E39 : Aftermarkets Wheel, Spacer & Suspension Setup

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
The most fugliest

DSC_2197.jpg

And Commercial Break

[video=youtube;w_uEnE1IRTI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_uEnE1IRTI[/video]

Salaam E39 sifus!

Just bought myself an E39 523i 96' model for family car. Currently it's on recently replaced (by the previous owner) stock E39 Sachs shocks and Vogtland springs. The vogtland springs sit quite high at the rear thus gives the car a "terjongket" look. But the front height is perfect. Been contemplating to buy the E39 M-Sport springs (i guess it's made by Eibach?) but don't know how it will turn out.

The car is on M5 rims staggered. I just want to lower the rear a bit but i have to change springs to do that right? just don't know what springs is most suitable. Not so hard but not so soft, if same like vogtland also can.

Thanks guys!

5150;776393 said:
Salaam E39 sifus!

Just bought myself an E39 523i 96' model for family car. Currently it's on recently replaced (by the previous owner) stock E39 Sachs shocks and Vogtland springs. The vogtland springs sit quite high at the rear thus gives the car a "terjongket" look. But the front height is perfect. Been contemplating to buy the E39 M-Sport springs (i guess it's made by Eibach?) but don't know how it will turn out.
?
The car is on M5 rims staggered. I just want to lower the rear a bit but i have to change springs to do that right? just don't know what springs is most suitable. Not so hard but not so soft, if same like vogtland also can.

Thanks guys!

Just pm bro vixxx for H&R springs....the stance is awesome..

JFT63;776396 said:
Just pm bro vixxx for H&R springs....the stance is awesome..

Bro, what's the difference between M-Sport springs and H&R in terms of stance and hardness/softness?

TQ.

H&R, average of height front is 1.30" & for rear is 0.75, i am not sure bout msport. The stiffness is abit subjective, some more you wan something "Not so hard not too soft" you are confusing yourself. Hard passenger complain, and if it soft/lowered carry load sure tayar blakang sangkut.

Since your e39 is for family car (carry load), keep what u have now, when all load is there, i guest the levering will be ok.
And when u drive alone just keep 10kg bag of rice at your rear trunk da kautim :p.
My exp of changing HR and running a stock susp with 18 staggered rim, balik kampong not good bro.

vixxx;776450 said:
For H&R, average of height is front 1.30" & rear 0.75 am not sure bout msport. The stiffness bit subjective, some more you wan something "Not so hard but not so soft" you are confusing yourself. Hard passenger complain, soft but lowered and carry load sure tayar blakang sangkut.

Since your e39 is for family car (carry load), keep what u have now, when all load is there, i guest the levering will be ok.
And when u drive alone just keep 10kg bag of rice at your rear trunk da kautim :p.
My exp of changing HR and running a stock susp with 18 staggered rim, balik kampong not good bro.

TQ bro for the quick reply. Yes, often very hard to describe suspension feel using words, be it car or bikes. Actually i prefer the current feel, coz still can go 200 when driving alone, but i really do not prefer the current rear stance.

Tested an E39 last month which has exactly the set up that i want. He's using Sachs Advantage shocks, msport springs (I think, cant remember what he told me) and fron n rear AC arbs with teflon bushings. Damn good, never felt the speed bumps, and the big bumps also the car soak just nice with good rebound of the shocks, and 10mins later still can do 190 at the NKVE with confidence.

Bro haywire told me that the sachs advantage can only be found overseas so that's a rest case.

What i need is just a bit more drop at the back...

The guni beras 10kg tip is ok but afraid Mr. Tikus will find it's way there hihi...

TQ.

5150, am running HR sport spring + Blistein B8 - call me you you wan to try.

Shahmi, brapa mm u looking? Got mine 15mmX2pcs RM550 (HR brand), let me know if u keen.

vixxx;776521 said:
5150, am running HR sport spring + Blistein B8 - call me you you wan to try.

Shahmi, brapa mm u looking? Got mine 15mmX2pcs RM550 (HR brand), let me know if u keen.

Tq bro for the invitation. But i just got info just now that my sachs advantage will arrive in few weeks time God willing. So i guess i just buy the m-sport springs and probably the arbs too when i got my hands on em'.

If work on my E39 is settled then it's time to let go my beloved E36 328i(M) coz not enuf parking for 3 cars!

Rim - 18" Racing Dynamics RRS 3 piece
Suspension - H&R Cup Kit
Spacers - None
Tires - 245/40/18 all around - used to run staggered 245 (F) and 275 (R)

Rim : SSR - Vienna
Front : 19 X 8.5 (et20), tyre 245/35/19
Rear : 19 X 9.5 (et20), tyre 275/30/19
Spacer : H&R 10mm each for front.
Roll fender : no
Susp. & Spring : Blistein Susp + HR Sport Spring

Pictures:
IMG_9211_zps63d0b048.jpg

IMG_9209_zpsa7c4462c.jpg

Let me know if anyone is keen on a set of original deep dish Hamann HM2 18's with tires for the E39, hv demod my ride hence they are lying around collecting dust.

Wheel : Kelleners Vegas 2 19x8.5(F) 19x9.5(R)
Spacers: Eibach
Suspension : Adjustable hi lo soft hard

BKn1ycZCUAAkhWe.jpg:large

saw this car at optimum... :) but havent seen the owner yet

bazet;822755 said:
Wheel : Kelleners Vegas 2 19x8.5(F) 19x9.5(R)
Spacers: Eibach
Suspension : Adjustable hi lo soft hard

BKn1ycZCUAAkhWe.jpg:large

bro bazet
what is your front and rear offset of your wheel also spacer berapa mm. Bagi spec tu detail sket bleh..
thanks

spacer rear : 20mm
spacer front : 15 mm

kelleners vegas 2 ...offset tak tau nak check :D

Top Bottom