help e38 730i ignition issue

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form
Hi yazmeen, the dealer still waiting for Germany reply it seems. Been a week already. The beauty now stranded. What a pity for such a beauty...Still hoping for the best. But....did anyone have this experience before..

I did found many write up on those who bypass their EWS system on the net...the question now is it doable or just bogus story...

Thank for your concern Bro..

'Haiya! now jaybond also :stickyman: limping lar....hu hu hu no armoured car and transponter also better start cycling basikal tua lahh ....'

Jaybond750;594096 said:
Hi yazmeen, the dealear still waiting for Germany reply it seems. Been a week already. The beauty now stranded. What a pity for such a beauty...Still hoping for the best. But....did anyone have this experience before..

I did found many write up on those who bypass their EWS system on the net...the question now is it doable or just bogus story...

Thank for your concern Bro..

no problem bro.

another way that i never tried, but has been done by the mechanic is to plug in the displus diagnostic, then remove the immobilizer by programming it..also not sure how successful it will be but u can try if ur mechanic has the proper tool

and this mechanic did told me that without the chip, the car still can be able to start but will last for about 15 minutes...then it's shut down by itself.

now, u might need to rectify for other problems too.

but please don't rely that much on this info as i never have this kind of experience yet..will try to start my car tomorrow with the spare key(without any chip whatsoever) and see how it goes.

Where is the mech Bro..yeah i found on the net, the DME can be flash to eliminate EWS,

Not sure in Kedah/Perlis we have such tool. Even to have tool and software for diagnosis purpose also 'pening kepala'

Jaybond750;594105 said:
Where is the mech Bro..yeah i found on the net, the DME can be flash to eliminate EWS,

Not sure in Kedah/Perlis we have such tool. Even to have tool and software for diagnosis purpose also 'pening kepala'

The mech that told me is Mr George from Motoren at Sunway. Very well versed with electronic stuff. No is 012 307 2219

Jaybond750;594107 said:
Yes could you please do that. Let se if the engine could start.

Thanks again.

I will bro :)

Jaybond750;594107 said:
Yes could you please do that. Let se if the engine could start.

Thanks again.

Hi there bro,

Tested already the normal key and there's no cranking at all which means that the key is only meant for opening the door. So that's mean the story that the key can start the car for 15 mins is only a myth. Sorry I cant help u further at the moment....

Hi Yazmeen, thank you for your reply.

Don't be sorry bro...actually i'm quite glad because as you mentioned that the key could not crank. So...there's still hope for me.

Good news is - today BMW dealer in A/Star had confirmed that the German's BMW is processing my application for the new key. Hopefully they will reply by this week.

Thanks Yazmeen, you've been a great forumer and helpful one.

Its just my pleasure to assist u...who knows if i'm at up north might need ur help :)

:dancing2:problem solved.

Received new key and the sleeping beauty now running again after almost a month.

Fuhhh... what a relief....

Anyway thanks to all forumer for your ideas and help.

Thanks mr vincent and mr ssmann, yeah enjoy every second of it now.

Pity, plan to drive up to Thailand had been cancelled. If not I would definitely follow you guys.

Hope to see/meet you guys soon. Thanks all......

hi gregcwho and badrul, thank for the invite, i'll try to join the penang drive and hope to meet you all.

mr jaybond tinggal di perlis area mana?saya iskandar dok area alor setar kalau ada problem sikit2 tu bolehlah saya bantu,

Top Bottom