E46 parts & maintenance

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Originally posted by daan+Jun 14 2006, 04:11 PM
Car aircon on the driver side not cold, but passenger side are cool sent for checking & re-fill the Gas..RM95(gas) + RM28(leak detector)..RM123 burn...v

Fire,

Which workshop did u go? Seems funny that gas will leak out.
BTW, what is a leak dectator? [/b]
The gas are not leak out..it just tht the gas has reach low level..so whn you have very low gas inside the cylinder, the blower are not cool which are on the driver side due to aircon piping which is near the heat element in the engine compartment . due to insufficient gas, the air blow out is a bit humid and not cold..if comparing on the passenger side, the piping is not near the heat element tht why it is cold...leak detector basically is a liquid(flouresent green color, very small bottle) been mix together with the gas upon refill to enable the technican to troubleshoot your aircon. with leak detector, you don't have to leave your car overnight for them to dismantle everything on your aircon just to test whether it is leaking or not...you just drive & if it is cold, then there are no leakage, if still not cold, then there is a leakage...2 notice improvement after visit the aircon mechanic..1. the coldness are improved way better, mean very cold after tht..2.No more chirp chirp sound, which previously very annoying as .this "burung" keep on harping on you during drive..Now the aircon are very silent no more sound...

The name of the aircon shop is " U need Aircon" located at Ellis Road.

Nice and interesting name of shop :yahoo:

Very original. Like Chubby's burger time.

gothic, i think u can chk the vacum hose next to the fuel rail, just change mine due to high FC hope this help, read on other forum this may be the cause of your problem..as well

Originally posted by mini_jeff67@Jun 16 2006, 11:45 PM
Bro Fire, which part of Ellis Rd? The shops or workshop one?
located in the middle of ellis road..the one you see with lots of nissan van or Renault Kangoo stockyard..it is not a shop. more like a store or workshop..reliable service as they are AB contractor..so thy know what they r doing & for BMW car, they are very experience

I never contribute much on this section, now here the list. service in M-seed USJ

1) Blower setting & labour - 350
2) Fan belt - 55
3) belt tensioner - 150
4) water hose -138
5) fan belt bearing - 65
6) oil filter - 30
7) coolant (original bmw) -26
8) window regulator - 380
9) thermostat - 190
10) suction unit & labour - 500
11) ignition switch & labour - 200

Mouse...sorry to hear your damage man. But I changed my thermostat at MSP for RM 140.

MSP Auto is at No 19 Jalan SS 25/41, Taman Mayang Industrial Park, Taman Mayang, 47301, Petaling Jaya. :yahoo:

On LDP, leaving from Taman Tun Dr Ismail, make a U-turn under the overhead bridge before Giant. Then take the 2nd left turn where you see a large billboard (cannot remember what billboard due to the frequency of the ads changing). You will see a large Supercab workshop on your left. Go further up and you will see MSP. :yahoo:

Chubby, if you need help, call me. :yahoo:

i think is the loop/sensor on the front seat lah my brother car got the same problem coz fabric for most jap spec,

fren what u do on the front seat until air bag also on..... 2 not enough ah.................. :D :D :D

Common problem. During warranty, I replaced the air bag sensor under the driver's seat too. Due to numerous adjustment of the seat - back and forth - the plug tends to get disconnected and the cable tends to break.

Check connection...if fail, sad to say that you have to replace you air bag sensor.
:beaten:
The function of the sensor is to ensure sufficient weight is on the seat for the air bag to explode. It is a safety function. For example, if you have a baby chair with a baby on the seat and the seat belt in place...the sensor is suppose to tell the airbag NOT to trigger as there is insufficient weight to be an adult in the seat. :yahoo:

In simple words...it is to prevent suffocation of your baby in the baby chair. :yahoo:

At M Speed this morning.....

Parts changed :

Fuel pump, fuel filter + labour = RM500.00

O2 sensor (Bosch) + labour = RM450.00

ZKE General Module V = RM1950.00

(electronic control module that oversee 29 electric relays to include windows, alarm, immobilizer, interior lights, radio, central locking etc)

+ reprogramming on module V and central locking...
+ cleaning of actuator valve and vent valve

total repair costs = RM2900.00

Originally posted by NKTOB@Jun 19 2006, 02:28 PM

Parts changed :

(electronic control module that oversee 29 electric relays to include windows, alarm, immobilizer, interior lights, radio, central locking etc)

F**K!!!!!

Whats the lifespan of the Module???

S**t!

rm2900......what is this relay thingy.......NKTOB, what were the symthoms of this very expensive part failing....

wow!

Originally posted by popeadrian+Jun 19 2006, 02:35 PM[/i

Parts changed :

F**K!!!!!

Whats the lifespan of the Module??? [/b][/quote]

whn running the DVI., at the ZKE General Module V section, it'll check all of the 29 relays......

any one of them relay kaput, will show up as FAULTY in the DVI..

(mine, the central locking kaput...no way i hope to just change THAT relay.)

so, lifespan? honestly how do one rate all the 29 different parts and its relays lifespan altogether?

point to note : once any of the elecrtronic devices acting up...go chk with the ZKE...

cross your fingers then........

NKTOB.... only two words to describe the sentiments.... " f**king hell!!"

Sheesh...... :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by popeadrian@Jun 19 2006, 02:57 PM
NKTOB.... only two words to describe the sentiments.... " f**king hell!!"

Sheesh...... :cry: :cry:
u can say that again.......

monday blues to start with.... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Originally posted by vinson@Jun 19 2006, 01:42 PM
Common problem. During warranty, I replaced the air bag sensor under the driver's seat too. Due to numerous adjustment of the seat - back and forth - the plug tends to get disconnected and the cable tends to break.

Check connection...if fail, sad to say that you have to replace you air bag sensor.
:beaten:
The function of the sensor is to ensure sufficient weight is on the seat for the air bag to explode. It is a safety function. For example, if you have a baby chair with a baby on the seat and the seat belt in place...the sensor is suppose to tell the airbag NOT to trigger as there is insufficient weight to be an adult in the seat. :yahoo:

In simple words...it is to prevent suffocation of your baby in the baby chair. :yahoo:
no la

i didnt adjust the seat

:(

duno wat happened now

sigh :(

not adjusting the seat doing what on the seat....... :D :rofl:

BTW bro i think better chk the front seat sensor or the seat belt sensor too to ensure the system is ok

Top Bottom