e39 key fob

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
jarance;550155 said:
haywire, I got the key cut in Klang for about RM70. (Laser cut??).

I think most locksmith in KL/PJ can cut the keys..

Its quite expensive for just cutting keys! Well what do I know, been abroad too long. how hard is it to open the original one? Open heart surgery?

haywire;550158 said:
Its quite expensive for just cutting keys! Well what do I know, been abroad too long. how hard is it to open the original one? Open heart surgery?

Sorry I meant cutting and supply of the key.. for E36.

The diamond key is completely sealed. You need to cut the side of the key edge in ordered to open. The key from ebay are clipped ON type. They can be open without cutting it.

jarance;550161 said:

The diamond key is completely sealed. You need to cut the side of the key edge in ordered to open. The key from ebay are clipped ON type. They can be open without cutting it.

Okay thanks. That makes more sense in terms of price.

I tried to pry it open when I first got the car, but it didnt move so I abandoned it and ordered a new key. Only cost £103 here, about half the price it is in Malaysia I think

haywire;550163 said:
Okay thanks. That makes more sense in terms of price.

I tried to pry it open when I first got the car, but it didnt move so I abandoned it and ordered a new key. Only cost £103 here, about half the price it is in Malaysia I think

The diamond shaped key is not meant to be opened as it has a self-charging battery! I forced mine opened and Jarance did an "open heart analysis" but failed to revive it! So, have to live with the remote not working but able to start car only.

Jerman;550171 said:
The diamond shaped key is not meant to be opened as it has a self-charging battery! I forced mine opened and Jarance did an "open heart analysis" but failed to revive it! So, have to live with the remote not working but able to start car only.

If it wouldn't ever work why are these things sell on ebay, and from the buyer feedback it works fine. When I got the car, the remote still works, I am able to unlock the car with the remote, only cant lock it because the middle button is missing. So I am guessing the internals still work.

When I got my new key, I sync it with my car (the new key), and the old key lost its sync but because the lock button was missing I cant resync it back so its been sitting in a box since.

Since then I also ordered another key just in case, and also because it is cheapER here.

Not undermining your experiences, I'll take that into consideration as well that it might not work. Since I have two other new key, and the blank key only costed me £5 on eBay, I think I have nothing to lose (well, maybe a little bit). I'll do this on an experimental basis :cool:

One thing I'm not sure about is whether the new key will still charge that old internals from that key. We'll see how it goes.

Oh just in case you didn't know, there's somebody in UK that can repair the internals for about £27.50 plus £7.50 international shipping. They'll change the switches and put in a new rechargeable battery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290460342423&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

jarance;550161 said:

YES the key from ebay are clipped on type.

jarance;549340 said:
No wonder no sound no picture lar.

313 MHz is for USA region..

433.92 MHz is for Malaysia and Europe region.

Pls refer to above pic - Crystal Oscillator frequency..

This frequency bandwidth thing is confusing. I just read the back of my key (2001 E46 325) it's written as 315 MHz. Does that mean the key is supposedly for USA region? weird..

Anyone else out there is using a 315MHz key?

cloudbuster;550286 said:
This frequency bandwidth thing is confusing. I just read the back of my key (2001 E46 325) it's written as 315 MHz. Does that mean the key is supposedly for USA region? weird..

Or it might be that somebody changed the outer casing that come from USA, but the internals are UK. Speculation only hehe.

cloudbuster;550286 said:

Bro No problem what is the frequency as long as your key are works.

wah lau eh....
so complicated wan.
luckily the guy who sold me the car gave me a spare.

I think most of us have spare key that are not working after a while. Some of us even have both keys not working.

I think this thread is try to find an economical way to get a working spare key.

haywire;550289 said:
Or it might be that somebody changed the outer casing that come from USA, but the internals are UK. Speculation only hehe.

The key which I managed to read the 315MHz frequency information was a new key bought via Mudah last year. Can't read from the other 2 original keys as the back of the keys are all worn off (botak! maybe due to my sweaty hands).:10:
The seller actually cut and programmed the transponder for me, but I found out the remote did not work. After doing the remote programming myself, the key worked perfectly.
Never realised the different frequency thing at that time.

Too bad I can't check with the seller on the frequency thing now because I've lost his number.

cloudbuster;550337 said:
The key which I managed to read the 315MHz frequency information was a new key bought via Mudah last year. Can't read from the other 2 original keys as the back of the keys are all worn off (botak! maybe due to my sweaty hands).:10:
The seller actually cut and programmed the transponder for me, but I found out the remote did not work. After doing the remote programming myself, the key worked perfectly.
Never realised the different frequency thing at that time.

Too bad I can't check with the seller on the frequency thing now because I've lost his number.

Bro

Don't mind to share where are u do the remote programming ?

I think many of us here wish to know too.

TQVM

i thought the sync instruction have been posted by bro Jarance on the first page of this thread?

just wondering, when u guys say 'cut the key' (the cover, not the blade) do you actually mean cut with a knife or actually just pry it open?

Just a crazy idea / question here on whether we can disengage the immobilizer.

If we have a key which is semi-faulty where the remote control is defective but the transponder is still ok, can we do the following?:
1. remove the old transponder and place it right next (maybe glue it underneath) to the key hole.
2. And then purchase a few cheap new keys from ebay/china and synchronize it ourselves to get the remote working.
3. Get the new key cut from a local locksmith.
4.Take out the new transponder from the new key and put it away for storage.
5. With the old transponder still next to the key hole, insert the new key and start the car.

Will this start the car? If it do work, the downside to this would be having the immobilizer rendered useless.
The upside to this is that we can afford to have buy a lot of cheap spare keys.

igtto214;550526 said:
Boy:Can I have your name? Girl:Why?Don't you already have one? Boy:I'd like to call you.Your number? Girl:It's in the phone book. Boy:Is this seat empty? Girl:Yes,and this one will be if you sit down. Boy:Haven't I seen you some place before? Girl:Yes.That's why I don't go there anymore. No money no way in real life,no gold no way in game!

Spammer Alert. Any moderators around?

igtto214;550526 said:
Boy:Can I have your name? Girl:Why?Don't you already have one? Boy:I'd like to call you.Your number? Girl:It's in the phone book. Boy:Is this seat empty? Girl:Yes,and this one will be if you sit down. Boy:Haven't I seen you some place before? Girl:Yes.That's why I don't go there anymore. No money no way in real life,no gold no way in game!

ha ha...classic case of boy chase girls....lol!

cloudbuster;550423 said:
Just a crazy idea / question here on whether we can disengage the immobilizer.

If we have a key which is semi-faulty where the remote control is defective but the transponder is still ok, can we do the following?:
1. remove the old transponder and place it right next (maybe glue it underneath) to the key hole.
2. And then purchase a few cheap new keys from ebay/china and synchronize it ourselves to get the remote working.
3. Get the new key cut from a local locksmith.
4.Take out the new transponder from the new key and put it away for storage.
5. With the old transponder still next to the key hole, insert the new key and start the car.

Will this start the car? If it do work, the downside to this would be having the immobilizer rendered useless.
The upside to this is that we can afford to have buy a lot of cheap spare keys.

I believe u can do that:
1. bought an uncut key with the same frequency from china supplier
2. ask the lock smith to cut the key
3.remove the little transponder from the old key and put into the new key
4.syn the new key, the same procedure as mention by the above.
It should work.

Top Bottom