E34 problems

• Click here to become an Official Member of BMW Club Malaysia Download Form

Azmeerxc

Hi guys . I need some helps . Im planning to buy a e34 520(A) around the corner . But the car Have a prob which is the gear can't shift to 4th gear and can't shift to reverse gear . Cz of this the owner of this car didnt use it for 3-4 months alrdy . But now the car is not cranking when starts . Just all the lights and indicator at the meters functioning . Can someone tells what is the prob of this car ? The owner said that the sensor of the gearbox and immo code hve a prob . How much it will cost ??

What year is the car made? I don't think the 520i came with immobilizer. At least mine, which is a 1995 520i, didn't.

When you try to crank do you hear the fuel pump working. You should hear sound coming from the passenger side that sounds like a pump working for few seconds. If you don't, you should look at the fuel system.

But before going deeper, try hooking it to a diagnostics computer to see what fault codes it has.

good luck!

Thanks bro . Yaa its the same years as yours . I didnt see the car yet just wanna comfirm first what problem does occurs for the car . The owner of this car just told me like ive just mentioned bfore . Im lost . Hahaha

You wanted to buy a car that can't move..?Unless you got it super cheap, please find another one...

Top Bottom