E39 Buy now or wait

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

peterhkp

Club Guest
With the F10 launch around the corner, is it better to buy now for wait until after F10 launch?E39 price likely (?) to have big drop since if will be 2 generations behind with F10 launch.I know some will say that we don't buy with the resale value in mind but that is a reality that we'll have to face one day unless we scrap the car. Appreciate your thoughts.

Will it affect the price so much that its 2 generation behind? My thinking is the current price of E39s are mostly based on condition and how well it was maintained these days and not so much of whether is current model or not. The last of the E39s are already 7 years old.

If you're thinking about E60 now thats a different story.

My 2 cents.

haywire;507396 said:
Will it affect the price so much that its 2 generation behind? My thinking is the current price of E39s are mostly based on condition and how well it was maintained these days and not so much of whether is current model or not. The last of the E39s are already 7 years old. If you're thinking about E60 now thats a different story. My 2 cents.

As a matter of fact, used car prices "decrease by the days"...........with or without new models being launched :eek:. The question is "much" before one believes it's a good time to dive in!

In my opinion, one should buy a BMW because he loves the car, forget about resale and all that...they are such enjoyable cars to drive, it is worth making the financial loss later. Besides, all cars depreciate, not one car appreciates unless it becomes a classic one of its kind.

I paid 120k for my 2003 530i in November 2009. Initially I thought it was a bit pricey, but after owning it for the last 4+ months, I am so thankful for this car...the sheer driving pleasure of this car, makes me look forward to outstation business trips which used to be a real drag for me. If you see a car that is perfect for you just get it. I am sure you will not regret it.

My 2 cents worth.

Realred78;507430 said:
In my opinion, one should buy a BMW because he loves the car, forget about resale and all that...they are such enjoyable cars to drive, it is worth making the financial loss later. Besides, all cars depreciate, not one car appreciates unless it becomes a classic one of its kind.

I paid 120k for my 2003 530i in November 2009. Initially I thought it was a bit pricey, but after owning it for the last 4+ months, I am so thankful for this car...the sheer driving pleasure of this car, makes me look forward to outstation business trips which used to be a real drag for me. If you see a car that is perfect for you just get it. I am sure you will not regret it.

My 2 cents worth.

Totally agree with you. Cant get enough of my 530i either :love:

Realred78;507430 said:

My 2 cents worth.

Exactly. I spend almost 15k upgrading my engine from a 2.5 to a 3.0 it is really worth the money. I paid RM170 in 2005.

Bro Realread78 strongly agree with you
Love for UDM is the only reason to own it. For me I just bought my E39 from our fellow forumer early this month. After a long painfull 8 month hunting for a good one in the market. What can I say..finally im fulfilling my childhood dream.

What can I say..finally im fulfilling my childhood dream.[/QUOTE]

Same here man!:top:
Buy a BMW coz u love it ;)

Each has its own identity. Test drive them and pick one which suits you:top:

or maybe both..hehe

Realred78;507430 said:

My 2 cents worth.

well presented!!! Kudos to you bro! thats why i am having three of these babies... make me wanna drive far..

dudes...
i recently bought an E39 and as u guys....
i totally agreee the comfort of the E39!!!
i added a hydrogen generator to it and it floats like a butterfly!
the torgue was immensely increased and the rpm dipped.
fuel consumption is down by 15% after 1 month usage

911-sure or not got e39? selling that product all over the forum

dude i think you should wait till f10 launch..as much as passion and joy to drive is important, there's no point in paying more than you should for something .

it's always willing buyer and seller, and there's plenty of e39's for sale, hunt around from private owners and get something that suits your budget.

as much as owners have spent on their cars, they did it for their pleasure not yours. so it doesnt mean they get to charge you a premium. i've personally sold my 3-series after much TLC at market price + 5% which is nothing really.

When I had my e34, I sold it (rather painfully) after the E60 came out. Reason being was that bmw has stopped manufacturing parts for it. Heck, towards the tail end of the E39, AB was already clearing their stocks of E34 parts (sometimes free, or for a nominal fee).
That said - I'm not sure of the cycle for the current F10 vis-a-vis E39 parts cycle - but if I'm in the market for a used E39, I'd be a bit more picky with the purchase and push for a better price if defects are known.

cheers.

eviltofu- interestingly, parts for bmw's as old as E30 (and even older!), are still being made OEM by reliable manufacturers. so don't worry about not being able to find parts for these cars :)

jagmalhi;516315 said:
eviltofu- interestingly, parts for bmw's as old as E30 (and even older!), are still being made OEM by reliable manufacturers. so don't worry about not being able to find parts for these cars :)

That is why I am skulking in the classifieds for a e30. :)

just sharing what my collague said to me after he bought his first BMW...
"i should have bought this thing earlier...."

Top Bottom