully synthetic = RM168.00 + oil filter + resetting + full GT1 diagnostic

3.) 6 cyclinders (7 litres) Castrol Edge 5W-40 fully synthetic = RM298.00 + oil filter + resetting + full GT1 diagnostic

(the lube promo are for 1 mth from now)

4.) Expansion Tank (first 30 cars) = RM268.00 + installation

....sounds like a good deal!

cheers!
(trying the new engine oil now.....seems quiet though
Yup, i just change a pair of lower arm for 1300 (Lemforder brand, inclusive of bushes and workmanship in M-speed, now my klok..klok sound gone already. next 2 month banana x 3 meal/day. the expansion tank damm cheap @ 268, thought of buying one and keep :D

Originally posted by mhkamil1@Jun 27 2006, 12:33 PM
i got this from one of the site (but cant remember the address) for recommended changes interval
1) air filter- 12-24K miles
2) microfilter - 30 K miles
3) fuel filter - 12K miles
4) oil filter - 4K miles

Hello braders.......I just got my new E46. just wondering, what brand or the best oil for the transmission? Thanks..... ;)

Originally posted by sya_one@Jun 28 2006, 11:44 AM
Hello braders.......I just got my new E46. just wondering, what brand or the best oil for the transmission? Thanks..... ;)
congrats on ur new udm...

chk the ATF thread for the type of gear oil...it's there.

as a club tradition, all newbies are required to introduce themselves @ the newbie section...

just to get a wam welcome from fellow forumrunners and for u to get to know them too.... :D

just changed my radiator coolant..from my mech

bmw original coolant 3 litres = RM50.00 + labour

:D cool drive now :D

tyre balancing x 4 = 7/piece = RM 28
alignment front = RM 20
alignment rear = RM 20

tyrezone in tmn. megah pj (same row with fatty crab but tyrezone is at the other end, first corner shop near the junction with traffic light). its slightly expensive, but very professional n detail work done, and i am satisfy and will go back to them.

These are my details after servicing with Heritage...

Mileage: 51000k Yr: 2001 Model: 320i Jap Unreg

Parts
1. Oil Filter: RM40.00

2. Fan Belt: RM175.00

3. Micro Filter: RM180.00

4. Power Steering Hose: RM115.00

5. Hose Clip: RM5.00

6. Tensional Bearing: RM150.00

7. Idle Bearing: RM75.00

8. Expansion Tank: RM310.00 (need not change the termostat)

9. Hi Rev 9050 8 Litre: RM320.00

10. Labor: RM80.00

Total: RM1,450

Then, a week later Power Window cable snapped....RM470 inclusive of labor...

Overall damage for one week...RM1920.... :blink:

did a axle oil change in kanak-kanak auto

1)redline 75w140NS x 2 bottle = RM 125 (around 0.95 litre/bottle)
2)labour = RM 30

only need about 1.1 - 1.2 litre of axle oil, unfortunately still need to buy 2 bottle and have almost 1 full bottle left

u are using Hi-Rev lube oil for your UDM. how sure are u on quality? how often u change your oil eg. 20k, 15k ???? the price for the parts are cheaper than AB and i assume they are all ori??

I'm not spared. Just complained to E46F I got engine oil leaking and my valve gasket needs to be replaced. The hoses on my power steering are also leaking a bit and my mechanic recommended changing the radiator hose cos oil stains tend to erode that hose prematurely. I'm not sure what the damage is going to be. I was also told Energy's power steering pump kaput-ed recently and that costed a bomb to replace. Well, as E46F said, our E46s are falling apart after 4 years plus! My mechanic did replace a faulty rear brake bulb FOC though cos according to him I was turning pale!

Originally posted by Juan Powerblow@Jul 1 2006, 07:20 PM
I'm not spared. Just complained to E46F I got engine oil leaking and my valve gasket needs to be replaced. The hoses on my power steering are also leaking a bit and my mechanic recommended changing the radiator hose cos oil stains tend to erode that hose prematurely. I'm not sure what the damage is going to be. I was also told Energy's power steering pump kaput-ed recently and that costed a bomb to replace. Well, as E46F said, our E46s are falling apart after 4 years plus! My mechanic did replace a faulty rear brake bulb FOC though cos according to him I was turning pale!
Just changed my PS hose, less than 150bucks......forgot about the actual price coz receipt left in the car ;)

Originally posted by avictar@Jun 30 2006, 09:24 AM
These are my details after servicing with Heritage...

Mileage: 51000k Yr: 2001 Model: 320i Jap Unreg

Parts
1. Oil Filter: RM40.00

2. Fan Belt: RM175.00

3. Micro Filter: RM180.00

4. Power Steering Hose: RM115.00

5. Hose Clip: RM5.00

6. Tensional Bearing: RM150.00

7. Idle Bearing: RM75.00

8. Expansion Tank: RM310.00 (need not change the termostat)

9. Hi Rev 9050 8 Litre: RM320.00

10. Labor: RM80.00

Total: RM1,450

Then, a week later Power Window cable snapped....RM470 inclusive of labor...

Overall damage for one week...RM1920.... :blink:
I feel for you brother. Something i wished that i had married a kampung girl instead of a hig maintanance super model.

told the same thing to my brother....he was asking why on earth do you want to buy a bimmer and be shouldering all the expensive maintenance...told him abt the kampung and model girl version lah.... :) ....somewhere somehow we all go nyanyuk after willing to spend tons of money maintaining our 'babes' when we all know it is 'draining' us dry but yet we keep on draining after draining and still not blink an eye... :blink:

Top Bottom