E46 Part and Service Cost II

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Shahrir;837360 said:
I tend to disagree bro Siva. Some parts I think are ridiculously priced. For instance, power steering pump (ZF) would cost you RM1180 to replace excluding all the power steering hoses. Since it is a rather 'old' car, some major parts tend to get broken thus need to be replaced. Nevertheless, I still enjoy driving it.

Oh okay. Yeah well I kinda meant that the small minor replacements actually. Of course major replacements means big bucks..... ;) But like what you say bro. BMW is 1 chunted cekap awesome ride!

Oh btw guys. Just want to ask. Normally what kilometer do you change your timing belt and do minor overhaul? And if the car has clocked at 180,000km+ what are the services that is needed to be done?

No timing belt, use chain. My car reaches 150k, n I did no overhaul, only change gasket due to oil leak

Sent from my GT-N8000

azeL_Inc;838086 said:
No timing belt, use chain. My car reaches 150k, n I did no overhaul, only change gasket due to oil leak

Sent from my GT-N8000

oh okay. any thing to be aware or change???

siva93;838078 said:
Oh btw guys. Just want to ask. Normally what kilometer do you change your timing belt and do minor overhaul? And if the car has clocked at 180,000km+ what are the services that is needed to be done?

Plenty of parts to be replaced at 180k km if car is NOT properly maintained by previous owner. Below are just few examples:

- Cooling system overhaul RM2k
- Shock absorbers, mountings etc RM1.5k
- Various bushes, mountings, seals RM1-2k
- Disc rotors RM500
- Various fluids change (ATF, engine oil etc) RM1k

And set aside some for electronics as well.

siva93;838201 said:
So basically most of the hoses would need to be checked.

Yes.

Water hose, brake hose, power steering hose, vacuum hose & many more.

When u change water hose then u will change water pump 1 shot to prevent.

[/QUOTE]
koh_424;838312 said:
Yes.

Water hose, brake hose, power steering hose, vacuum hose & many more.

When u change water hose then u will change water pump 1 shot to prevent.

Oh okay... Thanks for the tip...

Just wanna ask cause I saw that in a few days ago one of the thread here, one 46 was using Samco(did i say it correctly??? The blue color ones) piping. Normally how much would they cost(can't find the price due to not so sure whats the real name and also which thread i saw it in)? I never expected to see those for beemers actually. I only thought for japs and local mades only. lol

Oh okay... Thanks for the tip...

Just wanna ask cause I saw that in a few days ago one of the thread here, one 46 was using Samco(did i say it correctly??? The blue color ones) piping. Normally how much would they cost(can't find the price due to not so sure whats the real name and also which thread i saw it in)? I never expected to see those for beemers actually. I only thought for japs and local mades only. lol

I think u r asking bout the 'Samco' silicon radiator hose rite?

Is bout RM300+ per pair. (If i not wrong)

But for me, i did choose original. :top:

Siva, you need to check if the previous have done the change before, if so you dont have to. No point of changing relatively new parts...unless of course its faulty.

Sent from my GT-I9300

koh_424;838340 said:
I think u r asking bout the 'Samco' silicon radiator hose rite?

Is bout RM300+ per pair. (If i not wrong)

But for me, i did choose original. :top:

Oh okay. Yeah thats the one bro. Silicon eh??? Hmmm I guess not that lasting compared to original. thats why you choose original huh? ;)

Strider74;838375 said:
Siva, you need to check if the previous have done the change before, if so you dont have to. No point of changing relatively new parts...unless of course its faulty.

Sent from my GT-I9300

That's the thing bro. I asked the owner. Tak berape tahu sangat katanya. So most probably meet up or speak with the dad to find out what has been changed.

siva93;838413 said:
That's the thing bro. I asked the owner. Tak berape tahu sangat katanya. So most probably meet up or speak with the dad to find out what has been changed.

Yup bro, try to find out, best to get receipts, then you'll know exactly when it was changed.

Strider74;838419 said:
Yup bro, try to find out, best to get receipts, then you'll know exactly when it was changed.

Waiting patiently for the 18th of August to pass by. Then i'll have the receipts all with me ;)

Engine Mounting = 2 x 155 = 310
Gearbox mounting = 2 x 55 = 110
Oil Filter Housing (b) = 38
Oil filter housing (s) = 36
Sensor O rings = 15 x 4 = 60
Water hose block = 68
Brake server pump = 580
Engine wash = 48
Labour = 260
Total 1510

Hi sifus.....just wonder anyone replaced the engine oil dipstick? Are they selling dipstick only but not together with the guide tube....?
I'm sure the dipstick in our E46 must be replaced after some time because the end is made by plastic....
mine one starting to crack...i need replace it before the plastic tip broken and drop into the oil pan :(

Top Bottom