e39 serpentine belt change

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

moots

Club Guest
replaced the fan belt just now due to the ribs cracking thruout the length of the belt.it was Contitech brand and i last had it replaced 1.5 yrs ago by a workshop that charged me rm92.checked at BA yesterday and was quoted rm40 (wow that's cheap)for contitech and rm190 for ori BMW.called up ab glenmarie and they quoted rm123 for ori bmw belt.i went for this and hope that this lasts at least for 5 years.well you get what you pay for i guess...........took 1 hour all in,cold engine,fan and shroud removal required.... the last pic shows the point to put the pin to hold the tensioner pully in for removal and instllation of the belt.the a/c tensioner however does not have this facility so some brute force was required for installation.oh btw,the a/c belt must be removed first before the fan belt.

Did you check your pulley for wear? A very shinny & sharp pulley grooves can cause the belt to cease prematurely.

moots;536767 said:
replaced the fan belt just now due to the ribs cracking thruout the length of the belt.it was Contitech brand and i last had it replaced 1.5 yrs ago by a workshop that charged me rm92.checked at BA yesterday and was quoted rm40 (wow that's cheap)for contitech and rm190 for ori BMW.called up ab glenmarie and they quoted rm123 for ori bmw belt.i went for this and hope that this lasts at least for 5 years.well you get what you pay for i guess...........took 1 hour all in,cold engine,fan and shroud removal required....

the last pic shows the point to put the pin to hold the tensioner pully in for removal and instllation of the belt.the a/c tensioner however does not have this facility so some brute force was required for installation.oh btw,the a/c belt must be removed first before the fan belt.

Did you change Tensioner. You are suppose to change them everytime you change the belts.

Fan belt can last about 45,000km and AC belt can last about 80,000km.

Bimmer,
Must change tensioner everytime also? How much is the tensioner?

jaleeks23;536980 said:
Fan belt can last about 45,000km and AC belt can last about 80,000km.

Bimmer,
Must change tensioner everytime also? How much is the tensioner?

Tensioner RM180 or RM200 plus. The tensioner contains hydralic fluids in them and running almost 99% of the time. so it advisable to change. There is 2 pieces

Top Bottom