e39 Parts and Maintenance Cost

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

feisaldzul

Club Guest
didnt see any topic on this...lets start one going so that those who are interested will know wat kinda cost is involved in maintainin an e39e39 owners...pls do post the cost of yr parts and maintenancecheers

Yes, please, at least we know the rough prices. Just got ripped for RM5k at the workshop. :cry: :cry:

Will post up the figures once I find the receipt (it is at home).

wow....bishop, i thou you did have a good check on the car. 5K is a lot of money. Can TT for a few years....

My friend and I were thinking of a E39 previously now have second thou...We dream of.....oh.h...honda accord...THE POWER OF DREAM!! :p

Originally posted by Bishop@May 30 2005, 05:54 PM
Yes, please, at least we know the rough prices. Just got ripped for RM5k at the workshop. :cry: :cry:

Will post up the figures once I find the receipt (it is at home).
What did you pay 5k for?

Can you document the list of things changed, labour charges and etc... (whether brand new or recond parts)?

Ok. Here it is. Did it at MPower in Taman Mayang. Not a very popular workshop with you guys. There only seems to be one mention of the workshop out of more than 50 workshops from the other thread

http://bmwclubmalaysia.com/forums/index.ph...opic=1137&st=75

Oh well here it is. :getyourfactsright: :beaten: :beaten: :cry: :cry:

A/C Filter (x2) RM300
Rear Disc (x2) RM380
Engine Mounting (x2) 170 (+Labour RM60)
Oil Filter RM46
Auto Filter RM120
Autogasket RM80
Washer (????) RM2
Fuel Filter RM80
Break Fluid (x2) RM40
P/Steering Fluid (x3) RM57
Coolant RM38
Injector Cleaner RM20
Washer Fluid RM12
Radiator RM980 (+Labour RM80)
Expansion Tank RM356
Steering Bellow RM40
Wiper Nozzle R/H RM160
Wiper hose RM48 (+Labour RM30)
Alternator Bearing RM135 (+Labour RM75)
Bearing Cap RM70
Bearing ( B ) RM68
Bearing (S) RM38
Front Break Pad RM450
Labour to carry out Major Service RM120
Labour to flush ATF sys & renew filter RM85
A/C Gas RM80
Lubricant 9000 7lt RM301
Gear Box Oil 2 lt RM48
Vaico 6lt RM390

Please tell me if I got ripped.... :beaten: :cry:

bishop,

were you like servicing your car or there was some problem.? i am due for servicing soon-lah, looks like i am going to get hit 5k? alamak. did your car perform better?

Just got the car, so went for a full service. The mechanic was over zealous and decided to fix everything without asking me.

But he did claim to have reset the entire ECU. The car now runs much better. More responsive and better acceleration.

Good luck on your service. Make sure you get them to call you if they want to fix anything. I was in China when I sent the car in. The had a field day with it.... :beaten: :beaten:

My mechanic always give back all the "faulty" parts after the replacement.

Then again, I indicated to them prior to any major job. I like to check thru' to make sure they are really kaput. not ripping me off. of course, tell me the cost first!!

It is totally against motor association policy for changing of expensive parts without the informing the customer first. I find your mechanic not trust worthy. or he thou you are a big fish!! :yes!:

sifus,
what ECU reset was done ? or is it just feel good after servicing like other cars. psychology you know. new engine oil perhaps. :p :D

wirelessjunkie Posted on Jun 3 2005, 08:31 AM

Bundy, he went to your best friend

How are they? Are they any good? Don't seem to be popular. I think they did something to my A/C when they were fixing the car. The A/C seems to be leaking now.

Anyone knows if you can damage the cooling coil doing the service I mentioned above? :dunno: :dunno:

If memory serves me correct, I think this workshop had received the most number of bad comments from forummers. Is it right, bundy? ;)

Was digging up on some old post. This is is what I found. It seem they are pretty good with air conds.... :nyehehe: :nyehehe:

jaremfan
Posted: Feb 23 2005, 02:04 PM

p.s. first day experience - aircon suddenly stopped working. suspect connection problem, because it happened after fixing instrumentation for the clock and lights. i think it was the BMW workshop in taman megah, near old lim kok wing college. dad intends to send it back there to take a look again. hope that everything will be ok after this.

Got up this morning, realized my power steering is running out of ATF. Filled up & drove to the mechanic. Checked and found that actually my steering rack is OOO. Kena charged $1500 for the recond steering rack + labour. Is it expensive?

I replaced the cooling coil of my e39 which cost me RM 1,800.00 (all in). Then the fuel pump which cost me RM900.00

Hope this will everybody a good info

Top Bottom